Kevin Keitzman(voice of Kansas City sports) rips Andy Reid as a coach and parent..

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

I doubt many people could see this as a bigger mess than I do, but I wouldn’t want he guy to lose his job over it. Sure, it was an awful thing to write or think. Use it as a teaching moment. He can feel a little pain, but let him keep his liveihood. 

I never want anyone to lose his/her job.  Judging from Twitter and Facebook comments I'm reading, he wasn't well-liked before he made these comments.  As part owner of the station, I'm sure he'll be fine.

If nothing else, I think he needs to personally apologize to Andy Reid and his wife.  Not in public; not via social media.  A sincere, face-to-face apology.  They deserve that.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I never want anyone to lose his/her job.  Judging from Twitter and Facebook comments I'm reading, he wasn't well-liked before he made these comments.  As part owner of the station, I'm sure he'll be fine.

If nothing else, I think he needs to personally apologize to Andy Reid and his wife.  Not in public; not via social media.  A sincere, face-to-face apology.  They deserve that.

The best thing that can come of this is that he and others learn from it. Don’t judge what you don’t understand. Something good can come of almost anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who when where?  That seems to be your personal thing here. 

My point is that they both have a similarity you don't seem to recognize, in that "environment" extends far beyond the father and the home in both cases.

If you read the thread, you'd learn he's the owner of the station.  He ain't gonna fire himself.

I like the "steely resolve" descriptive though.  Ever since Apollo 13 book came out, I've secretly wanted to be a "steely eyed missile man".

I believe he also runs analytics for CBS

Hmmm....5 pages in.  Ok, I'll pose the question:

Does anyone here think that Andy Reid really feels he did a good job raising his kids?  And that this radio guy's screed is therefore personally offensive to him?

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

http://www.810whb.com/2019/06/25/union-broadcasting-statement-regarding-kevin-kietzmans-comments-on-btl-on-june-24th/

"We are aware of the controversial comments made by Kevin Kietzman during yesterday’s broadcast of Between the Lines. We have decided to take the immediate step to take Kevin off the air until further notice as we review this matter."

Well!!  That was unexpected.

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hmmm....5 pages in.  Ok, I'll pose the question:

Does anyone here think that Andy Reid really feels he did a good job raising his kids?  And that this radio guy's screed is therefore personally offensive to him?

Oh, Lordy.  Where to start?

It.  Does. Not. Matter. What.  Andy. Reid. Thinks. About. How. He. Raised. His. Kids.

I worked several years for a man whose teenage son had committed suicide about 7 years previously.    I am quite certain that as a parent, he feels he did not do a good job raising his son.  Every parent has things they wish they'd done differently.  How much more must a parent whose child has died by the child's own hand think?  At times, you could see that man's red-raw lacerated soul looking out of his eyes.

The musical Hamilton refers to their son's death in a duel as "going through the unimaginable".  To use a family's, a father's, unimaginable pain over the death of their child to "score points" or "get clicks" in a discussion of his professional career is simply despicable.  Offensively despicable. 

It is despicable regardless of whether Andy Reid feels he did a good job raising his kids (I'm sure he does not) and whether or not he feels personally offended by it.

• Like (+1) 3

20 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If the guy wants to criticize Andy Reid, or any other coach, from a coaching football perspective, fine and fair game.  Just leave the family part out of it, no need for that part.  Had he left the part out about family management/discipline, I think there would be a number of folks who would agree with the assessment. 

I could not agree with you more.  The comments were a cheap shot.

Its a tough situation. I think that the fact that TWO of his sons spent time in prison and even after one died he didn’t step back and take a break worries me about Andy Reid the man. That they did drugs doesn’t terribly concern me but how he handled it and some whispers that floated around did.

That man, for better and worse, is a football coach and his best and worst qualities are likely to bleed through.

addiction is a tough and extremely complicated thing and I am among the last to look at it as a moral failing by anyone. I think that as a leader of men he has struggled to show that he practices good self care and by proxy often struggles with proper care of others. That may reflect in both his personal and professional life. That’s a very difficult conversation to have off the cuff on the radio though.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It.  Does. Not. Matter. What.  Andy. Reid. Thinks. About. How. He. Raised. His. Kids.

I worked several years for a man whose teenage son had committed suicide about 7 years previously.    I am quite certain that as a parent, he feels he did not do a good job raising his son.  Every parent has things they wish they'd done differently.  How much more must a parent whose child has died by the child's own hand think?  At times, you could see that man's red-raw lacerated soul looking out of his eyes.

The musical Hamilton refers to their son's death in a duel as "going through the unimaginable".  To use a family's, a father's, unimaginable pain over the death of their child to "score points" or "get clicks" in a discussion of his professional career is simply despicable.  Offensively despicable. 

It is despicable regardless of whether Andy Reid feels he did a good job raising his kids (I'm sure he does not) and whether or not he feels personally offended by it.

I’m hoping he stumbled haphazardly into a tough topic and wasn’t just trying to score points. Those are widely different things. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Why would you think Reid wants that?    It might make you.....the outraged observer looking for satisfaction.....feel better,  but it's quite possible that he doesn't care about the guy's opinion and doesn't want to even give life to the story.

Having to accept an apology for that nonsense only lends some kind of credence to it.

And ftr jerks linking Reid's failure to win a SB to issues in his personal life happened in Philadelphia too...........it's an OLD storyline.   

