The great v. The Greatist (Jerry Lewis v. Muhammad Ali)

The Senator

Greatest flop of show biz history was the Jerry Lewis  Show

mixed on Ali, no respect for taunting and showboating against obviously overmatched opponents, and his last 20 plus years were beyond sad

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Greatest flop of show biz history was the Jerry Lewis  Show

mixed on Ali, no respect for taunting and showboating against obviously overmatched opponents, and his last 20 plus years were beyond sad

Chevy Chase Show only lasted 5 weeks, I think The Jerr was on longer. I will reserve final judgment on him until I can see The Day The Clown Cried.

As for Ali, I eventually liked him when I got older, but when I was a kid just starting to get into sports, I was a Smoking Joe fan.

This is a great conversation that's been had in the Shoutbox multiple times over the years:

I think, due to longevity of his career, that Ali is the greatest.  Hands down.

HOWEVER ... I firmly believe that Mike Tyson in his prime, would annihilate Muhammed Ali in his prime.  As in a first round knock out. 

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

This is a great conversation that's been had in the Shoutbox multiple times over the years:

I think, due to longevity of his career, that Ali is the greatest.  Hands down.

HOWEVER ... I firmly believe that Mike Tyson in his prime, would annihilate Muhammed Ali in his prime.  As in a first round knock out. 

Imo, Tyson in his prime couldn’t keep up with Ali’s quickness in his prime. He’d never get inside enough to do much harm as Ali had a 7” reach advantage. I’m talking Ali in his prime, not after he was reinstated.