Jordan Reed is a trade suggestion from NFL.com.

njbuff

...so here we are in the "slow news day let's start the bring 'em in " threads mode.....oh joy....we do NOT even know what the hell we have in our own damn barn now and we're in the "grass MUST be greener on the other side" mode much less for a wounded duck...I missed the memo.............

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:38 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Do they come in six packs?

...no but here is another for your consideration.............

Former Redskins TE Fred Davis attempting NFL comeback

Zach Links, Pro Football Rumors
1 hr ago

Former Redskins tight end Fred Davis hasn’t played in the NFL in years, but that’s not stopping him from chasing his goal of a return to professional football. Late last week, Davis participated in the XFL’s summer showcase with an eye on joining the upstart league and, ultimately, getting back on the NFL radar.

“For me, that’s what it’s really about — having the chance to still be able to play the game you love to play, that you’ve played for a long time,” Davis said. “Even though you take a break off, it doesn’t mean you can’t play it now.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-redskins-te-fred-davis-attempting-nfl-comeback/ar-AADlT5F?li=BBnba9I&ocid=ientp

Jordan Reed - 6 seasons - Never played more than 14 games...only twice played more than 11 games...and 2 times played under 10 games.  

He is the definition of injury prone unfortunately.  That being said, when healthy he is a good playmaker, and he did play in his second most games in his career last at 13.  I wouldn't hate it if he was a Bill, but I don't see any reason to go get him.  

I am actually pretty excited about Knox, I am ok if bring in another TE for solid depth, but I much prefer focusing on developing Knox getting him as many reps as possible.

On 6/22/2019 at 5:59 PM, Augie said:

Are we snake bit, is it my imagination, or do TE’s just struggle more than some other positions. Hard to be almost OLine size mixing it up, and run almost like a WR.  

Honestly may be on to something...

Kelce (been good lately, but he's had concussions as well as microfracture knee surgery), Reed, Ertz, Olsen, Graham, Gronk, Rudolph, Doyle, Eifert, Walker...  have all missed time.

The only guy who doesn't is Witten.

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...no but here is another for your consideration.............

Former Redskins TE Fred Davis attempting NFL comeback

Zach Links, Pro Football Rumors
1 hr ago

Former Redskins tight end Fred Davis hasn’t played in the NFL in years, but that’s not stopping him from chasing his goal of a return to professional football. Late last week, Davis participated in the XFL’s summer showcase with an eye on joining the upstart league and, ultimately, getting back on the NFL radar.

“For me, that’s what it’s really about — having the chance to still be able to play the game you love to play, that you’ve played for a long time,” Davis said. “Even though you take a break off, it doesn’t mean you can’t play it now.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-redskins-te-fred-davis-attempting-nfl-comeback/ar-AADlT5F?li=BBnba9I&ocid=ientp

This is what I've been clamoring for! Not everyone needs to be a prospective NFL guy - look for former players who want to get back into the game.  Guys who didn't "retire", but are listed as "former" NFL players.  Whats Shane Vereen up to?  Or Gary barnidge?  

The Bills are looking for an attention getter at the TE position. Not necessarily someone that will consistently produce, but someone that will command attention (ie. produced at a high level at some point in their career). The kind of attention that relives some of the pressure off of the WRs and RBs. We may have a gem in Knox, but he will not get any respect out there until he shows that he can do something. The same goes for Croom. Kroft at the very least has a reputation of a large TE that can move fairly well and catch the ball. Defenses would have had to pay attention to that and either jam at the line, shadow the safety over top to prevent the seem and so on. That type of attention at that position is what the Bills want so we can open up the fade to the WRs or wheel routes to the RBs. I can almost guarantee the Bills will bring in another vet TE that has had decent success as a receiver in the past. Doubt there is a free agent out there so this would most definitely be an acquisition through trade.

If minuscule compensation, Reed on a 3 year 24m non guaranteed contract doesn’t kill me.

ill keep echoing that we are in a spot to take on a few guys that you can’t count on or don’t make sense positionally or... 

if we take reed reed as a 1yr 7.5m swing with 2 team options to follow... meh. Not the worst use I’ve seen of a late pick.