Predicting one future first-time Pro Bowler for each AFC team

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001034164/article/predicting-one-future-firsttime-pro-bowler-for-each-afc-team

BUFFALO BILLS: Tre'Davious White, CB, third NFL season: The final first-round draft pick for Doug Whaley in Buffalo, White surged out of the gate to start 16 games as a rookie in 2017. He finished that season as the NFL's sixth-best cornerback, per Pro Football Focus, with the analytics site rating him as the league's top rookie. Less splashy on paper in 2018, White clearly had the attention of opposing teams, who made him the fifth-lowest-targeted cornerback in the NFL, per Next Gen Stats. One of the grittier press-cover operators in the conference, White is Pro Bowl-ready.

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

White is a probowl talent but with Gilmore and Ramsey in the same conference he may be even better in 2019 than he was in 2017/8 and still not make it.

I actually think Edmunds has a better chance.  Not that he is the better player. But just because there is not a lot of great talent at MLB in AFC.

Well, there's Moseley on the Jets now. I think he's gone to a couple of Pro Bowls already.

I read this a couple days ago when it came out and white was immediately who came to mind when I saw the title..... poyer was a close 2nd.

in fact it wouldn't surprise me if poyer made one before white just based on the fact poyers role in the defense is more apt to accumulate impressive overall numbers.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

23 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Well, there's Moseley on the Jets now. I think he's gone to a couple of Pro Bowls already.

Moseley is good but he is not a superstar. Edmunds would need to have a truly remarkable improvement and probably would need a Top 5 defense ranking and Bills in playoffs to make it. 

28 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I read this a couple days ago when it came out and white was immediately who came to mind when I saw the title..... poyer was a close 2nd.

in fact it wouldn't surprise me if poyer made one before white just based on the fact poyers role in the defense is more apt to accumulate impressive overall numbers.

Poyer??

No

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Poyer??

No

ya. ok bro.

back in 2017 by the end of the season he had a better overall year statistically than hyde and micah got selected. he's right there. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

ya. ok bro.

back in 2017 by the end of the season he had a better overall year statistically than hyde and micah got selected. he's right there. 

By the end of that season, he didn't even grade out as a top 10 safety per PFF. 

Maybe the players will vote him in to get to the Mrs....

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

By the end of that season, he didn't even grade out as a top 10 safety per PFF. 

Maybe the players will vote him in to get to the Mrs....

lets play a game.... which player got the probowl nod?

Player A.

15 games played

95 tackles

5 int

13 passes defensed

1 fumble recovery

2 sacks

4 TFL

1td

Player B.

16 games played

82 tackles

5 int

13 passes defensed.

2 TFL

i'll answer for you. player b was hyde. he got the nod..... player A was poyer…. but PFF has spoken and I guess that's not a probowl caliber stat line.

if you don't see a probowl type stat line there from poyer you must be freaking HIGH. safeties have gotten the nod for far less.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Player A.

15 games played

95 tackles

5 int

13 passes defensed

1 fumble recovery

2 sacks

4 TFL

1td

Player B.

16 games played

82 tackles

5 int

13 passes defensed.

2 TFL

i'll answer for you. player b was hyde. he got the nod..... player A was poyer…. but PFF has spoken and I guess that's not a probowl caliber stat line.

if you don't see a probowl type stat line there from poyer you must be freaking HIGH. safeties have gotten the nod for far less.

I agree, but Hyde benefits from his time with the Packers. He made a lot of splash plays for them in prime time games, and it’s a huge fan base that looks at him fondly. Poyer doesn’t have that recognition and backing. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I agree, but Hyde benefits from his time with the Packers. He made a lot of splash plays for them in prime time games, and it’s a huge fan base that looks at him fondly. Poyer doesn’t have that recognition and backing. 

right. I agree. but that's not performance based. WEO is balking at the notion he's next in line to be a probowler based on performance.... and that's absurd IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Player A.

15 games played

95 tackles

5 int

13 passes defensed

1 fumble recovery

2 sacks

4 TFL

1td

Player B.

16 games played

82 tackles

5 int

13 passes defensed.

2 TFL

So, 2 years ago, in Poyer's best year in a mediocre career, he got beat out by his own teammate, who had lesser stats, for the Pro Bowl nod....

....and Poyer is the guy on the Bills who is most likely this coming season to be a first time Pro Bowler?  Over, say Tre White-- a legit top 3 DB?

OK.  

17 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. I agree. but that's not performance based. WEO is balking at the notion he's next in line to be a probowler based on performance.... and that's absurd IMO.

I'm balking mainly at the contention that Poyer is the most likely first time Pro Bowler for the Bills this season.  This is thread's topic.

Edited by Mr. WEO

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So, 2 years ago, in Poyer's best year in a mediocre career, he got beat out by his own teammate, who had lesser stats, for the Pro Bowl nod....

....and Poyer is the guy on the Bills who is most likely this coming season to be a Pro Bowler?

OK.  

no.... I said I agreed with the article and said white was. I then went on to say poyer would be my next in line. the numbers I posted completely back up that statement. I also then said he may end up doing before white just based on the fact that he can accumulate more raw numbers at that position....

stop being so simple. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

no.... I said I agreed with the article and said white was. all I said about poyer was he may end up doing before white just based on the fact that he can accumulate more raw numbers at that position....

stop being so simple. 

He won't make it before White---that's the part that I thought was absurd.

Why didn't he make it last year?

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He won't make it before White---that's the part that I thought was absurd.

Why didn't he make it last year?

because its buffalo..... the dude had 100 tackles, 4 int, 2 sacks and 9 TFL. all on the leading pass yardage unit in the NFL..... arguably a better season than 2017...

I don't think you are firmly getting what i'm saying. i'm not saying I would agree with him getting in before a guy like white. i'm saying with his position being more stat accessible and white being the sort of guy that qb's eventually wont even try for, it sets up a guy like poyer to get noticed sooner than a guy like white. I don't understand why thats so off the wall. neither player has gotten nearly enough respect over the last 2 years.

for me its white and then poyer and Milano are right there. Milano nees to show a full year though.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

because its buffalo..... the dude had 100 tackles, 4 int, 2 sacks and 9 TFL. all on the leading pass yardage unit in the NFL..... arguably a better season than 2018...

and apparently you are having a hard time getting what i'm saying. i'm not saying I would agree with him getting in before a guy like white. i'm saying with his position being more stat accessible and white being the sort of guy that qb's eventually wont even try for, it sets up a guy like poyer to get noticed sooner than a guy like white. I don't understand why thats so off the wall.

And yet is still passed over.  And he is still in Buffalo.  And has been playing with Tre White for 2 years. So how is it that you think he will get a PB spot?   The stats aren't working, he's stuck in Buffalo.  What will change?  Simple question.

As for last year, do you think he was better than Jessie Bates, who also didn't make the Pro Bowl?