Buffalo Bills’ best contract values of 2018: Robert Foster

Buffalo Bills’ best contract values of 2018: Robert Foster

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/6/20/18627475/buffalo-bills-best-contract-values-of-2018-number-2-robert-foster-zay-jones-brian-daboll-offense

As an undrafted free agent out of Alabama, Robert Foster was thought to be just a camp body because of his connection to Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll. Foster was overlooked and overshadowed by the plethora of talented receivers who play for the Crimson Tide and his production as a four-year player wasn't remarkable.

The Bills appear to have found a steal in Foster. But it didn’t appear that way in the beginning—with the wide receiver tallying only two catches for 30 yards (all in one game) over the first half of the season. Buffalo waived Foster and then brought him back to the practice squad in Week 7. Finally a part of the active roster again the following week, Foster quickly created a connection with Josh Allen—in fact, over 75% of his production came in the last six games of the season.

Top 10 bang for the Bills

10. Lorenzo Alexander ($3.6 million)
9. Jordan Poyer ($3.9 million)
8. Harrison Phillips ($673,760)
7. Dion Dawkins ($950,736)
6. Taron Johnson ($620,863)
5. Tremaine Edmunds ($2.3 million)
4. Josh Allen ($3.85 million)
3. Levi Wallace ($225,880)
2. Robert Foster ($225,880)

35 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Some comments have suggested Tre White, as well. Either way, it's a really weird element to leave out of the article!

Weird not seeing Tre, and Milano period.  Would probably put both ahead of Dawkins. 

Even Edmunds seems like a bit of an unknown.  I don't know how you put him down as a better value than Poyer at this point.

I'd love to see Wallace and Foster extended long term, perhaps after the 2019 season.  They have decent cap space after sacrificing 2018 to purge the bad contracts. 

I'd rather the Bills use that cap space to resign homegrown talent than use it to make splashes in free agency for unfamiliar players.  

46 minutes ago, Capco said:

I'd love to see Wallace and Foster extended long term, perhaps after the 2019 season.  They have decent cap space after sacrificing 2018 to purge the bad contracts. 

I'd rather the Bills use that cap space to resign homegrown talent than use it to make splashes in free agency for unfamiliar players.  

The bottom line

If you want to be here next year then play your asses off and earn a new deal.   

45 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The bottom line

If you want to be here next year then play your asses off and earn a new deal.   

Absolutely.  That's why I don't think they deserve to be extended just yet.  The NFL is rife with 1 year wonders.  But if they put up consecutive years of production at a high level and stay healthy, they've earned an extension imo.  

4 minutes ago, Capco said:

Absolutely.  That's why I don't think they deserve to be extended just yet.  The NFL is rife with 1 year wonders.  But if they put up consecutive years of production at a high level and stay healthy, they've earned an extension imo.  

They cannot be extended yet.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Yes unless they are waived and no team signs them.

Ah okay, for some reason I thought that only applied if they were drafted.  

But didn't this already happen with Foster?