Do you firework?

2 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

No, illegal in NYS, dangerous, plus the chemical debris is bad for water

They sell them on every corner and in every supermarket.  Not illegal at all.

We do the quiet ones.  Dog across the street has serious anxiety from loud noises.  Unfortunately, multiple redneck neighbors don't have the same consideration.

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, I love lighting off fireworks.  If you’re not a ###### about doing it, you’ll be fine.

Of course, approximately 98.4% of those lighting off fireworks are complete and total ######.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

They sell them on every corner and in every supermarket.  Not illegal at all.

We do the quiet ones.  Dog across the street has serious anxiety from loud noises.  Unfortunately, multiple redneck neighbors don't have the same consideration.

I buy a small assortment from the "containers" at local grocery / retail parking lots, or go into SAMS and buy a bundle. (which is basically the same variety)

My border collie had issues with fireworks.  We didn't let that stop me.  It's over in 5 minutes and the dog got extra hugs for it. 

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Of course, approximately 98.4% of those lighting off fireworks are complete and total ######.

Notice the states that permit exploding and aerial fireworks are FOR THE MOST PART "Red States":

The following states permit the sale of all or most types of consumer fireworks to residents: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, and West Virginia.

What New York sells are non-exploding, non-aerial novelties:

"The following states allow the sale and use of non-aerial and non-explosive fireworks (also called "safe and sane") like novelties, fountains and sparklers, etc.: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Maryland, Minnesota, New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Virginia, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia."