Vince McMahon Considered Buying The Vikings In 1998

Rico

3 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

I'll fact check this. 

1. The vast majority of the wrestlers involved in the CTE lawsuit didn't only work for Vince/WWE. They worked for companies no longer in business with way lower safety standards.  Most also worked in Japan at once time or another. They are hitching their suit to the largest most successful company. 

2. Nobody forces these performers to sign contracts with WWE which contain language that they are independent contractors. All the wrestlers know they are classified this way prior to agreeing to a contract. 

3. The non compete clause only applies to wrestlers that are released from their contracts,  not the wrestlers who complete their contracts. Again,  this is agreed to by both parties when the independent contractor agreement is signed. 

4. Bret Hart is still alive.  I'm sure you meant Owen Hart.

5. Again,  agreed to in the wrestlers contract. If a person works for apple and invents the ipod, then leaves apple, do they take the ipod with them? 

6. Ventura sued to be paid for his likeness being used on video tapes of old matches that he did commentary on.   Vince wasn't withholding anything.  Jesse believed he should be compensated. Does the networks or the NFL pay residuals to the announcers when a Superbowl is replayed on ESPN or NFLN?

7. I think your opinion is dead on with this. 

Yes, Owen, not Bret.  

The other poster claimed McMahon/WWE doesn’t have a history of being sued.  I was citing some suits to refute that claim.

i believe Ventura won his suit no?

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

They are certainly athletic.  But they are actors, not pro athletes playing on a sports team.  Much different.

Before they enter the squared circle, both wrestlers know who is going to win.  Not at all comparable to the ego that are involved in pro team sports.

That is like saying that the egos in Hollywood aren't comparable to pro sports because they are acting. In my opinion the egos of the fake are much worse as they don't get humbled to often.

15 hours ago, Craig Oi said:

You know what.....After being able to look back at and see the Pegulias really stepped up and outbid everyone, Thank God. We could have been owned by...shudder the thought by a certain wannabe dictator who by the day makes us the embarrassment of the World....Vince doesn't even seem half as bad...at least every business venture he was involved in didn't turn into bankruptcy and endless lawsuits from people he cheated out of their hard earned money. Finally after many years of seemingly chasing our tail the Bills seem to have a plan and are making progress on it. I trust the process and pray to God in 2020 we elect an actual Adult and not the spawn of Satan.

Please keep your nonsensical political diatribe on the PPP page.

• Like (+1) 6

Having rightfully received complaints about political views in this thread -IT DOESN’T BELONG HERE!- I’ve deleted the witless comments as the OPs topic is football relevant. Start up the BS again and into the dumpster it goes.

Edit: with vacations.

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Needle said:

That is like saying that the egos in Hollywood aren't comparable to pro sports because they are acting. In my opinion the egos of the fake are much worse as they don't get humbled to often.

ok....

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I'd bet the Owners would welcome him with "open arms (COUGH)" into their fraternity......imagine Vince and Jurrah in a "Texas Cage Match"......Rob Ryan as the "ring girl"...

I used to love those Jesse The Body/MacMahon days as broadcasters...

”Oh yeah, MacMahon?  How bout if I take this belt and wrap it around your skinny neck?”

”Oh I don’t think we have time for that, Jesse”

I haven’t watched in a while - when did MacMahon develop that fake Clint Eastwood voice affectation?

• Haha (+1) 1