Derrius Guice’s Little Cousin Fighting For His Life : UPDATE : Declared Dead

On 6/24/2019 at 9:27 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Very very sad. Ridiculously sad. 

And per usual in the wake of these totally preventable absurdity’s there are boatloads of ‘thoughts and prayers’ because it’s your god given right or at lest constitutional right to leave a loaded 38 on top of your dresser for ‘protection’... therefore it must be gods will this 3 year old shot himself in the face. 

Sorry - this makes zero sense to me. 

Not sure what religion and God has to do with someone being negligent and leaving a loaded gun for a child to find. You are not making sense.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Not sure what religion and God has to do with someone being negligent and leaving a loaded gun for a child to find. You are not making sense.

I’m really not sure either, but yet ‘thoughts and prayers’ seem to be the only thing that comes out of these things in droves.. and that makes absolutely no sense.

It will go down as the most useless, empty, inconsequential, self placating phrase in history. 

Its what what people say when they don’t know what to say but sure don’t plan on doing anything 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m really not sure either, but yet ‘thoughts and prayers’ seem to be the only thing that comes out of these things in droves.. and that makes absolutely no sense.

It will go down as the most useless, empty, inconsequential, self placating phrase in history. 

Its what what people say when they don’t know what to say but sure don’t plan on doing anything 

This is a sad story of parents who got their child killed because they were stupid. Nothing to be done, nothing to be said.

People saying "thoughts and prayers" is no different from people saying "I feel bad for them" or "that's so sad" or countless other inconsequential forum comments.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, MJS said:

This is a sad story of parents who got their child killed because they were stupid. Nothing to be done, nothing to be said.

People saying "thoughts and prayers" is no different from people saying "I feel bad for them" or "that's so sad" or countless other inconsequential forum comments.

I was actually referring to the tweets and comments in the article and connected to it... not this forum.

but I agree with most of what you say here.

Everyone can do something though. Even if it’s just telling someone you know with guns and kids this story. Or telling your kids or nephews and nieces this story.

can always do something. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I was actually referring to the tweets and comments in the article and connected to it... not this forum.

but I agree with most of what you say here.

Everyone can do something though. Even if it’s just telling someone you know with guns and kids this story. Or telling your kids or nephews and nieces this story.

can always do something. 

I can understand your way of thinking but the religious aspect of it differs in every culture and religion. As a born Muslim myself, I can tell you that we pray for almost everything. We pray 5 times a day as an obligation but voluntary prayers can be for ANYTHING. It can be for example, if you want something from Allah (whether it be material or spiritual), you can pray when a baby is born or you can pray when somebody dies (for their soul to be at ease) since most religions believe that once you die on Earth, it isn’t “the end”...

I believe that’s why most people say “thoughts and prayers”... But hopefully they’re actually thinking and praying instead of typing and typing...

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I can understand your way of thinking but the religious aspect of it differs in every culture and religion. As a born Muslim myself, I can tell you that we pray for almost everything. We pray 5 times a day as an obligation but voluntary prayers can be for ANYTHING. It can be for example, if you want something from Allah (whether it be material or spiritual), you can pray when a baby is born or you can pray when somebody dies (for their soul to be at ease) since most religions believe that once you die on Earth, it isn’t “the end”...

I believe that’s why most people say “thoughts and prayers”... But hopefully they’re actually thinking and praying instead of typing and typing...

My 1st impression of the thread If I'm being honest OP was why are you posting this here on TSW. Its not really football related and a cousin from another NFL teams player is a stretch. As I watched the replies come in and the discussion that developed the reason why dawned on me. The NFL is one of the biggest platforms in the world.  Through thoughts and prayers perhaps a TBD member will say to himself, you know what, I can be a little safer with my firearms. Making sure my gun cabinet is locked. My ammunition is kept seperate from the guns. I'll make my home a safer place to live.

Through thoughts and prayers a child will be saved.

Thanks OP for posting.

Edited by Figster

2 hours ago, Figster said:

My 1st impression of the thread If I'm being honest OP was why are you posting this here on TSW. Its not really football related and a cousin from another NFL teams player is a stretch. As I watched the replies come in and the discussion that developed the reason why dawned on me. The NFL is one of the biggest platforms in the world.  Through thoughts and prayers perhaps a TBD member will say to himself, you know what, I can be a little safer with my firearms. Making sure my gun cabinet is locked. My ammunition is kept seperate from the guns. I'll make my home a safer place to live.

Through thoughts and prayers a child will be saved.

Thanks OP for posting.

Initially I thought it was Derrius’ son and few minutes later found out it was his cousin but I didn’t believe this topic belonged on off topic because in a way it involved an NFL player... May not have been a Bills player but an NFL nonetheless... 

Plus I don’t post much and am DEFINITELY not one to start a topic... I work too much to keep updating the thread like some O.G.s in here and also I am technologically challenged lol... But the story hit my heart as I have a 5 month old son and I couldn’t imagine how I would feel if he God Forbid passed away... 

My initial post was to pray for the little boy because to my knowledge at the time, he was still fighting for his life and doctors were going to run one last brain test before they pulled the plug... But unfortunately the little boy had passed away already at the time of me writing the thread... 

Also I agree with what you said about this thread hopefully reminding even 1 person who might be careless with their firearm in the house to store it better... 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Initially I thought it was Derrius’ son and few minutes later found out it was his cousin but I didn’t believe this topic belonged on off topic because in a way it involved an NFL player... May not have been a Bills player but an NFL nonetheless... 

Plus I don’t post much and am DEFINITELY not one to start a topic... I work too much to keep updating the thread like some O.G.s in here and also I am technologically challenged lol... But the story hit my heart as I have a 5 month old son and I couldn’t imagine how I would feel if he God Forbid passed away... 

My initial post was to pray for the little boy because to my knowledge at the time, he was still fighting for his life and doctors were going to run one last brain test before they pulled the plug... But unfortunately the little boy had passed away already at the time of me writing the thread... 

Also I agree with what you said about this thread hopefully reminding even 1 person who might be careless with their firearm in the house to store it better... 

I understand,

Its football news worthy regardless, and who am I to judge.

Mods / admin do a good job deciding what stays and what goes on TSW in my humble opinion.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like (+1) 1