Cam Newton offers dude $1500 to change seats on plane, guy says no lol

Wow, Cam wanted more leg room and offered some dude $1500 cash to switch seats with him on a 10 hour flight and the guy turned it down.  

I am 6’4” but I would have taken that in a heartbeat. I’ve done longer flights in the standard seat, not that bad.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/watch-cam-newton-offers-stranger-1500-to-swap-seats-on-a-flight-from-paris-was-turned-down-172451409.html

7 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

You would have moved had this first edition copy, signed by the author, been offered up:

image.png.da3faf46fe8fe6f1c413c6a2612e36bc.png

I such a Waterway  LoL...

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

The row_33 foundation for a depraved childhood would accept the $$

Fixed!  LMAO... 

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'd have turned him down too. I book first class for a reason, Cam needs a better assistant to get him out of the back of the bus (and $1500 is unlikely to have covered that first class seat).  

Yup.  Now... 10-20 grand.  Maybe. $1500, LMAO... Who does he think He's insulting?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'd have turned him down too. I book first class for a reason, Cam needs a better assistant to get him out of the back of the bus (and $1500 is unlikely to have covered that first class seat).  

It looks like he was just asking to move to the front row of the coach section 

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I would have said no.  That's like Cam offering $5.  Up the ante baby.

He definitely should have upped the ante, but he probably did it publicly and wanted his name on the seat too. These rich athletes should be more generous. That way they can go broke sooner into retirement. BAH HUMBUG! 

A long flight like that costs a fortune in the first place. He should have made better plans, or paid a higher fraction of what the ticket originally cost. 

(Disclaimer: I’ve not read the article yet) 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

It looks like he was just asking to move to the front row of the coach section 

I still wouldn't have done it.

My charming son is about the same size as Cam (my son is about 10# lighter), and doesn't have anything like Cam's money. My son flies to Europe a lot, and figures out how to book a seat that fits his frame . Cam can get better help (a better assistant) to get him a first class ticket or book a plane-share (you know, the ones that were advertised every 10 minutes during the AAF games). 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

What if he donated the money to a Children's Hospital?

Hardly worth the bother! What self-respecting children’s hospital would even want to do the paperwork for that??? They’re kids, they’ll understand how hard the paperwork is!