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why would you think Reid wants that?    It might make you.....the outraged observer looking for satisfaction.....feel better,  but it's quite possible that he doesn't care about the guy's opinion and doesn't want to even give life to the story.

Having to accept an apology for that nonsense only lends some kind of credence to it.

And ftr jerks linking Reid's failure to win a SB to issues in his personal life happened in Philadelphia too...........it's an OLD storyline.   

I don't know if that's what Andy Reid wants.  I do, however, know that when I do or say something bad to someone, I apologize for it.  That's what responsible adults do.  I also specified that it should be done face-to-face in order to avoid any and all publicity.

But what does the prick do?  He records himself and puts it on Twitter.  

Yes - I am an outraged observer.  Addiction continues to plague this country and all people (generally speaking) want to do is say, "they were raised poorly," or, "no one told them to take drugs."  This ... instead of investing in finding the ROOT of addiction, not to mention the irresponsible prescription practices by far too many doctors.  Nobody wants to be an addict.  Society needs to start understanding addiction and figuring out how to prevent it ... and STOP pointing fingers and throwing addicts in jail.  This is not just about this prick radio station owner and Andy Reid.  It's about one of the biggest problems afflicting our country and our world.

A heartfelt apology from one person I don't know to another person I don't know won't make me feel better.  Again - my point is that it's the right thing to do; at least that's how I was raised.

To Augie's point, accepting the apology is not the important thing here; learning something is.

Lastly, just because it's an old storyline, doesn't make it any more acceptable.  It was a disgusting display full of ignorance and short sightedness.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Kevin Keitzman is a part owner of the station.  He also carries the title VP.  20 years ago, Kevin was a good jornalist and had a good show.  It started going downhill when he got caught by the police getting a BJ from the company secretary....this led to his divorce and he ended up marrying the secretary.  His show stopped being worthwhile to listen to and turned into A LOT of commecial breaks, and whole paid segments where he'd be talking "sports" with a sponsor or doing a full hour of bbq grilling with a sponser....unlistenable radio in exchange for a buck.  he forgot what made him worth listening to in the first place....A LONG time ago.  for the past 10 years...he has become the guy you hear in the audio....too lazy to actually do any work or put time and effort into forming a reasoned and well thought out take...he's resorted to saying crap like this get a rise out of people.  I was once a fan of his...back when he was young and hungry, and put in the effort.  I've hated the guy for the last 10-15 years...he's awful.  The interesting part of this all is that 810 WHB is the Chiefs official Radio station for sports talk.  (810 doesn't carry the actual play by play broadcast)  Their deal with the Chiefs gives them exclusive access to facilities, players, coaches etc FIRST, that other media in town don't get.  As a partner...I'd hope the Chiefs leverage their power here and persuade ol Kev to hang up the mic and retire to his VP desk....and for those who know....let Soren Petro have that prime 2-6 spot that he absolutely deserves and should have.

• Like (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think anyone's arguing otherwise here.

But the very nature of the outrage is the perceived attack on Reid's parenthood, as if it is inherently beyond question.  But is it?  Is it not possible that, given the choices Reid made regarding his career and its relation to his parenting, that he may feel that he did fail as a parent and would not disagree with someone pointing that out?  

I'm not saying it should have been brought by whoever this guy is.  I'm asking if the point can even ever be made or is it forbidden?  

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

But the very nature of the outrage is the perceived attack on Reid's parenthood, as if it is inherently beyond question.  But is it?  Is it not possible that, given the choices Reid made regarding his career and its relation to his parenting, that he may feel that he did fail as a parent and would not disagree with someone pointing that out?  

I'm not saying it should have been brought by whoever this guy is.  I'm asking if the point can even ever be made or is it forbidden?  

The topic CAN be broached....but in this case...the guy (kevin Keitzman) is taking the death of Reids son from an overdose and drawing the conclusion that Reid = bad parent and Reied = Poor disciplinarian without knowing any of the facts or circumstances about Reids fathering or his son.  KK could have easily just said Ried has a long track record of struggling with player discipline.  He would be correct and there is plenty there to actually go on, without having to demonstrate or emphasize the point by adding Reid son died of a drug overdose.  You COULD even bring the overdose etc into the argument IF you had some other facts to go around it....like if for example it was as known fact Andy Reid withdrew his kid from rehab because he was tyring to be a cool dad...or something...but there are no FACTS like that to go on...NONE...KK literally knows ZERO about that situation and made that comparison.  .....he makes these baseless arguments on air ALL THE TIME.  In this case...he went too far.  .....but to answer the question...yes, the subject can be discussed...but like anything...context and facts are important.

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think as members of society it makes sense to wonder from an external perspective. We all do this with people we actually know. The question “I wonder what happened” when you find out a friends daughter is in jail or a co-workers son over dosed. There’s a level of personal reflection that is almost demanded when we see tragic situations- it’s natural to ask what went wrong and to check ourselves to see if those issues might be present in our lives or in our families lives. The part where it becomes wrong, I think, is when we make assertions about what happened without knowing anything about the specific situation. It’s one thing to analyze the going ons of the world outside our glass house in order to understand humanity and ourselves, it’s another thing entirely to stoop down and grab the rocks. 

Thats where I think this guy crossed the line. If the conversation happens in a bar with some buddies and he says “do you guys see a connection between Rieds family issues and the lack of discipline at arrowhead” I think that’s a natural conversation. When it’s on a public radio station and sure to get back to the Reid family and it’s not phrased as a question, but as a statement- that bothers me. It’s just classless.

• Like (+1) 1