Kevin Keitzman(voice of Kansas City sports) rips Andy Reid as a coach and parent..

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm no fan of that outta' bounds take.............but the mother hens here really need something non-Bills related to cackle their outrage about. ?     

It’s really great that we have you to keep us in line. God forbid anyone else have an opinion.....especially about something so important.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder if this will start a trend of "Voice of the" guys ripping into the team's coaches.................I'll have to listen to John Murphy today to hear him get after McDermott.  

1 hour ago, bbb said:

I wonder if this will start a trend of "Voice of the" guys ripping into the team's coaches.................I'll have to listen to John Murphy today to hear him get after McDermott.  

You’ll have to wade through three hours of Tasker stammering away over his own thoughts, licking Doritos salt from his lips and breathing through his nose. Good luck. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Both of his kids were train wrecks when he was in Philly. The one who passed (Garrett) had been in significant trouble multiple times and did 2 years in prison before he eventually OD'd at Eagles Training Camp IIRC.  His brother, Britt, was arrested on the SAME DAY on drug and weapons charges.  You have an NFL coach with all the resources in the world at his disposal and he had two kids basically running amok in Philadelphia.  It doesn't reflect well whether it's good taste on the radio host to bring it up or not.  

All the resources in the world except for free time.

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Annnnndddddd aquatic sea creatures have been lept over... 

Barr is human.?

7 hours ago, TigerJ said:

To be honest, there probably is not enough time in the day for a person to be both a great parent and a good head football coach, if you want to sleep, that is.  If you're going to be a head football coach, you should either not have kids, or marry a woman whose passion is staying at home and being a great parent.  That said, Andy Reid has proven he's a solid football coach.  I guess you can't say he's an elite coach until he makes a habit of winning Super Bowls, but he's built some solid football teams over the years.  I did not listen to the KC sports guy's rant, but I assume the parenting part of it relates back to the fact that Reid's kid had a drug problem and lost his life.  Maybe there were things Reid could have done as a father to help his son put his life in a different direction, but good parents can have kids that are messed up. 

My wife and I have four grown kids.  One of them is adopted.  The three bio kids are all solid people.  One is a husband and father who struggles financially because he had a learning disability in school, couldn't make a go of college, and lives in an economically depressed area.  We have two daughters who are both professionals and college grads.  One was the President's Award winner at Roberts Wesleyan (essentially valedictorian) or her graduating class and has a masters degree.   The other is a registered nurse and happily married with a baby on the way.  Our adopted kid is about as messed up as you can imagine despite the fact that we worked harder at parenting with her than we did our own kids.  She was our foster daughter before we adopted her, and had so many problems before she even came into our home that it would have been a miracle had she turned out to be happy and well adjusted.  But there are also parents who did just about everything right with their own kids, and they're still messed up.  Unless the KC sports guy knows the whole story (which I seriously doubt), he should keep his mouth shut.

This is a solid post.  It's the old nature vs. nurture argument -- how much of what and who we become is a result of our environment (parents, etc.) vs. our own genetics?  Sometimes fakked up kids come from "great" environments and sometimes incredible kids come from ***** ones.  There's probably some level of predictability but it's certainly not an exact science.  In any event, what this radio host did is in extremely poor taste.

The announcer should never bring up fatherhood and tie it to coaching.  He has no idea the personal circumstances of Reid, and it is nobody’s business.  I feel bad for his wife hearing this reference as I can only assume it eventually made it to her.

If you don’t like him as a coach, keep you’re opinions to those points.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I am and I'm not arrogant enough to think that I'm not making mistakes.  Nor am I arrogant enough to think that these things are not possible.  However, if BOTH of my children end up as drug addicts I think it's fair to say that I've done something wrong as a parent to help them get to that place in life.

Addiction is more powerful than a parent’s love. I’m lucky that my kids are not afflicted but I know too many great parents who have great kids and also addicted ones.  

Then again, you seem to know everything about the Reid’s home life so please tell us what they did wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There are plenty of wonderful people out there who have had not so good parenting. Life is about choices some people choose to make bad ones. People need to take responsibility for their own actions instead of constantly blaming others. Kevin sounds like a douche.

Edited by ALLEN1QB

8 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

So what's the difference when rich Dad is working 70 hour weeks as a football coach and is essentially gone every weekend for at least half the year? My point was that I don't see those things as being exceptionally different except people seem to be willing to treat them as though they are. 

Who when where?  That seems to be your personal thing here. 

My point is that they both have a similarity you don't seem to recognize, in that "environment" extends far beyond the father and the home in both cases.

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

I appreciate your steely resolve to gate keep but he hasn't been fired.  

If you read the thread, you'd learn he's the owner of the station.  He ain't gonna fire himself.

I like the "steely resolve" descriptive though.  Ever since Apollo 13 book came out, I've secretly wanted to be a "steely eyed missile man".

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who when where?  That seems to be your personal thing here. 

My point is that they both have a similarity you don't seem to recognize, in that "environment" extends far beyond the father and the home in both cases.

If you read the thread, you'd learn he's the owner of the station.  He ain't gonna fire himself.

But, if he's really interested in sending a message of tolerance and respect for the community at large, it would be a bold and courageous move if he did. 

I think I'm only half kidding here.

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Do you think bringing the family in was inappropriate, or inaccurate? The answer is telling. 

The commentator/owner was out of bounds bringing up the family issue when making the point about discipline and how the coach handles it on the team. He also demonstrated ignorance on a complicated problem. His lack of empathy and judgment were extraordinary. On the other hand there is another issue here that is also troubling in a different way, an insidious way. The rush to moral judgment calling for termination for a contrarian opinion. (Not suggesting that is your take.) There is a posse mentality in this political correctness environment looking to pounce on every out of the box (often stupid) opinions. 

This political correctness issue has nothing to do with conservative vs liberal conflicts because it contaminates both sides of the aisle. The bigger issue is the stifling of discussions because of an unpopular or minority opinion. In many colleges a person with a minority view, let alone controversial view, is not allowed to speak or is shouted down. If you can't have an open exchange of different ideas in college then where can you have it?   

The commentator said something that was very ignorant. In America it is not a crime to say something stupid. I'm more bothered by the call to fire someone (in this case the owner of the station) because of an outlandish and insensitive opinion. This twitter world of responses of outrage are more destructive than the original stupid statements that are being responded to. 

Not for this at all.  However, society needs a mirror on this one.  The guy is literally doing the same thing the world does every single day on social media.  Always ironic to see when it suddenly becomes too far.  There is a reason people like this think its ok in the first place.  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Guy could have just said "Andy Reid can't coach in the post season" and left it at that.

Thats a thoroughly comprehensive argument that needs no defense and gets his point across without being a shock jock. Nobody who knows football can argue that.

i realize the above sounds sarcastic, but I don’t mean it that way. ? 

• Like (+1) 2