Kevin Keitzman(voice of Kansas City sports) rips Andy Reid as a coach and parent..

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

It’s forbidden.

Think if it as a message board with moderator type persons. I, personally, might feel like someone is a piece of excreted excrement. But, I can’t go around saying “Mr. Weo (for example) is a piece of excreted excrement” as a reply to your posts.

If I did that, those moderator types would swoop in and banish me to the @Gugny place. I don’t like that place so I (try to) perform self moderation.

In the Reid instance the normal course would be for the owner (moderator in my example) to fire the schlep for going outside of what is generally accepted behavior. Since he’s the owner, he skates.  

That's a common occurrence...

The radio was pretty inarticulate in his point.  But I don't think it is a forbidden question/topic at all.  Reid history brining in shady players and his personal hx may actually suggest a blind spot he has for this.  It can be talked about.

Coaches have personal lives that should be out of bounds for this kind of commentary.  No one knows what kind of hell he and his family have gone through.  His coaching record is fair game though - I honestly don't get the love affair over him as a HC.

8 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

....it's official.....ADIOS.............

• ESPN News Services

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A sports radio host has lost his job after a comment he made about Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid and his family stirred outrage.

Union Broadcasting announced Friday afternoon that it had reached a mutual agreement to part ways with Kevin Kietzman. He had been suspended since Tuesday from WHB (810 AM), where he was a key on-air personality.

"We would like to thank Kevin for his dedicated service over the last 22 years," said Chad Boeger, president of Union Broadcasting. "Kevin has been a valuable member of the Sports Radio 810 WHB team. We wish him all the best on his future endeavors and good luck moving forward."

On 6/26/2019 at 8:20 AM, Mr. WEO said:

I really am trying to help you:

"But the very nature of the outrage is the perceived attack on Reid's parenthood, as if it is inherently beyond question.  But is it?  Is it not possible that, given the choices Reid made regarding his career and its relation to his parenting, that he may feel that he did fail as a parent and would not disagree with someone pointing that out?  

I'm not saying it should have been brought by whoever this guy is.  I'm asking if the point can even ever be made or is it forbidden?"  

You're also ignoring the point made here that how Reid feels about his parenting and whether he would disagree with someone who feels he failed is NOT germaine to the issue:

In discussing someone's professional performance, bringing up his parenting of a deceased child is, Yes, inherently beyond the bounds of decency for a public radio show.

It's not Reid's parenting that's inherently beyond question - I'm sure he questions it - it's the choice of a radio personality to question it in a discussion of his professional abilities.

And whether or not Reid would agree that he failed as a parent (he probably does) is quite simply, besides the point.  If you're a decent human being there are things you don't take a dump on publically: other people's lawns, ice cream shop sidewalks, and the parenting skills of someone whose adult child died of a drug overdose.

My opinion of course.

On 6/26/2019 at 12:22 PM, Mr. WEO said:

The radio was pretty inarticulate in his point.  But I don't think it is a forbidden question/topic at all.  Reid history brining in shady players and his personal hx may actually suggest a blind spot he has for this.  It can be talked about.

Then we disagree.  It is totally in bounds and possible to talk about Reid's history of bringing in troubled players and how that has worked out, without bringing in his personal history.

The personal history of having a child struggling with addiction who died of an overdose is really not a strong argument for a "blind spot", given that great parents can have kids who struggle with addiction.  Addiction is a douche, and it doesn't discriminate and choose children of poor parents.

• Like (+1) 1

KC sports media in general makes Schopp and the rest of the WGR crew look like Bills cheerleaders. Really sports media in other cities in general makes Buffalo sports media look tame. 

Media down there in KC though seem to have a special passion for tearing apart the ownership, players, coaches... You name it.

It's odd the amount of vitriol toward that team and Andy Reid. Even the Hunt family.

We know. They lost to NE. Everyone not named Manning or Flacco does when the games matter most. Get over it.

They have some problem players. Many teams do. Reid might be trying to give guys 2nd chances because he likes redemption stories. No reason to crucify the guy.

Most people in the NFL love Reid and will tell you he is a great guy. Sometimes giving guys chances burns you. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

KC sports media in general makes Schopp and the rest of the WGR crew look like Bills cheerleaders. Really sports media in other cities in general makes Buffalo sports media look tame. 

Media down there in KC though seem to have a special passion for tearing apart the ownership, players, coaches... You name it.

It's odd the amount of vitriol toward that team and Andy Reid. Even the Hunt family.

We know. They lost to NE. Everyone not named Manning or Flacco does when the games matter most. Get over it.

They have some problem players. Many teams do. Reid might be trying to give guys 2nd chances because he likes redemption stories. No reason to crucify the guy.

Most people in the NFL love Reid and will tell you he is a great guy. Sometimes giving guys chances burns you.

In my opinion, KC fans are spoiled by recent success.   

After 6 years of ineptitude (punctuated by 1 good year), they have had 6 very consistent winning seasons under Reid - playoffs 5 of the last 6 years, even won a playoff game and competed for the Conf Championship last year.

As Bills fans, we think we'd be thrilled by the kind of success KC has had, but now it's no longer good enough.

Reid might be trying to give guys 2nd chances becaues redemption stories, but also, one of the ways you build a successful team is to take a chance on talented guys with black marks in their past. 

