Cam Newton offers dude $1500 to change seats on plane, guy says no lol

2 hours ago, BigPappy said:

I read the article and the writer is an idiot. He claims that a quick google search shows that a ticket from Paris to Charlotte NC for less than 2K. Yeah for a coach seat! He offered a first class flier $1500 for a seat that costs more than 10K per my google search on air france. For a $1500 off to switch seats with him to a coach seat, I'd tell Cam to go F himself. His offer should have been 15K at least, but I doubt he carries that kind of cash and if he does he's an idiot to.

He wasn't asking to switch w/ someone in first class, he was offering 1.5K for a different coach seat with more leg room, either the beginning of a row or an exit.

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

he does use netjets after gamedays to get out of town.  he doesn't like to party in charlotte so he has a regular private flight every sunday night when there is no practice monday. usually down to atlanta 

Aren't we all busting out to Atlanta every Sunday on a private jet, or is it just me and Cam? 

7 hours ago, Mr Info said:

I am in Singapore right now on a business trip and a have a Gold card on 2 airlines and I have never referred to it like that.

Really - wow, seems common.

I have flown International quite a bit for work.  When we had consultants on same flight who had to fly to fly coach while the company flew business.  When I went left to business class they went right to coach and commented on "back of the bus".

As I am 6'6'' myself,  i totally agree with him.   I once went to Japan which was a 14 hr flight- and let me tell you about 3 or 4 hrs in I wouldve drained my bank account for a aisle or exit seat ?

Planes, unless its fist class, are not made for tall people

4 hours ago, Moulds_80 said:

As I am 6'6'' myself,  i totally agree with him.   I once went to Japan which was a 14 hr flight- and let me tell you about 3 or 4 hrs in I wouldve drained my bank account for a aisle or exit seat ?

Planes, unless its fist class, are not made for tall people

Well what is worse is wide people; tall people usual do not bother others unless they are a 6'3" teenager constantly bumping the back of your seat.  I had a guy who basically could not fit in his seat next to me and his meaty arms took both of the arm rests and his shoulder was often bumping me.  I fortunately had aisle seat and spent most of my time on flight standing when fasten seat belts sign was not lit.  I came back to my seat once and he had a "lunch box" size of a small carry on on my seat open. I am sure he was worried about starving on airplane meals.

Edited by Limeaid
typo
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Just Jack said:

If you stuck with one airline, you'd be Elite Diamond Plus by now. 

Very true & I wish I could. I try to stick with one alliance but direct flights are more important to me than accumulating miles.

On 6/23/2019 at 5:15 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'd have turned him down too. I book first class for a reason, Cam needs a better assistant to get him out of the back of the bus (and $1500 is unlikely to have covered that first class seat).  

Me too. the guy probably paid 3-4k for the seat. 1500, a joke. He needed to cough up 5-10k

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone consider perhaps 1,500 is all Cam had on him.

I don't think customs really likes people rolling around with 10k on international flights. He also probably didnt expect to need the 10k considering he missed a flight and didnt plan for this.

Cam made an offer, the guy turned it down. So what.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:28 PM, NoSaint said:

It looks like he was just asking to move to the front row of the coach section 

The down side of that first row of coach is that while you have more hip to knee room, you have almost no knee to foot room.  He should have just suggested that he was the most capable person to sit in the exit row.  Who could have argued?

Hasn't anyone actually stopped to pay attention to what happened here? 

Cam WAS booked on a 1st class seat, but missed his flight. There were no 1st class seats available on the flight he ended up taking.

The passenger approached was NOT in 1st class, but was in the first row of coach.  (Had the guy been in 1st class, he would have already turned down a way to save a lot of money---maybe more than $1,500---when he bought the 1st class ticket. But that was NOT the case.)

I see nothing wrong with Cam asking someone to switch seats and offering a very generous fee to boot. I also see nothing wrong with the other passenger turning him down. My only question is why he didn't do some quick bidding with all the 1st row passengers. I bet someone would have switched for less than $1,500.

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

Hasn't anyone actually stopped to pay attention to what happened here? 

Cam WAS booked on a 1st class seat, but missed his flight. There were no 1st class seats available on the flight he ended up taking.

The passenger approached was NOT in 1st class, but was in the first row of coach.  (Had the guy been in 1st class, he would have already turned down a way to save a lot of money---maybe more than $1,500---when he bought the 1st class ticket. But that was NOT the case.)

I see nothing wrong with Cam asking someone to switch seats and offering a very generous fee to boot. I also see nothing wrong with the other passenger turning him down. My only question is why he didn't do some quick bidding with all the 1st row passengers. I bet someone would have switched for less than $1,500.

Or....he could have just booked a better seat on another flight.  He knew what seat he was getting when he got that ticket.  He just figured he would flash some dough at a star struck civilian in coach and it would all be cool.

It is to laugh...

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

The down side of that first row of coach is that while you have more hip to knee room, you have almost no knee to foot room.  He should have just suggested that he was the most capable person to sit in the exit row.  Who could have argued?

I picture him erratically throwing people out the exit off his back foot 

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Or....he could have just booked a better seat on another flight.  He knew what seat he was getting when he got that ticket.  He just figured he would flash some dough at a star struck civilian in coach and it would all be cool.

It is to laugh...

Still trolling, I see.

You say "he could have just booked a better seat on another flight".  Do you know what flights had 1st class seats available that day? Do you keep his schedule? Perhaps he had something to do stateside he really didn't want to cancel. Unlike a troll, I don't pretend to have all of someones information available to me.

You say "He knew what seat he was getting when he got that ticket." He may, or may not, have known how little leg room that particular seat had, as I'm not sure the last time Cam flew coach, and on that particular aircraft. Apparently you have all that knowledge, because you feel comfortable criticizing his actions. Typical troll BS.

He simply asked someone to change seats with him. I don't fly a lot, these days, but even now I see someone ask to switch seats about half the time I fly. Maybe we should all criticize everyone who asks someone to trade. At least Cam offered real compensation for the privilege. 

Forgetting the stupidity of trying to read someone's mind and assign dubious motivations for their actions. let's just look at what took place: A guy was late for his flight with a reserved 1st class seat. He took another flight, no 1st class seat was available. He asked someone in a seat with more legroom to switch, even offering $1,500 in compensation. the man refused to switch and the unfortunate passenger went back to his seat, which he sat in for the trip.  Until you introduce the man as Cam Newton, there's really nothing to see here. And my contention is there's still nothing to see. Only someone with a personal reason to disparage Cam, or just some loser who can't resist posting nonsense simply for a reaction, would bother to cast aspersions on Cams intentions or behavior. 

1 minute ago, The Poojer said:

i'd have given him the seat and told him to keep his money....i don't get the uproar of someone asking a favor and someone else just doing it...perhaps it's just me

I'm with you, Pooj.

• Like (+1) 1