Predicting one future first-time Pro Bowler for each AFC team

For Tre to go, we need to have a lot of success as a team. As one poster said about DE’s and sacks, the masses respect INT’s for DB’s. Tre is more of a blanket than a ball hawk. He’s well on the radar of people who really watch football. But if you ask most general fans who Tre White is they would have no idea. With success it will force people to look at the why and clearly the more you look at what he does all around, he’s an exceptional player. I would give Edmunds, Oliver, and Hughes the best chance if we aren’t as successful as a team just based on all 3 being able to get peoples attention with stats. If Oliver ends up being the player we think he is he could even help Hughes go before he does. I really think Oliver will be special but it’s not as if we are coming off some scrub at that position. 

Edited by KzooMike

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Ed Oliver

..interesting.....a Pro-Bowl rook would be an accomplishment......could see Tre and Edmunds as candidates..Josh is more dependent on his surrounding arsenal because he can't do it alone AGAIN.....gonna hang up and wait for the "well Tuhrod was a Pro-Bowler" contingent to weigh in.....stay tuned....

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/21/2019 at 11:01 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

lets play a game.... which player got the probowl nod?

Player A.

15 games played

95 tackles

5 int

13 passes defensed

1 fumble recovery

2 sacks

4 TFL

1td

Player B.

16 games played

82 tackles

5 int

13 passes defensed.

2 TFL

i'll answer for you. player b was hyde. he got the nod..... player A was poyer…. but PFF has spoken and I guess that's not a probowl caliber stat line.

if you don't see a probowl type stat line there from poyer you must be freaking HIGH. safeties have gotten the nod for far less.

PFF also accounts for things like missed tackle, blown assignments/coverages. That doesn't show up on a generic stat line.  Pro bowl voting is like a beauty contest, it literally means nothing and once you go, you often keep going based on name alone.  This board has plenty of threads every year with people clamoring for "names" of free agents just because we have heard of them not because anyone really watches the details about how they play....