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Then we disagree.  It is totally in bounds and possible to talk about Reid's history of bringing in troubled players and how that has worked out, without bringing in his personal history.

The personal history of having a child struggling with addiction who died of an overdose is really not a strong argument for a "blind spot", given that great parents can have kids who struggle with addiction.  Addiction is a douche, and it doesn't discriminate and choose children of poor parents.

I'm going to disagree.  Andy Reid had not one but 2 sons who served prison time for drug and/or gun charges.  In fact, at Britt Reid's sentencing, the judge called Andy Reid's home, where both adult sons were living, a "drug emporium".  This was all going on....in Andy Reid's house!

"There isn't any structure there that this court can depend upon," Montgomery County Judge Steven O'Neill said before sentencing 22-year-old Britt Reid to up to 23 months in jail plus probation.

"I'm saying this is a family in crisis," O'Neill said.

Earlier Thursday, O'Neill sentenced 24-year-old Garrett Reid, a drug addict and dealer who said he got a thrill out of selling drugs in "the 'hood," to up to 23 months in jail for smashing into another motorist's car while high on heroin.

O'Neill noted that searches of the Reid home found illegal and prescription drugs throughout the house. He said both boys had been overmedicated throughout much of their lives and that Britt got hooked on painkillers when he suffered a football injury in high school.

While the judge was sympathetic to the parents, when Britt Reid says he did everything without his parents' knowledge, the judged "questioned that claim".

Reid took a few weeks off and then he went right back to work in a job that demands all of his time away from a "family in crisis".

So anyone feigning surprise that this topic was broached by some radio bro (i.e. brought up at all) in the context of that same HC tolerating players with bad behavior is ignoring the history here.  Reid's parenting was publically discussed at both of his sons' arraignments by the judge who sentenced them both.  Therefore, it can't be a forbidden topic just because no one has brought up in 12 years.....

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm going to disagree.  Andy Reid had not one but 2 sons who served prison time for drug and/or gun charges.  In fact, at Britt Reid's sentencing, the judge called Andy Reid's home, where both adult sons were living, a "drug emporium".  This was all going on....in Andy Reid's house!

"There isn't any structure there that this court can depend upon," Montgomery County Judge Steven O'Neill said before sentencing 22-year-old Britt Reid to up to 23 months in jail plus probation.

Earlier Thursday, O'Neill sentenced 24-year-old Garrett Reid, a drug addict and dealer who said he got a thrill out of selling drugs in "the 'hood," to up to 23 months in jail for smashing into another motorist's car while high on heroin.

O'Neill noted that searches of the Reid home found illegal and prescription drugs throughout the house. He said both boys had been overmedicated throughout much of their lives and that Britt got hooked on painkillers when he suffered a football injury in high school.

While the judge was sympathetic to the parents, when Britt Reid says he did everything without his parents' knowledge, the judged "questioned that claim".

Reid took a few weeks off and then he went right back to work in a job that demands all of his time away from a "family in crisis".

So anyone feigning surprise that this topic was broached by some radio bro (i.e. brought up at all) in the context of that same HC tolerating players with bad behavior is ignoring the history here.  Reid's parenting was publically discussed at both of his sons' arraignments by the judge who sentenced them both.  Therefore, it can't be a forbidden topic just because no one has brought up in 12 years.....

...quite the pathetic and nonsensical response......it was a painful enough tragedy in Reid's family, publicly reviewing parenting skills....so it is now okay the dig this up 12 years hence and make him revisit the tragedy?......just repulsive BS....congratulations on your "justification".....but expected.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...quite the pathetic and nonsensical response......it was a painful enough tragedy in Reid's family, publicly reviewing parenting skills....so it is now okay the dig this up 12 years hence and make him revisit the tragedy?......just repulsive BS....congratulations on your "justification".....but expected.....

It was a tragedy no doubt.  But I think a guy who has that going on in his house to that degree and he responds to both sons being imprisoned at the same time by taking a month off and going right back to work.....I think that's behavior that can be questioned.

You think it's repulsive to even ask the question.  I disagree. 

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Apparently all is fair in love and weo.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was a tragedy no doubt.  But I think a guy who has that going on in his house to that degree and he responds to both sons being imprisoned at the same time by taking a month off and going right back to work.....I think that's behavior that can be questioned.

You think it's repulsive to even ask the question.  I disagree. 

...we disagree, but I still will respect your opinion which is how this place is supposed to work.......

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Apparently all is fair in love and weo.

without getting off topic, the norm today is drudging up the past whether in sports (ie. Andy), politics, US history, etc so we can point fingers and re-judge.....VERY sad......energy better spent on today and tomorrow...we have a very renowned, highly respected and one of my favorite posters right here who tragically lost a child to addiction....I'm certain this thread brings back painful memories as the radio pig did for Andy, something that NEITHER deserve....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

without getting off topic, the norm today is drudging up the past whether in sports (ie. Andy), politics, US history, etc so we can point fingers and re-judge.....VERY sad......energy better spent on today and tomorrow...we have a very renowned, highly respected and one of my favorite posters right here who tragically lost a child to addiction....I'm certain this thread brings back painful memories as the radio pig did for Andy, something that NEITHER deserve....

Sadly at least a couple like you describe.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Odd that you chose to not bold, "Britt got hooked on painkillers when he suffered a football injury in high school."

This is what's wrong with our society.  No one wants to address the ROOT of the problem.

• Like (+1) 1