How much is cole beasly really loving the bills?

I sure hope Allen makes Ronin eat major crow... if he mans up. As "realists" like him just like to throw out negative stuff all over and rarely change their tunes.

Even those of us that are huge Allen fans, and I sure am one, realize he is NOT polished, nor a "finished product", has huge strengths yet also glaring weaknesses, etc. You cherry pick everything. Edmunds was a great analogy as he showed great promise and made awesome plays but he seriously had stretches where he was horrible and picked on as target #1 by the other teams. GROWING PAINS. He was put in a "defense QB" spot at 21, on purpose. Just like all the "eat the dead cap" stuff happened last year, on purpose. Of course Peterman was supposed to take the reins so hard to say the "process" was flawless and trust it fully but we see the reasoning. Like a rookie QB would be so awesome. His progress was amazing last year and that's what he was judged on LAST YEAR.

I too wonder if Beasly will be have a great year/be a good fit, as his strength is really Josh's weakness. But if the deep threat opens up the field, it'll open up slot passes so we just don't know. YET WE CAN STILL BE EXCITED. I mean, Allen might not connect with him much, who knows, but it's still better to have Beasly on the team than not! And if it somehow shores up his weakness the better! As huge of fan I am of Josh, I don't think timing throws and short quick passes will ever be his strengths. But he has other tools no other QBs possess.

OLine is probably not where it needs to be - but you expected one year to solve all issues? it's exciting that the cap space in 2020 is awesome and even 2021-2022 looking good. Injuries can derail a lot of things. Some players can suddenly grow bad. No pointing them at all as possibilities but Edmunds, Milano, White, Lorax, the WRs, etc. it can happen. Still, last 4 games and offseason acquisitions gave us tons of hope. With a much different vibe than the typical spring ones. This feels like it COULD be the return of the Bills to a dominating force in the coming years, not just a winning season, and that is exciting. 

And as Boomer Esiason said, Josh is "must see TV", he is exciting and fun to watch, if nothing else. Most "busts" are NOT fun to watch but cringy. 

23 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Always my friend, always.

and i appreciate that.

Beasley is going to to what we wish/fantasized Jordan Matthews was going to do for our offense.

excellent pick up by Beanes Boys

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/22/2019 at 8:58 PM, Ronin said:

Well, unless Allen makes a monster leap in his play, Prescott last season was worlds better than Allen.  

Here's my big concern, Allen's passing strengths don't lie where Beasley typically caught the ball in Dallas, in fact the opposite, those areas were Allen's biggest weakness last year.  

So whether that changes remains to be seen, but talking in the offseason much less the preseason I'm not sure accomplishes much, particularly in Buffalo where we've been offseason and preseason champs for years.  

We'll see how Beasley works out, but they don't need him deep.  As it is, he only caught four deep passes last season and the gains were only 18, 19, 21, 21, and 32.  

Duh....Bills didnt have a receive last year like  Beasley .

3 hours ago, Georgie said:

Duh....Bills didnt have a receive last year like  Beasley .

So in essence, you're implying that where Beasley will be this year on the field, we had no open receivers last season much at all then.  

There's no other conclusion to draw based on your comment off of my comment.  

All I can say is OK, if you think so. Not really worth discussing further.  

If the Bills get off to a good start and Beasley is involved, then his earlier proclamation of the Bills utilizing receivers more than Dallas should ring true. We are learning that he is pretty vocal.

many guys are pointing out that Allen did not do a good job of finding the short route runner last season, which is absolutely true, but do not bring up fact that our line was terrible and our recievers were not reliably open short. If Allen can trust him to be open short then it will make a huge difference.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

many guys are pointing out that Allen did not do a good job of finding the short route runner last season, which is absolutely true, but do not bring up fact that our line was terrible and our recievers were not reliably open short. If Allen can trust him to be open short then it will make a huge difference.

I agree. We can probably expect to see quite a bit of this combination.

He is a Texas guy, went to school in Dallas-Ft Worth area, college in Dallas, and "Beasley admits that he never really wanted to be in Dallas. It was a place for him to get an opportunity. "

I understand he was an UDFA and he needed to take a job where he could find one and it usually easier for local college guys to get tryouts but if he really did not like Texas did he not get any offers for tryouts in other states.