Cam Newton offers dude $1500 to change seats on plane, guy says no lol

9 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

i'd have given him the seat and told him to keep his money....i don't get the uproar of someone asking a favor and someone else just doing it...perhaps it's just me

7 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I'm with you, Pooj.

I would have asked for a beer and called it even.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

I would have asked for a beer and called it even.

I wouldn't ask for it, but I'd kind of expect it. Maybe more than one.

• Haha (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

i'd have given him the seat and told him to keep his money....i don't get the uproar of someone asking a favor and someone else just doing it...perhaps it's just me

I would have given him the seat too...but also took the money ;) 

I would NOT have taken say $50 from say a pregnant woman, an elderly person, or say a parent who couldn't get a seat near their child and wanted to swap to sit next to them, etc...I would have done that for free and have before.  But a super rich star offers me $1500 to be less comfortable (I am 6'4" myself), then yeah I will take the money and give him the seat.    

But nothing wrong with him offering, I mean if you can afford it all good to make the offer.  And nothing wrong with the guy turning it down...although I would have taken the money in a heart beat as the other seat isnt that bad. 

PS:  I might have even said:  "Throw in that hat too and you got a deal" as I like those hats, but hard to find one that fits well, so assuming given our similar sizes his would probably fit nicely :)

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 6/24/2019 at 8:37 AM, row_33 said:

yes, you can just hop on a plane in 3 seconds at your whim....  ?

I guess it isn't possible to plan ahead and reserve seats ahead of time (like everyone else on the planet).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

I guess it isn't possible to plan ahead and reserve seats ahead of time (like everyone else on the planet).

He did, but he missed his booked first class flight.  It happens.  So he grabbed what was next available, so clearly the flight was fairly booked up and didn't have a choice if we was going to get out on the next available flight.  So he tried to improvise, and can't blame him for making an a generous offer...if I had his kind of money, I would do the same thing, nothing wrong with offering someone $1500 for a simple seat swap.  Not like Cam was rude about it, he smiled and walked to his seat when turned down.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He did, but he missed his booked first class flight.  It happens.  So he grabbed what was next available, so clearly the flight was fairly booked up and didn't have a choice if we was going to get out on the next available flight.  So he tried to improvise, and can't blame him for making an a generous offer...if I had his kind of money, I would do the same thing, nothing wrong with offering someone $1500 for a simple seat swap.  Not like Cam was rude about it, he smiled and walked to his seat when turned down.  

I don't think he was being rude either.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't think he was being rude either.

Oh yeah, I know, and wasn't saying you were and didn't mean my comment to imply I thought you were.  I was more of a general comment on how some seem to kind of reacted to the story.  

52 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Still trolling, I see.

You say "he could have just booked a better seat on another flight".  Do you know what flights had 1st class seats available that day? Do you keep his schedule? Perhaps he had something to do stateside he really didn't want to cancel. Unlike a troll, I don't pretend to have all of someones information available to me.

You say "He knew what seat he was getting when he got that ticket." He may, or may not, have known how little leg room that particular seat had, as I'm not sure the last time Cam flew coach, and on that particular aircraft. Apparently you have all that knowledge, because you feel comfortable criticizing his actions. Typical troll BS.

He simply asked someone to change seats with him. I don't fly a lot, these days, but even now I see someone ask to switch seats about half the time I fly. Maybe we should all criticize everyone who asks someone to trade. At least Cam offered real compensation for the privilege. 

Forgetting the stupidity of trying to read someone's mind and assign dubious motivations for their actions. let's just look at what took place: A guy was late for his flight with a reserved 1st class seat. He took another flight, no 1st class seat was available. He asked someone in a seat with more legroom to switch, even offering $1,500 in compensation. the man refused to switch and the unfortunate passenger went back to his seat, which he sat in for the trip.  Until you introduce the man as Cam Newton, there's really nothing to see here. And my contention is there's still nothing to see. Only someone with a personal reason to disparage Cam, or just some loser who can't resist posting nonsense simply for a reaction, would bother to cast aspersions on Cams intentions or behavior. 

Wow. 

Anyway....he could have booked a different coach seat with more legroom on another flight---that would been very simple to do. 

Since you concede that you don't do a lot of flying "these days", it will surprise you to learn that you can select from a multitude of flights and, get this, you can actually see all the seats available and pick the seat that best suits you!  Window.  Aisle. "Even more leg room"....the choice is yoursMultiple flights per day, some direct, some with one stop: Paris to CLT.

