Rob Ryan says it made 'no sense' that he couldn't find job post-Bills

It made sense to me Rob ?

4 hours ago, Adam said:

The Ryan scheme works really well if you have about 12 pro bowlers with at least 5 hall of famers. Look at the 85 Bears! That team may have gone undefeated with all the talent they had, if they didn't blitz Marino so much

Eh ya gotta give credit to Buddy Ryan man. That 4-6 was killing it in Philly too, that dude's an all time defensive mind. Of course he had Reggie White I think at that time but ya can't take that defensive dominance away from a coach. 

Ya can't take away Phil Jackson's 11 NBA championships cause he had MJ and Kobe. Just take a few out.. man still accomplished a lot lol.

1 hour ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I love this thread. Not a single post is even remotely defending the Ryans. I honestly think if we really want to unify the country about one thing we can agree upon we should have the Ryan’s coach every major sports team in the country. This would finally unite us all.

If only. Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who cheer loudly for clueless bloviating idiots.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/24/2019 at 11:15 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Rex: what you have to do is have your entire defense run criss cross blitzes.  Brady won’t get 10 tds after he feels that pressure. 

Brady can't throw like he used to, plus he basically has nothing to throw to except Edelman inside 15 yards and a half dozen total no-names to run the ball

that's okay, he won the SB again

On 6/21/2019 at 4:03 PM, HOUSE said:
Image result for rob ryan

When the Buffalo Bills fired their former head coach Rex Ryan just before their season finale in 2016, his brother, Rob Ryan, went with him.

Rob Ryan was Buffalo’s “assistant head coach/ defense” as his official title.

Prior to that, Rob Ryan was the Saints’ defensive coordinator from 2013-15 and their defense was… not good. Then he joined the Bills in what was viewed as a bit of last ditch effort from his brother to make things work in Buffalo. They didn’t now we’re onto a new process, literally.

While perhaps his recent history isn’t that great, credit where credit is due, Rob Ryan is a two-time Super Bowl winning coach and after not getting a single job offer following his stint for the Bills, he finally found one. Ryan is currently the inside linebackers coach for the Redskins.

But the LB coach recently reflected on his two-year coaching hiatus with the Redskins’ team website and described how shocked he was to have zero job offers after being fired by the Bills in December 2016.

“When you’re out of work that phone stops ringing. It’s a humbling thing, it upsets you, and it’s something you just have to deal with,” Ryan said. “No one cares that you’re fired, no one cares that you have a family to provide for, so you have to do it yourself.”

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/21/rob-ryan-rex-ryan-no-sense-find-job-post-buffalo-bills/?fbclid=IwAR0elVlIbvmRbE6GMLta-LDsdROuAVybG-OdgxB2tROYxG6Q8LjUl0haVKY

Wasn't he still getting Pegula Bucks?

On 6/27/2019 at 7:39 PM, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

It made sense to me Rob ?

Eh ya gotta give credit to Buddy Ryan man. That 4-6 was killing it in Philly too, that dude's an all time defensive mind. Of course he had Reggie White I think at that time but ya can't take that defensive dominance away from a coach.  

Ya can't take away Phil Jackson's 11 NBA championships cause he had MJ and Kobe. Just take a few out.. man still accomplished a lot lol. 

Wade Phillips had better results with less talent to work with

Maybe it took Rob awhile to get hired cuz teams were concerned he and Rex would continue to go out together in their matching jerseys to bars before and after sporting events they attend and have punks trying to goad them into something stupid and them possibly taking the bait.....again.

Edited by I am the egg man

On 6/27/2019 at 7:14 PM, Leonhart2017 said:

I love this thread. Not a single post is even remotely defending the Ryans. I honestly think if we really want to unify the country about one thing we can agree upon we should have the Ryan’s coach every major sports team in the country. This would finally unite us all.

I am willing to try that as long as they start in New England with Chucky like contract.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I am willing to try that as long as they start in New England with Chucky like contract.

Going from ‘no personality’ Belichick to ‘attention *hore’ Ryan brothers (and Barnum and Bailey circus).  Wouldn’t that be a hoot?!

On 6/24/2019 at 10:30 AM, HT02 said:

Agreed, its not the blitz packages that cause problems for Brady its when the front four can get pressure without blitzing that causes Brady to look more like Kyle Orton.

This is pretty standard across the board against the top QB's, which is why I'd be all about bringing in a guy like Clowney. I feel OK about our front four, but it's nothing special. Hughes and Lawson are really the only known commodities as pass rushers. Hughes is good and Lawson is not. If Murphy stays healthy and produces, that could change things. I'm not holding my breath. There's gonna be a lot of pressure on Oliver to be the kind of impact player that makes those around him better. I love him as a prospect, but that's a ton of pressure for a rook.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 9:57 PM, Adam said:

Wade Phillips had better results with less talent to work with

I agree haha. I probably would even say Wade is the GOAT DC. I don't know my football coaching staff history terribly.. but is Buddy not a top 5 all time defensive mind? I'd imagine even his biggest detractors couldn't reasonably list 5 guys ahead of him. He was great. Historically great when he had historic talent.

I've seen to many coaches blow it with great talent not to appreciate one that gets the best out of his guys. Not to mention he still had good years on his leaner rosters. I think he was a great HC overall to boot.

Now Rob and Rex don't need to besmirch ole Buddy and drag him down can they? Maybe. Maybe he's bad at coaching up coaches in 2000s football I'll grant that. He raised Rob to be an awful DC. And maybe Rob never had it in him lol.

I'd go as far to say best defensive coaches all time go 1. Son of Bum and 2. Buddy

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wade Phillips is what Rex could have been if he was willing to adapt and play 2nd fiddle to the HC

Super Bowl winning DC who is seen as one of the best defensive minds in the game. Held NE to 3 points until the 4th quarter of the super bowl and 13 for the game. 

Wade's defenses in Denver and LA actually did just about shut Brady's offense down.