Things I Don't Care About in & Around the NFL !!

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

To the point where every other play is a damn commercial break or a penalty? I'm sorry but that kills the momentum and energy of a game and in the end will kill your ratings. Game needs to be sped up.

This^^^ Jim,

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Such a petty thing to say, but I love it. Parker I'm guessing?

Yes.  If I was in NFL office I would probably tell his clients "We'd pay you more but it would just result in more trouble with other players he represents." implying that if he switched agents player could make more money.  Jim Overdorf was very good at playing "roll over, play dead" with him. Fortunately no longer an issue for Bills.

12 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

The NFL has become a prostitute for money. Take the NFL draft for example, they milk every pick for 15 minutes, when I watched the NHL draft the other day it was fun, 1 minute per pick, it was smooth. Look at the commercials too, how long can they possibly spread out each game? Pure greed and filth. Hockey is quickly becoming my favorite sport, non stop action, very few interruptions and penalties. The NFL is dying I'm afraid. The game needs to get cleaned up. The tempo and intensity needs to be increased. Too slow.

It's a business.  The main goal is to maximize profit.  About 2/3rds of their revenue comes from tv contracts.  You can hate the draft process/coverage but it was the highest rated draft of all time.  You can hate the new player safety rules but it's needed to avoid future lawsuits.  You can hate the rules that help the passing game but the passing game draws in more viewers.  You can hate the expanding reviewable plays along with the delays that come with it but fans would rather wait to make sure they got the call right (ask Saints fans).  NFL ratings are so high that the Hall of Fame game (a preseason game) regularly beats the ratings of Stanley Cup finals games.  The NFL will continue its aggressive strategy of expanding its audience (they'd love the Bills to move to London) until it loses its base and they lose money.

On 6/24/2019 at 12:14 PM, T master said:

Public service announcement !! Due to the intermission in the season is the reason for this post !! 

Lets start out by saying there are a lot of things to care about in & around the NFL like how the new pass interference rule might change some calls this year & the discussions about the new CBA coming up & how that could cause a hold out by the players because of how much they think they should make to play a game .

Then there are things & players in & around the NFL that i just don't care to talk, read or here about & here are a few for me & feel free to write down those things that you could care less about !! 

I don't give a Rats A** about what Roger Goodell or Jerry Jones thinks about the Bills needing a brand new $1.6 BILLION stadium to stay relevant or competitive in the NFL !!

I don't care if i ever here another word about A.B. , Levon Bell , Richard Sherman or OBJ I have no need for a prima donna's insight on football !! 

I don't care what Jerry Jones thinks about most anything in or around the NFL !!

And last but not least I don't care what the national media & the rest of the NFL thinks about our Buffalo Bills they will always be #1 in my book !! GO BILLS !! 

What this boils down to is, I dont care about the NFL outside of the Bills AT ALL. I dont watch other games, I dont follow other teams. I listen to talk about the Falcons here in Atlanta on sports radio, but I dont care what happens to the team one bit. I dont play stupid Fantasy Football. I dont care if people think the NFL is dying or not.

I've always said, if the Bills left Buffalo I'd be able to stop watching the NFL completely, and would just watch College Football. College is my main source of football as it is. I LOVE being able to watch 10 games from noon until 2am on a Saturday (my wife hates it but thats a different story, I like having the option/ability).

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Wasn't sure where to put this but I will put it here in one of these "there are things that suck about the NFL" threads. 

Because normally you get a "The London games suck... the NFL isn't even that popular over there boooooo, hisssssss, suuuuuccckkkk."

The two games at the new Spurs stadium went on sale yesterday. I tried to get tickets for the Panthers and Buccs on our bye week. I was in the virtual queue as soon as they went on sale at 10am. They sold out in 7 minutes. I didn't get any. 

Sky viewing figures were up again last year. It was never going to be a quick win getting the NFL over to the people of the UK. But the league's strategy is working. 

On 6/24/2019 at 2:08 PM, Limeaid said:

They aren't.  They are allowed to cut players and it is why most players get signing bonuses. Many want to be cut so they can get another and will dog it if their agent tells them if they are cut they will be resigned.

There are actually agents, one of the was a Bills player's agent but fortunately he is in hell now, was refusing to negotiate on one client's contract until another player as traded or given a new contract. That is agent using interest of one over interest of another player he represents.

And during that time Byrd was subject fully to the terms of the agreement. 

To suggest that fortunately a guy is in hell because he hard bargained a contract (and in an accusation not shown to be true to my knowledge) for a player in a game is a bit much 

On 6/24/2019 at 1:48 PM, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

News media people that think the rest of the country wants to continuously hear about the Giants, Jets, and Cowboys.  

You can throw in the Steelers, Pats and any team with a franchise QB. To be fair, these ARE the teams that the average fan wants to hear about. There are so many bandwagon fans that most people root for these teams. Whether they're actually fans of the team can be debated. If a small market team like Buffalo wants national exposure, Josh Allen will have to become one of the franchise guys. Personally, I'm not sure why people care so much about national exposure. I'm much more concerned with the Bills winning, and that would go hand in hand with Allen becoming a household name. A win/win situation because the national exposure crowd can get the meaningless accolades and the "winning" crowd can see the Bills....actually win.