Predicting one future first-time Pro Bowler for each AFC team

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And yet is still passed over.  And he is still in Buffalo.  And has been playing with Tre White for 2 years. So how is it that you think he will get a PB spot?   The stats aren't working, he's stuck in Buffalo.  What will change?  Simple question.

As for last year, do you think he was better than Jessie Bates, who also didn't make the Pro Bowl?

wins. simple answer

from a pure numbers standpoint he was better than bates IMO. one could argue better overall stats, and i'll be perfectly honest, I don't know enough about bates game to judge much more than the box scores... poyer had one more int, one more FF, one more FR, 2 more sacks, 9 more TFL, 11 less total tackles. that was one hell of a rookie campaign by Bates though.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This. If he's healthy I'd love seeing him and Edwards making some noise, stout LB corps is a McD staple

But at linebacker I think it is more just on name recognition than anything else. That might make it hard for guys like Milano and Edmunds.

If you are a DE and get a ton of sacks, you'll go to the pro bowl no matter what team you're on and if you are recognized by the masses, because the masses respect sacks. Not so simple for a linebacker unless he just gets a ton of turnovers.

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

But at linebacker I think it is more just on name recognition than anything else. That might make it hard for guys like Milano and Edmunds.

If you are a DE and get a ton of sacks, you'll go to the pro bowl no matter what team you're on and if you are recognized by the masses, because the masses respect sacks. Not so simple for a linebacker unless he just gets a ton of turnovers.

I think Milano has a shot if he keeps improving. He has a knack for turnovers which will garner ESPN highlights... Particularly if he shows up big against large market teams. 

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. I agree. but that's not performance based. WEO is balking at the notion he's next in line to be a probowler based on performance.... and that's absurd IMO.

I think WEO has a point. Poyer has to be substantially better stat wise because he has no name recognition or previous following. If the pro bowl was solely a statistical analysis then Poyer would be in good shape... But... Unfortunately fan vote and sports writers matter. ?‍♂️ Like I said about Milano, Poyer will need big plays in games against large market teams. 

22 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

For all the money he's getting paid I hope it's Morse.

Olinemen are kind of random as far as pro bowlers go. There's not really any stats to go by, so people just vote for who they know OR they vote for guys from good offenses.

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

wins. simple answer

from a pure numbers standpoint he was better than bates IMO. one could argue better overall stats, and i'll be perfectly honest, I don't know enough about bates game to judge much more than the box scores... poyer had one more int, one more FF, one more FR, 2 more sacks, 9 more TFL, 11 less total tackles. that was one hell of a rookie campaign by Bates though.

Exactly. Just win baby. 

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Pro-Bowls are worthless. It’s a joke.

That’s certainly true of the games. The honor, and more importantly any bonus it might trigger, are nothing to take lightly. 

3 hours ago, Augie said:

That’s certainly true of the games. The honor, and more importantly any bonus it might trigger, are nothing to take lightly. 

They used to indicate players who were superior in skill and performance. Now they indicate players who are superior in name recognition and branding. 

• Like (+1) 2

White of course, Edmunds if he totally matures and puts it together, Oliver and our new prodigal son Josh Allen at some point!

22 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

They used to indicate players who were superior in skill and performance. Now they indicate players who are superior in name recognition and branding. 

Yeah...the pro bowl is not what it once was...if it ever was anyway.

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

White is a probowl talent but with Gilmore and Ramsey in the same conference he may be even better in 2019 than he was in 2017/8 and still not make it.

I actually think Edmunds has a better chance.  Not that he is the better player. But just because there is not a lot of great talent at MLB in AFC.

That is why we hold on to him. Speaking of the pro bowl, you can field quite a team of pro bowlers from all of the DB's that have left the Bills!

Edited by Rocket94