No, I don't have his schedule for that day.  Obviously, neither did he.  He missed his flight.  So, instead of doing what most people (or at least most very tall people who just lost their 1st class ride "stateside') would do--which is look for another suitable seat on another plane that day--he chose otherwise.  I certainly don't know exactly what is in Newton's mind, but what seems obvious is that what was rolling around in that big empty space like a tiny bean in a large maraca was the thought that anyone will accommodate his poor choices if he just offers them some money.

And believe me...no one is trolling you.

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow. 

Anyway....he could have booked a different coach seat with more legroom on another flight---that would been very simple to do. 

Since you concede that you don't do a lot of flying "these days", it will surprise you to learn that you can select from a multitude of flights and, get this, you can actually see all the seats available and pick the seat that best suits you!  Window.  Aisle. "Even more leg room"....the choice is yoursMultiple flights per day, some direct, some with one stop: Paris to CLT.

No, I don't have his schedule for that day.  Obviously, neither did he.  He missed his flight.  So, instead of doing what most people (or at least most very tall people who just lost their 1st class ride "stateside') would do--which is look for another suitable seat on another plane that day--he chose otherwise.  I certainly don't know exactly what is in Newton's mind, but what seems obvious is that what was rolling around in that big empty space like a tiny bean in a large maraca was the thought that anyone will accommodate his poor choices if he just offers them some money.

And believe me...no one is trolling you.

I'm very familiar with choosing your seat online. Last month I had to take a last minute flight for a friend's funeral. There were only a few seats left on any flight I could find for the timeframe I was looking for.  NONE of them were "more legroom" seats. Fortunately I have short legs and didn't need it.  And to say he didn't have a schedule for the day because he was late, is completely moronic. You never had circumstances make you late for something" Well congrats, but that's simply not the real world. 

Once again, you've opined on a topic with which you have no knowledge. Now you're double-talk your way through it.  Just man up when you are wrong. But I know that's beneath you.

Not to get too political, but it's cases like this that indicate to me at least that "privilege" has way more to do with money than race.  Here we have a rich 1 percenter man who wants a better seat so he uses his "privilege" to go around all the web sites and lines etc to get a better seat.  

The Jussie Smallet case where the first lady's chief of staff calls the DA and says Jussie is a good guy so he gets off as opposed to what happens to others that don't have powerful friends or money.

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

I'm very familiar with choosing your seat online. Last month I had to take a last minute flight for a friend's funeral. There were only a few seats left on any flight I could find for the timeframe I was looking for.  NONE of them were "more legroom" seats. Fortunately I have short legs and didn't need it.  And to say he didn't have a schedule for the day because he was late, is completely moronic. You never had circumstances make you late for something" Well congrats, but that's simply not the real world. 

Once again, you've opined on a topic with which you have no knowledge. Now you're double-talk your way through it.  Just man up when you are wrong. But I know that's beneath you.

Whew....good thing I didn't say that then.  I said I didn't have his schedule and it was obvious to me he didn't have his schedule either, because it would have read something like this:

"Wake up, eat breakfast, pack.  Get to the airport at least 2 hrs before your flight leaves (the direct flight to CLT departs at 1 PM)".   

Maybe you imagine an NFL QB a million other events in Paris crammed into his Outlook very early on that day of his  departure.  I'm comfortable guessing that he probably didn't.

Anyway,  this guy has been a spoiled child (or worse) his entire adult life.  This has been copiously documented.   He was raised to believe that others without his physical gift aren't people who he should have to deal with (except those that enable him in sports, etc), so for him to roll up late to board his scheduled flight and to just take any seat assuming he could just FAN some dude with a handful of $100 bills to make himself comfortable is all part of his nature.

His stunned expression at rejection from a normal (non-sycophant) adult said it all...

No double talk there....

Edited by Mr. WEO

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Whew....good thing I didn't say that then.  I said I didn't have his schedule and it was obvious to me he didn't have his schedule either, because it would have read something like this:

"Wake up, eat breakfast, pack.  Get to the airport at least 2 hrs before your flight leaves (the direct flight to CLT departs at 1 PM)".   

Maybe you imagine an NFL QB a million other events in Paris crammed into his Outlook very early on that day of his  departure.  I'm comfortable guessing that he probably didn't.

Anyway,  this guy has been a spoiled child (or worse) his entire adult life.  This has been copiously documented.   He was raised to believe that others without his physical gift aren't people who he should have to deal with (except those that enable him in sports, etc), so for him to roll up late to board his scheduled flight and to just take any seat assuming he could just FAN some dude with a handful of $100 bills to make himself comfortable is all part of his nature.

His stunned expression at rejection from a normal (non-sycophant) adult said it all...

No double talk there....

Man you really are stupid. I'll let your words do the proving for me.