Micah Hyde PFF breakdown . Highest rated FS since 2017

He was someone who fans in my bar watching Green Bay thought was under utilized.  I was advocating Bills get him as a free agent.

He is a player for who which I wish Ed Reed was still here.  He has the skills Ed Reed had and Reed has the experience to get him to progress faster.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

He was someone who fans in my bar watching Green Bay thought was under utilized.  I was advocating Bills get him as a free agent.

He is a player for who which I wish Ed Reed was still here.  He has the skills Ed Reed had and Reed has the experience to get him to progress faster.

True.  I mean he seems to be progressing fairly quickly as is.  His first 2 years playing the position full time and arguably playing at the highest level in the game

11 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-micah-hyde-is-making-a-name-for-himself

Just a phenomenal article on a phenomenal player breaking down exactly what Hyde has brought as a FS since joining Buffalo. This man is playing as potentially the best in the game

Very very underrated player.  Hyde and Poyer are the best S tandem in the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Very very underrated player.  Hyde and Poyer are the best S tandem in the league.

Was Hyde signed on a 4 year deal ? 

Hope we can keep them both , 

Edited by Putin

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

I need to wait for Ronin’s evaluation on Hyde before I can agree or not. 

Summary of Ronin's Analysis:

He's crap because...

(70+ pages later)...

Film, which I swear I don't cherry pick--I'm above that, you plebians--and it's all McD's fault and should fall on their shoulders, and it's smart to listen to me and get new coaches every two years (so I can be right when the team never builds anything, and point back to my posts about being right).

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On throws of 20-plus yards over that same period (past two years), Hyde has allowed a single reception from nine targets; three of those targets ended in interceptions, another one ended in a dropped interception and another two resulted in pass breakups — if that doesn’t tell you how much of a difference-maker he’s been for the Bills at the top of the defense, nothing will.

Over two years, teams have only tried to throw deep with Hyde in coverage nine times and have one completed one freaking pass. That is nuts. 

What a fantastic free agent signing. 

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So Hyde's performance in 2018 makes him the best free safety since 2017?  Epic!  Just kidding.  It's good to see him get recognized.  It's also nice to see that Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott seem to have a good grip on how to build a team.  

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Am I missing something? Does this “ highest rated safety since 2017” mean the same thing as “ highest rated last year”?

No

His work at free safety alone that year earned a coverage grade of 91.6 — the seventh-best single-season grade ever recorded by a player with at least 300 snaps at free safety.

1. Jairus Byrd (2012) - Bills
  2. Ed Reed (2009) - Ravens
  3. Eddie Jackson (2018) - Bears
  4. Charles Woodson (2015) - Oakland (and his last year)
  5. Devin McCourty (2016) - Satan's team
  6. O.J. Atogwe (2007) - Rams (in St Louis)

are the only safeties who have recorded a better single-season coverage grade at free safety than Hyde did in 2017 — and that list spans 860 players across 13 seasons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1