Kevin Keitzman(voice of Kansas City sports) rips Andy Reid as a coach and parent..

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who when where?  That seems to be your personal thing here. 

My point is that they both have a similarity you don't seem to recognize, in that "environment" extends far beyond the father and the home in both cases.

If you read the thread, you'd learn he's the owner of the station.  He ain't gonna fire himself.

I like the "steely resolve" descriptive though.  Ever since Apollo 13 book came out, I've secretly wanted to be a "steely eyed missile man".

He's not the sole owner, is he? 

I think the Kansas City Chiefs are most definitely, absolutely, going to fire this guy from his show.

The heat the Hunt family and Chiefs fans can bring is more than enough to get the job done.

Couple of points:

1.  He isn't necessarily wrong about Andy as a head coach.  Most Eagle fans I know will echo the same thing.  He hasn't been a coach that seems to be able to get over the top and has struggled with managing players in both Phi and KC.  His best traits are offensive play design.  Doesn't mean he is a bad head coach, but he is kind of like Mike D'Antoni in the NBA where if his offense gets stalled, he won't have a lot of answers or overcome it.  

2.  As a journalist, bringing his family and the tragedy of his son is not only over the line, but total bush league and a fireable offense in my book.  He has NO INSIGHT what so ever on his son's drug addictions.  To include that into a discussion about Andy's ability to lead a football team is inexcusable.  I know plenty of good people who were good parents that saw some of their children fall into alcohol or drug addiction.  And some of them beat those addictions, and others did not.  Just because a child falls victim to this does not automatically equate to it being a failure of the parent.  

I think this kind of lazy reporting where he takes a shot at his family life should face some serious repercussions.  Its just doesn't belong in a story like this.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I feel like there's some context missing here.  What about BADOL's post warranted this response?

I don’t want to speak for anyone else, but it just may be his constantly condescending demeanor and insensitivity to such a sensitive subject plus a  lack of general social awareness. But maybe that’s just me......(but I don’t think so). 

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t want to speak for anyone else, but it just may be his constantly condescending demeanor and insensitivity to such a sensitive subject plus a  lack of general social awareness. But maybe that’s just me......(but I don’t think so). 

And here we see a masterful exposition of views on a subject, all without one *******.  Ol' Dirty and others, Take Note.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And this is why some people hate the media.  Gutless pukes who literally accomplish nothing and just crap on actual successful people.  

And for as great as you get paid, I think coaching kinda sucks.  Andy Reid is in the top 5% of the top 5% in his profession and gets ? because he hasn’t won a SB.  I know Reid has accomplished a lot more than that dork.  And the amount of time you spend away from your family doesn’t seem worth IMO.  

So good coach not a great parent?

Can you categorically list each accomplishments of the these 2? 

Besides a ton of regular season football games, what else has Reid accomplished? Not football related. 

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If a GM/coach want to build a good team quickly, there are a limited number of paths.  One path is to try to amplify your talent by taking risks on guys with black marks and hope that by surrounding them with disciplined good citizen teammates and coaches, they'll "fly right". 

Underneath the Richard Head remarks, the radio dude's point is that Reid's history as a coach does not give him great odds of success, and he's probably not wrong. 

Reported for the use of Richard Head

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And here we see a masterful exposition of views on a subject, all without one *******.  Ol' Dirty and others, Take Note.

So you're saying that while @Augie focused on civility, light handedness, and clean language, you want the rest of us to do the exact oposite... Right? 

Just now, whatdrought said:

So you're saying that while @Augie focused on civility, light handedness, and clean language, you want the rest of us to do the exact oposite... Right? 

Advice for Technical Writers:

Write positively.  Instead of "Do Not Use This Appliance While In Bath Tub", Say "Go Ahead and Use This Applicance In the Bath Tub!"

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Advice for Technical Writers:

Write positively.  Instead of "Do Not Use This Appliance While In Bath Tub", Say "Go Ahead and Use This Applicance In the Bath Tub!"

Am I a bad person for feeling that that might cure a lot of issues in the world? 

http://www.810whb.com/2019/06/25/union-broadcasting-statement-regarding-kevin-kietzmans-comments-on-btl-on-june-24th/

"We are aware of the controversial comments made by Kevin Kietzman during yesterday’s broadcast of Between the Lines. We have decided to take the immediate step to take Kevin off the air until further notice as we review this matter."

Edited by Gugny
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I doubt many people could see this as a bigger mess than I do, but I wouldn’t want he guy to lose his job over it. Sure, it was an awful thing to write or think. Use it as a teaching moment. He can feel a little pain, but let him keep his liveihood.