College isn't what it used to be.

Greybeard

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

Or I’m there under one of 15 names the conspiracy gang tags me with. I did more than my fair share of time in billsChan PPP. You enjoy yourself. 

Well that's just silly... you only use 12 different aliases! 

Have a good weekend. ? 

• Like (+1) 1

Everyone has to wear a pink sheets  at the the home opener or I will be offended. 

I don’t want to see anyone. 

If you do not have one on I will have Bringbackfergy start a lawsuit against you. 

You all have to do to do what I say.  

On 6/21/2019 at 3:16 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Yea it's a shame college isn't what it once was....

Not sure OP realized this took place at a highschool ?

Yup, lol, a highschool in San Fransisco

And they said almost no student was against the murals, most didn't care, it was an outside group that found it offensive and had a couple of students join them in making a fuss over it.

I think some of this blame put on the youth/students today over things is misplaced. Most of the time the kids aren't actually offended or care, it's the parents who make a big deal and take offence but prop it up to make it look like it's the kids. And because of 'outrage' of stupid things like this, the kids aren't viewed positively when they don't take a stand against more serious issues.

$300-800k to cover up a 13 panel mural? Even if they want to preserve it hidden behind something so it's never seen again, that still sounds a little high. I will do it for $299k and I haven't even seen the size or details of what needs to be covered.....

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yup, lol, a highschool in San Fransisco

And they said almost no student was against the murals, most didn't care, it was an outside group that found it offensive and had a couple of students join them in making a fuss over it.

I think some of this blame put on the youth/students today over things is misplaced. Most of the time the kids aren't actually offended or care, it's the parents who make a big deal and take offence but prop it up to make it look like it's the kids. And because of 'outrage' of stupid things like this, the kids aren't viewed positively when they don't take a stand against more serious issues.

$300-800k to cover up a 13 panel mural? Even if they want to preserve it hidden behind something so it's never seen again, that still sounds a little high. I will do it for $299k and I haven't even seen the size or details of what needs to be covered.....

I will do it for 75k and a bag of popcorn

Beat that

Writing in National Review, James Sutton reports the mural was never really a bother at the high school.

“The mural (which lies about 20 blocks from my house) wasn’t even particularly opposed by the student body. According to teachers who attended the public hearings over the mural, the majority of students were against its removal or just apathetic. But a small group of outside busybodies joined with a few students to ensure that it would be removed from the public’s sight. Once the words ‘racist’ or ‘white supremacist’ are attached to something, no matter how inaccurate, liberals will not risk their reputation by defending it,” Sutton wrote.

I would argue the standards at our higher education institutes deteriorated a long time  ago based on the fact that none of you seemed to have read or article.

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I would argue the standards at our higher education institutes deteriorated a long time  ago based on the fact that none of you seemed to have read or article.

Buffalo716 already pointed this out in a post above.   I read the article but it made me recall the mural's on an entry to one of the buildings on my college campus.  From there I just went off the tracks.

The continuous rise of PC culture is due to the majority almost always capitulating to the minority.  Have a vote on it.  

“The mural (which lies about 20 blocks from my house) wasn’t even particularly opposed by the student body. According to teachers who attended the public hearings over the mural, the majority of students were against its removal or just apathetic. But a small group of outside busybodies joined with a few students to ensure that it would be removed from the public’s sight. Once the words ‘racist’ or ‘white supremacist’ are attached to something, no matter how inaccurate, liberals will not risk their reputation by defending it,” Sutton wrote.

On 6/21/2019 at 5:15 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Hopefully men will remember how to be men  and women get their chance to be shine.....hopefully there's enough people that still appreciate the red white and blue to lay it on the line

There aren't.  Each military branch is relaxing standards on a regular basis to "cope" with the "quality" of possible recruits.  Our future is not bright.