Things I Don't Care About in & Around the NFL !!

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

The NFL has become a prostitute for money. Take the NFL draft for example, they milk every pick for 15 minutes, when I watched the NHL draft the other day it was fun, 1 minute per pick, it was smooth. Look at the commercials too, how long can they possibly spread out each game? Pure greed and filth. Hockey is quickly becoming my favorite sport, non stop action, very few interruptions and penalties. The NFL is dying I'm afraid. The game needs to get cleaned up. The tempo and intensity needs to be increased. Too slow.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

To the point where every other play is a damn commercial break or a penalty? I'm sorry but that kills the momentum and energy of a game and in the end will kill your ratings. Game needs to be sped up.

You are confused.  The network is the entity that is drawing out programs like the draft so they can generate ad revenue. 

The NHL draft was quick because the company that broadcasted it knew no one would be watching--hence it was relegated to the woeful MSNBC.  Compare that to the 2018 NFL draft, which was covered by ESPN, Fox and NFLN.  Disney said, in January, that they had sold out ALL ad space for the 2019 NFL  draft. 

Also, maybe it hasn't occurred to you that all those ads allow you to watch multiple free NFL games a week with just your HD antenna.  You can't do that with the NHL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You are confused.  The network is the entity that is drawing out programs like the draft so they can generate ad revenue. 

The NHL draft was quick because the company that broadcasted it knew no one would be watching--hence it was relegated to the woeful MSNBC.  Compare that to the 2018 NFL draft, which was covered by ESPN, Fox and NFLN.  Disney said, in January, that they had sold out ALL ad space for the 2019 NFL  draft. 

Also, maybe it hasn't occurred to you that all those ads allow you to watch multiple free NFL games a week with just your HD antenna.  You can't do that with the NHL.

We are always on the same page when the "bwaaaaahhhhh the NFL is dying!!!" nonsense comes up WEO. 

Thanks for getting in first. Saves me a job. 

let me get this straight, we use instant replay to measure certain minute aspects of the game and then other times we have a 70 year old ref eyeing the runner from 20 yards away and spotting the ball as he walks a crooked like to the center of the field. And then we take out some poles and chains and MEASURE that man's spot? sounds efficient.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nucci said:

are you ok with owners breaching the same legally binding contracts?

They aren't.  They are allowed to cut players and it is why most players get signing bonuses. Many want to be cut so they can get another and will dog it if their agent tells them if they are cut they will be resigned.

There are actually agents, one of the was a Bills player's agent but fortunately he is in hell now, was refusing to negotiate on one client's contract until another player as traded or given a new contract. That is agent using interest of one over interest of another player he represents.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

They aren't.  They are allowed to cut players and it is why most players get signing bonuses. Many want to be cut so they can get another and will dog it if their agent tells them if they are cut they will be resigned.

There are actually agents, one of the was a Bills player's agent but fortunately he is in hell now, was refusing to negotiate on one client's contract until another player as traded or given a new contract. That is agent using interest of one over interest of another player he represents.

So my 5 year contract is not binding? I can't holdout but I can be released? I have to honor it but they don't

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

So my 5 year contract is not binding? I can't holdout but I can be released? I have to honor it but they don't

Huh?  Of course your contract is binding.  All terms and conditions apply.

46 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Such a petty thing to say, but I love it. Parker I'm guessing?

Why did i open this thread, i don't care about any of this. I also don't care about any of that or the other thing.

I did care for a few minutes about McVay's vacation photo.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We are always on the same page when the "bwaaaaahhhhh the NFL is dying!!!" nonsense comes up WEO. 

Thanks for getting in first. Saves me a job. 

We should all die as well as the NFL does...

Cheers!

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

To the point where every other play is a damn commercial break or a penalty? I'm sorry but that kills the momentum and energy of a game and in the end will kill your ratings. Game needs to be sped up.

...not sure if it is still the norm, but the old standard was for every 60 minutes of television, 41 minutes is programming and 19 minutes is commercials.........

4 hours ago, T master said:

Public service announcement !! Due to the intermission in the season is the reason for this post !! 

Lets start out by saying there are a lot of things to care about in & around the NFL like how the new pass interference rule might change some calls this year & the discussions about the new CBA coming up & how that could cause a hold out by the players because of how much they think they should make to play a game .

Then there are things & players in & around the NFL that i just don't care to talk, read or here about & here are a few for me & feel free to write down those things that you could care less about !! 

I don't give a Rats A** about what Roger Goodell or Jerry Jones thinks about the Bills needing a brand new $1.6 BILLION stadium to stay relevant or competitive in the NFL !!

I don't care if i ever here another word about A.B. , Levon Bell , Richard Sherman or OBJ I have no need for a prima donna's insight on football !! 

I don't care what Jerry Jones thinks about most anything in or around the NFL !!

And last but not least I don't care what the national media & the rest of the NFL thinks about our Buffalo Bills they will always be #1 in my book !! GO BILLS !! 

How do you feel about having 53 men on a roster but less aloud ti dress on Sunday? Because I am distraught about that!

2 hours ago, nucci said:

The 90 man to 53 man roster has a lot to do with this.  37 guys in camp don't make the team - you can't pay 37 guys to not play, it would take money away from the guys that do.  There is no minor league affiliate where you can pay a player under his NFL wage like you can in the NHL and MLB.  NHL has juniors, so you can have a guy come to camp and then send him back to play down there and maintain team control.  They also have fully guaranteed contracts so holdouts are rare since if you get hurt, you get paid the entirety of your contract.  MLB has the player options and team options - but if you get DFA'd you still get the remaining salary on your deal.  Both have restricted free agency or arbitration years - and players hit UFA roughly in their prime.

NBA is just absurd since 82 games, solid TV deal, and 12 guys per team - half on rookie deals - the other half either overpaid or underpaid based on contributions.  The tax is confusing, and it seems like every deal has opt-outs every year.

Edited by dneveu