What would a Shaq Lawson contract extension look like for the Buffalo Bills?

I too felt Shaq wa preferred to play early downs  and or short yardage.
Murphy was hobbled so he certainly played pass rush or was moved inside on occasion.

we all watch games. some watch them over and over. some do statistical analysis.

some play fantasy football and little more.

i just watch games.

so my opinion is is hardly worthwhile.. and yet... i still have one

we all do

10 hours ago, Bangarang said:

You want me to back up the claims he's making?

10 hours ago, Bangarang said:

You want me to back up the claims he's making?

No i am just suggesting  it was his opinion and not presented as fact.

you are saying his opinion is untenable : )

On 6/24/2019 at 12:23 AM, Rocky Landing said:

Well, if Lawson is generally put in a position to stop the run, and that's what he does, he's not likely to get a lot of sacks. Why would he?

I think us declining his option and signing Murphy last year....they want someone who can also rush the passer.  I agree with you Shaq is a good against the run but it's not what McDermott wants....looks like he wants someone who is some sort of threat to make the QB uncomfortable.

13 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

I too felt Shaq wa preferred to play early downs  and or short yardage.
Murphy was hobbled so he certainly played pass rush or was moved inside on occasion.

we all watch games. some watch them over and over. some do statistical analysis.

some play fantasy football and little more.

i just watch games.

so my opinion is is hardly worthwhile.. and yet... i still have one

we all do

I still like the "eye ball test".

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think us declining his option and signing Murphy last year....they want someone who can also rush the passer.  I agree with you Shaq is a good against the run but it's not what McDermott wants....looks like he wants someone who is some sort of threat to make the QB uncomfortable.

Agree.

9 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

If the Bills coaches knew when the opponent is calling a running play just so they put Shaq in the lineup don’t you think we should have won more games last year? ?

seems the big runs were from LB or SS errors.

Edmunds will improve , naturally.

9 hours ago, Dopey said:

I still like the "eye ball test".

Maybe it's a combination.

and there is no definitive answer ?

lest us hope

Murphy and Lawson both bring their A game this year. could be fine rotation in theory

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who doesn't right ?

But he brought in Star to hold steady and do his job. and hopefully make few mistakes with assignments. Lawson might be that same "type of player "

is that enough ?

never settle of course. Continued improvement comes from Coaching as well as talent. Lawson improved under Frazier

8 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Agree.

well you can't have everything Sean !!

lol

34 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

seems the big runs were from LB or SS errors.

Edmunds will improve , naturally.

Maybe it's a combination.

and there is no definitive answer ?

lest us hope

Murphy and Lawson both bring their A game this year. could be fine rotation in theory

I still say natural instincts is Edmunds only problem. He belongs outside, he isn’t crazy enough to fire gaps like a middle backer. 

He would probably be the Bills second best pash rusher outside of Hughes. He would have more opportunity to make plays in coverage as well. 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:31 AM, SoCal Deek said:

If the Bills coaches knew when the opponent is calling a running play just so they put Shaq in the lineup don’t you think we should have won more games last year? ?

You do understand "down and distance" don't you?