Rob Ryan says it made 'no sense' that he couldn't find job post-Bills

Image result for rob ryan

When the Buffalo Bills fired their former head coach Rex Ryan just before their season finale in 2016, his brother, Rob Ryan, went with him.

Rob Ryan was Buffalo’s “assistant head coach/ defense” as his official title.

Prior to that, Rob Ryan was the Saints’ defensive coordinator from 2013-15 and their defense was… not good. Then he joined the Bills in what was viewed as a bit of last ditch effort from his brother to make things work in Buffalo. They didn’t now we’re onto a new process, literally.

While perhaps his recent history isn’t that great, credit where credit is due, Rob Ryan is a two-time Super Bowl winning coach and after not getting a single job offer following his stint for the Bills, he finally found one. Ryan is currently the inside linebackers coach for the Redskins.

But the LB coach recently reflected on his two-year coaching hiatus with the Redskins’ team website and described how shocked he was to have zero job offers after being fired by the Bills in December 2016.

“When you’re out of work that phone stops ringing. It’s a humbling thing, it upsets you, and it’s something you just have to deal with,” Ryan said. “No one cares that you’re fired, no one cares that you have a family to provide for, so you have to do it yourself.”

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/21/rob-ryan-rex-ryan-no-sense-find-job-post-buffalo-bills/?fbclid=IwAR0elVlIbvmRbE6GMLta-LDsdROuAVybG-OdgxB2tROYxG6Q8LjUl0haVKY

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 7

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

When the Buffalo Bills fired their former head coach Rex Ryan just before their season finale in 2016, his brother, Rob Ryan, went with him.

Rob Ryan was Buffalo’s “assistant head coach/ defense” as his official title.

Prior to that, Rob Ryan was the Saints’ defensive coordinator from 2013-15 and their defense was… not good. Then he joined the Bills in what was viewed as a bit of last ditch effort from his brother to make things work in Buffalo. They didn’t now we’re onto a new process, literally.

While perhaps his recent history isn’t that great, credit where credit is due, Rob Ryan is a two-time Super Bowl winning coach and after not getting a single job offer following his stint for the Bills, he finally found one. Ryan is currently the inside linebackers coach for the Redskins.

But the LB coach recently reflected on his two-year coaching hiatus with the Redskins’ team website and described how shocked he was to have zero job offers after being fired by the Bills in December 2016.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/21/rob-ryan-rex-ryan-no-sense-find-job-post-buffalo-bills/?fbclid=IwAR0elVlIbvmRbE6GMLta-LDsdROuAVybG-OdgxB2tROYxG6Q8LjUl0haVKY

...dammit HOUSE...just ruined a perfectly good pair of Depends......bigger fraud than Blowhard Buddy.............

• Haha (+1) 3

It makes perfect sense to me.  What has old Rob ever done as a DC?  You have to go back to his work in NE as the last time he was part of a successful defense.  

The defense is NO was among one of the worst defenses all time.

Rex made the Bills into a bad defense, Rob joined the staff and made it worse!

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

It makes perfect sense to me.  What has old Rob ever done as a DC?  You have to go back to his work in NE as the last time he was part of a successful defense.  

The two of them agreed that Mario Williams would be better off dropping back into coverage than he would rushing the pass thrower.

It ended there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

...Rob's ONLY place is as the Guest of Honor at a Pig Roast....open mouth....insert apple...SMH...........

I’m not a charity case at all, I’m a great coach,” the 56-year-old coach added. “But to be out of work that long makes no sense. It made no sense. But it humbles you and you come back with a good attitude.”

Yup, he sure sounds humbled to me.... ?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just stop talking Robbie. Please. When you have to tell everyone that you’re a good coach, it’s probably time to just fly under the radar for a bit and get to work with the hope that someday someone else says it for you. I’m not holding my breath however.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hmm ?

The great coach and his defensive genius brother wreck a very good defensive unit, get fired, and then wonder why the phone doesn’t ring for coaching jobs,  now isn’t that odd...  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

So sad that we’ve now devoted TWO threads to that idiot. As if this thread couldn’t be part of the other one. Now we can all bounce between the two threads and argue the merits of Rob and Rex as football intellectuals. 

...why?...he's a legend...just ask him.....are Blowhard Buddy or Wrecks any different?.....

• Haha (+1) 2