Challenge for row 33

33 minutes ago, row_33 said:

For a visit to DC a few years ago I was warned about the traffic, it was less volume than an excellent commute day in Toronto

Avoid the Beltway at all costs - or have a blowup dolly so you can use the HOV lane.

On a different locale, if you’re doin’ 55 on the 128 in Boston, you better be changing a tire.

(We like to drive fast and dangerous.)

Edited by The Senator

40 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah I used it today. I'd kill for that in Philly

Make sure the basis for the murder is robbery.  You’ll need that much extra cash when the 407 bill rolls in...

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Also aware of that

You win on the exchange rate

A 407 transponder costs $30 for a year, might be worth it for US visitors for a vacation.

I’m usually heading Westbound on the 407, it’s worth the $$ to avoid looking at the Ford plant for half an hour on a busy day

Upon hitting the 407 westbound off the southbound 400 years ago, my wife and I hit ‘stop and go’ traffic on a weekday afternoon, which was a rarity.  The dear girl looked at me and said “Well, we’re not paying the bill when we get it!”  Her naïveté was refreshing.  I pointed out they guarantee the road, not how fast you travel on it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Geographically, Toronto is San Fran turned inside out.  SF has hills, Toronto has ravines. And as the weight of the glaciers have left, the land around Toronto is "springing back."

Now wait a minute...

I’ve been to Toronto many times, and I’ve lived on Russian Hill...you’re saying they have a gigantic inverted TransAmerica Pyramid in Toronto?

Edited by The Senator
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Which is a lie?

Toronto is NOT on the Niagara Peninsula. Niagara Peninsula is a subset of the "Golden Horseshoe."

Toronto is hated by almost all of Canada, it could avoid some problems being from Niagara Region....

On 6/23/2019 at 3:57 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Vancouver is L.A. in Canada. So your wrong.

Your wrong what?  Your wrong conclusion?

On 6/23/2019 at 4:14 PM, row_33 said:

i live a block from the Bloor subway line and refuse to drive downtown or anywhere if I can help it.  

Shopping with traveling 4 miles can take 3 hours with the construction and other idiots out there

I can confirm was he says. I have been in Toronto many times and it appears to be getting progressively worse.

On 6/23/2019 at 5:23 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

I always call Toronto a cleaner NYC. ?‍♀️

The panhandlers are.

Last time I was there the panhandler was wearing a suit. 

And rather than trying to clean car with dirty rag he was selling pens which were not badly priced.

On 6/23/2019 at 7:50 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Geographically, Toronto is San Fran turned inside out.  SF has hills, Toronto has ravines. And as the weight of the glaciers have left, the land around Toronto is "springing back."

I have seen a number of people in outfits in SF which would look better inside out.  Probably the people too.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/23/2019 at 1:34 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

And layout. It's a city of cities.

When I come back to the area now it reminds me of a smaller LA area. Sprawling never ending. Each city/town runs into the other. When I was a kid there was actually open area between Burlington/Oakville and Mississagua.  Head north out of Toronto and I think Orangeville was kinda the badlands outer limits of Toronto. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Dante said:

When I come back to the area now it reminds me of a smaller LA area. Sprawling never ending. Each city/town runs into the other. When I was a kid there was actually open area between Burlington/Oakville and Mississagua.  Head north out of Toronto and I think Orangeville was kinda the badlands outer limits of Toronto. 

Right, and they're not small towns, either