Bills ranked 19th best fan base

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Muhammad Ali would have been able to pummel sugar Ray Leonard.   Just a fact.  A big part of the reason is that Ali was much bigger.  You can have discussions about  hypothetical “pound for pound” arguments.  But those don’t change the fact about who could pummel whom 

But this analogy proves the point that the metrics used to gauge "best Fans" (which I associate with Die Hard Fans)  are skewed and favor the heavy weight with the longer reach. So to gauge true fandom the pound for pound debate must proceed and the data be utilized with per capita, median house hold incomes / disposable incomes.... need to be the metrics involved for true gauging fandom. Die hard fans tend to support their teams when the chips are down and money is tight. Fair weather fans disappear during these years..

The original study vastly overweight's population and teams riding recent winning traditions. 

Edited by ddaryl

Next time Cowboys or Patriots fans, the top two on the list, rally around some cause or individual and donate their time and hard-earned money to some local or out of market charity or person in need of help I'll give them high marks for 'social equity'.  But right now Bills fans are #1.  What fan base reaches out and helps like this one?   

I strongly suspect that since this study comes out every year from Emory University, it is probably part of a basic statistics course. And, considering the quality of the study, and the annual complaints that get posted every damn year, I’d be surprised if this thing was subjected to any sort of peer review, other than the grade from the professor teaching Statistics 101. 

• Like (+1) 1

i am a math teacher and i love statistics but social equity is completely unrelated to fan base devotion. i do not care what twitter has to say about the Bills or any of the teams in other sports i root for. but any fan base score that creates a way too put Miami, 49ers, and Atl over Buffalo and KC is absurd. in ATL and Miami there are as many Bills fans as local fans.

17 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

This is comical- WE ARE THE NUMBER 1 FAN BASE 

...resiliency and unwavering support despite a 17 year drought?.....find me otherwise...and we NEVER had to borrow Hefty Bags from Jax to fake a sellout...................

9 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Buffalo fans are #1 in my book. Any other team would have run Norewood out of town after SB 25.  Bills fans flocked to the airport to greet him and their fellow teammates. Go Bills

I wanted to run him out of town

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Next time Cowboys or Patriots fans, the top two on the list, rally around some cause or individual and donate their time and hard-earned money to some local or out of market charity or person in need of help I'll give them high marks for 'social equity'.  But right now Bills fans are #1.  What fan base reaches out and helps like this one?   

How do you know they don't? maybe they just don't publicize it

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...resiliency and unwavering support despite a 17 year drought?.....find me otherwise...and we NEVER had to borrow Hefty Bags from Jax to fake a sellout...................

....don’t forget all the other heartbreaks we have been through yet, here we are!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

My son is about to begin an MBA program at Emory. I’m sure they are better at that than ranking NFL fan bases. Clown show, and I won’t click. Just ignorance. 

He'll be taking statistics. so it's entirely possible that he will be participating in the Emory Fandom Report.

All 3 of this guy’s metrics are measuring fanbase size, not quality. I think I’ve said this every year this BS gets linked here, but magnitude =/= quality or passion. 

The study is actually fine, but this hack gave it a meme title. If the title was “biggest” fanbase, not “best”, there would be no problem. 

Edited by JoPar_v2

26 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

He'll be taking statistics. so it's entirely possible that he will be participating in the Emory Fandom Report.

I sent him the link. He’s on the lookout for the fool. It’s too late for detention, right? 

On 6/24/2019 at 5:52 PM, May Day 10 said:

These are the same flawed "stats" people often use to quantify fan-dom.

They heavily favor large markets and teams who are good/bandwagoners

To me, the best gauge of a fan base is to view how the fans are during the lean years.

Kinda makes it rigged in our favor, given how many lean years we have compared to the rest of the league.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

If the Pats* win “only” 8-9 games, 2/3 of their “fans” disappear. 

We'll never know.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Kinda makes it rigged in our favor, given how many lean years we have compared to the rest of the league.

We'll never know.

Ahhh, the end is nigh.....big picture, baby!  ?

• Like (+1) 1