Rob Ryan says it made 'no sense' that he couldn't find job post-Bills

HOUSE

On 6/24/2019 at 12:24 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Saw Similar interview themes when he joined the Bills.

There was that one playoff game in 2010.  

He was 5-11 vs pats. Hardly any sort of blueprint.

Coughlin is the guy you want to talk to. 

I wonder how many TEAMS have won at least 5 games against Brady... Bills aren't in there.

Edited by Boca BIlls

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

I wonder how many TEAMS have won at least 5 games against Brady... Bills aren't in there.

Bills probably haven’t even won 5 quarters vs Brady, but that doesn’t make anyone any kind of genius.

fun facts

.... 2 teams have winning records vs Brady... Seattle and Carolina. 

Miami has most most wins with wining 11 of 33, broncos won 6 of 13.

bills have won 3 of 33

• Sad 1

Coughlin is the guy you want to talk to. 

Yeah, have your QB run for his life and blindly chuck it downfield and a guy catches it on his helmet falling backwards to the ground.

• 3 weeks later...

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/29/rob-ryan-back-docks-continue-coaching-career-redsk/

Rob Ryan is back from the docks, still in his element for Redskins

For two years, Ryan’s famous name and hair weren’t enough to land him a new NFL job, his record as a defensive coordinator perhaps too checkered. But in Washington, Ryan is in charge of inside linebackers — just a year after he took a detour from his NFL comeback to work at his brother-in-law’s shipyard.

Through it all, he never wondered whether his coaching days were numbered.

“This is where I wanted to be. I’m a pro coach,” Ryan said. “So I was fortunate to get this job. I’m happy to be here, excited, but I never lost confidence. No way.”

...and PFT is STILL giving this gravy stain press?........slow news day boyz?...SMH.....

Rob Ryan “never lost confidence” in two years out of coaching

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 30, 2019, 4:58 PM EDT

Rob Ryan is back in an NFL training camp this year, coaching linebackers in Washington, after two years out of the league. He’s as confident as ever.

Ryan, who got fired as the Bills’ assistant head coach on the same day in 2016 that his brother, Rex Ryan, was fired as head coach, says he’s glad to be back in the NFL and never doubted that he could get the job done.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/30/rob-ryan-never-lost-confidence-in-two-years-out-of-coaching/#comments

Maybe the NFL is tired of the Ryan "brand" entirely.

17 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

"I like to drink the hell out of red wine" ----Rob Ryan -2016

Well said Dean Wormer!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Thank you (+1) 1