Derrius Guice’s Little Cousin Fighting For His Life : UPDATE : Declared Dead

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/derrius-guices-little-boy-is-in-a-fight-for-his-life--prayforradyn/84099490/

Damn man... I’m not good at posting messages with the photos and everything but I just wanted to get this out there so a few more prayers can be said... If anybody can post better please do...

I thought they were running brain tests on the lil boy tonight but apparently it was last night at 11... The kid didn't make it unfortunately...

I'm a father of a 16 year old girl and a 5 month old boy... This really got to me man...

??????

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

3 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

It’s legit man... check his Twitter my stupid autocorrect spelled Guice as juice now idk how to edit it

Just checked it out. Terrible. Also shocked it hasn’t shown up on any other news outlet. As a minor correction, it looks like it was his cousin, not son. Unless he adopted his cousin. 

Edited by Bills2ref

• HuSeYiN_NYC changed the title to Derrius Guice’s Little Boy Fighting For His Life
6 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Just checked it out. Terrible. Also shocked it hasn’t shown up on any other news outlet. As a minor correction, it looks like it was his cousin, not son. Unless he adopted his cousin. 

You might be right... I was going off of him calling him “my lil man” but that could be said about his cousin also... I just assumed it was his son and many others assuming that also... either way though... prayers up

Derrius posted 15 minutes ago as if Radyn is gone... I’m confused now...

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

• HuSeYiN_NYC changed the title to Derrius Guice’s Little Boy Fighting For His Life : UPDATE : Declared Dead
10 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

You might be right... I was going off of him calling him “my lil man” but that could be said about his cousin also... I just assumed it was his son and many others assuming that also... either way though... prayers up

Derrius posted 15 minutes ago as if Radyn is gone... I’m confused now...

From his latest post (the one you were referencing) it does indeed look like they have pulled life support on his cousin Radyn. 

• Sad 1

So what actually happened? A gunshot wound to the head? Did they have a loaded gun sitting around and he found it?

Not trying to jump to conclusions. Just wondering if there is more information out there.

• Like (+1) 1

Sounds like the little boy may have shot himself. I just heard a story earlier today if this happening to a freaking two year old. Hard way for a parent to learn a lesson on gun safety. Sorry but simply inexcusable for a child that small to be able to access a gun. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Sounds like the little boy may have shot himself. I just heard a story earlier today if this happening to a freaking two year old. Hard way for a parent to learn a lesson on gun safety. Sorry but simply inexcusable for a child that small to be able to access a gun. 

If that's the case that is negligence of the highest degree.

• Like (+1) 1

Here's a more complete article.  Keep your guns locked in a safe people.

3-year-old cousin of NFL athlete dies after accidental shooting at Katy home

The 3-year-old cousin to a Washington pro football player died Sunday after accidentally shooting himself in the head at a home in Katy, authorities said.

The child, Radyn Terrell, found the gun in a bedroom at his family's home in the 28200 block of South Firethorne Road and shot himself, police said. He was airlifted to a nearby hospital and died around 4 p.m. Sunday, according to Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Major Chad Norvell.

Norvell identified the child as a relative to Derrius Guice, a Louisiana native who in 2018 joined the NFL team as a running back.

Guice said in a tweet Sunday that his “little cousin” was brain dead.

My little man fought so hard," Guice said in a written statement. "I wish I could take your place and be the one and not you. You will be missed buddy!"

The child found the .38-calber pistol in the bedroom and shot himself in the head, Norvell said.

“The father said it was on a chest of drawers, five feet up or so,” Norvell said. “He got the gun and like boys do, they’re curious, he shot himself in the eye.”

The child’s father was home at the time of the shooting and he frantically carried the boy outside “trying to stop vehicles,” the spokesman continued. First responders arrived soon after a 911 call and the boy was flown to a hospital.

The child’s fatal injuries were reported to CPS and the Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office is reviewing the death for possible charges, Norvell said.

“As a parent, I know there would be no words one could say to console me after the loss of a child,” Sheriff Troy Nehls tweeted later on Sunday. “Friends and family can only embrace them and be there for them as they work through the healing. My prayers are with the family.”

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

That is so sad. I’m all for the right to bare arms but this is totally unavoidable. 

Might want to go back and edit this post.

This is a problem with the right to bare arms. Everyone, including the many who should not have access to firearms, has access to them. I understand your laws, but they really should be made stricter via a more reasonable degree of education (2 day course) prior to obtaining a simple license. Handing out guns to all results in situations that are completely avoidable like this. The father should have his ability to carry a firearm revoked as part of his punishment.Regardless, a young boy lost his life and that is truly a terrible thing.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

What do people expect to happen when they leave a loaded gun around a house with children (presumably with no safety on)? So incredibly stupid.

You don't even need a gun safe. There's a million ways to keep them safely locked away.

This was not a "tragic accident". This was stupidity at work.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Might want to go back and edit this post.

This is a problem with the right to bare arms. Everyone, including the many who should not have access to firearms, has access to them. I understand your laws, but they really should be made stricter via a more reasonable degree of education (2 day course) prior to obtaining a simple license. Handing out guns to all results in situations that are completely avoidable like this. The father should have his ability to carry a firearm revoked as part of his punishment.Regardless, a young boy lost his life and that is truly a terrible thing.

I 100% agree that there needs to be better gun laws, close all the loop holes, prevent people with mental, criminal, or terrorist watch list implications from purchasing legally etc etc.

HOWEVER:  Those gun laws would not have made a difference in an accident like this.  Stricter laws to purchase do not affect home safety handling of the same fire arms.  As heavy a heart I have for a father who has to live with this grieving, at the end of the day the firearm should not have been in a place where a 3 year old could reach it or access it.  And further more it should have been in a locked gun case or safe, and it also should not have been loaded.  

There is a big difference in gun safety and gun accessibility.  Laws are not going to affect how a person at home stores his weapon, at some points laws become mute and the individual becomes responsible for safely owning said weapon.  

This is a tragic story, and I do not want to condemn the father, this was truly an accident and one that is going to haunt and torment him for his whole life.  But there is a clear lesson here in safety that hopefully makes others realize what they need to do in their homes so another life isn't tragically injured or taken like this.  

Sad story indeed.

• Thank you (+1) 3