Cam Newton offers dude $1500 to change seats on plane, guy says no lol

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

All things being equal, if the guy was friendly and nice, and 6'4" and could use the leg room, I'd prob just give him the seat.  That assumes I wasnt flying with family and/or his seat wasn't next to a couple big ole chunkers splitting a tuna sandwich and eating Ice Blue Doritos.  

The $1500 would be sweet though. 

You're a decent person. I give up my seat all the time.

I hate flying so I'm never comfortable anyways.

Half the people responding want to bring Cam down a level and have him sit in the back of the bus for whatever reason.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Nester said:

He missed his flight so they rebooked him in the next available flight which was coach.

I would have given him my seat for a selfie and a twitter shout out to the Bills!

And......he took the flight and the seat. I don’t want you negotiating anything for me! I tend to be a bit claustrophobic, so it matters more for me than most.  

If he missed his flight, that’s not MY problem. Not into selfies or twitter. Cash? Maybe. But more than what was offered for a 10 hour flight. If I had Cam’s cash, I might have kept doubling until he accepted. Maybe it’s a good sign that Cam isn’t a moron to make it rain for a seat up front. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NoSaint said:

It looks like he was just asking to move to the front row of the coach section 

I’d have taken that $1500 gladly and moved. Hate exit row anyway lol I mean, Id have booked that seat if it’s all that was available aside from middle seats but that’s about it. I wouldn’t pay $25 extra to sit there, so I’d take $1500 gladly. 

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

1) Frequent fliers refer to coach seating as "the back of the bus".

I am in Singapore right now on a business trip and a have a Gold card on 2 airlines and I have never referred to it like that.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr Info said:

I am in Singapore right now on a business trip and a have a Gold card on 2 airlines and I have never referred to it like that.

Gold card means you are at bottom level 2 of the 1200 levels of exclusivity, climb the ladder Monty....

51 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Gold card means you are at bottom level 2 of the 1200 levels of exclusivity, climb the ladder Monty....

But...but...I have 2 gold cards & 1 should be platinum soon so I am trodding up Jacob’s ladder.

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

But...but...I have 2 gold cards & 1 should be platinum soon so I am trodding up Jacob’s ladder.

there's always that next door you can't get through.... 

i read some article, i hope it was a joke about a full-time flyer for business and his sadness to find another level to reach, which meant there were 200 still to go for more perks.

Frasier and Niles tried this at a club and found one door that led to the alleyway and their dismissal from the club...

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m surprised he doesn’t do execujet or other. For international flights with multiple people I bet it makes even more sense. 

he does use netjets after gamedays to get out of town.  he doesn't like to party in charlotte so he has a regular private flight every sunday night when there is no practice monday. usually down to atlanta 

Why is Cam booking flights in economy? I'd totally pay the extra to get in 1st class if I was making the kind of money he is. I'm 6'3" and it is cramped for me on planes. Must be tough to fly at his size unless he's in 1st class.

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why is Cam booking flights in economy? I'd totally pay the extra to get in 1st class if I was making the kind of money he is. I'm 6'3" and it is cramped for me on planes. Must be tough to fly at his size unless he's in 1st class.

yes, you can just hop on a plane in 3 seconds at your whim....  ?

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Right- it’s even justifiable.

The Guy is a pro athlete.

His body is his Livelihood.

His pnw is @$50mm.

It was an international flight guessing 6-8 hours at least.

Significant Time zone change is  involved.

he probably have at least 20 pairs of shoes that cost more than a private flight there and back. 

I read the article and the writer is an idiot. He claims that a quick google search shows that a ticket from Paris to Charlotte NC for less than 2K. Yeah for a coach seat! He offered a first class flier $1500 for a seat that costs more than 10K per my google search on air france. For a $1500 off to switch seats with him to a coach seat, I'd tell Cam to go F himself. His offer should have been 15K at least, but I doubt he carries that kind of cash and if he does he's an idiot to.

• Like (+1) 1

Cam Newton has long legs!!! WOW this is an amazing story. Joe Blow really shows Cam by NOT TAKING HIS MONEY!!!!!!  I am gob smacked!  i'm sooooo glad I logged on to the Internet today or I would have missed out on the biggest sports story of the weekend. When does training camp start again? Y'all are losing it 

So was he sitting in coach or first class?

Who cares what anyone paid for the ticket, it's $1500 to switch seats. If they paid $1500 for the ticket they are now flying for free (less they are making money, more then they are getting a discounted flight). Even better if it's for business and the company paid for it or it is being expensed.

I would switch seats with someone if they offered me $1500 to do so, unless there was more than a $1,500 difference between what I paid for my seat and where I would have to go sit.

As for the 'back of the bus' comment, it might be a touchy comment to make when referring to someone of colour.......

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So was he sitting in coach or first class?

Who cares what anyone paid for the ticket, it's $1500 to switch seats. If they paid $1500 for the ticket they are now flying for free (less they are making money, more then they are getting a discounted flight). Even better if it's for business and the company paid for it or it is being expensed.

I would switch seats with someone if they offered me $1500 to do so, unless there was more than a $1,500 difference between what I paid for my seat and where I would have to go sit.

As for the 'back of the bus' comment, it might be a touchy comment to make when referring to someone of colour.......

I watched the video for curiosity's sake. Both Cam and the other passenger were sitting in the same area. Not first class.

The other passenger just had the front seat behind the wall, which always has extra leg room. 

So, they likely paid a similar amount for their seats. The other passenger probably would have profited. But, money isn't everything. 

Looks like there are other seats in that row, too. Did everyone turn down Cam? Why would he only ask one guy?

Back of the bus comment was really dumb. ?