Why Ed Oliver didn’t play with the first-team during spring practices

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Pump the breaks on Harrison. He hasn't shown anything so far. He doesn't have size/strength to replace Star and the penetrating ability he showed at Stanford was nonexistent last year. He will see the least number of snaps especially if they play Lawson inside from time to time like they did last year year late in the season.

Ok, so in 85 less snaps than Star, Harrison Phillips made twice the amount of tackles as a rookie. He also did well as a rookie holding up in the middle. Star is really not that much comp to pass over. His play has basically been on the decline since his rookie season. It will happen, he will be relegated to a backup, and will be seeing snaps in a rotational role more so this year. 

...plenty of questionable personnel decisions in Bflo lore....Tom "Terrific" Donohole rushed Losman into service despite being woefully unprepared to save his hide for major draft gaffe.....Dopey Dickie Jauron had an infatuation with vets first and foremost a/k/a FredEx riding the pine behind Anthony "The Caboose" Johnson.....definite caboose versus alleged "A Train (COUGH)"....see the McBeane/McDermott tandem being far more balanced with no fear of playing kids who have earned a shot/look....before you think the "grass MUST be greener", better off knowing what you have NOW in your own damn barn IMO...........

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/21/2019 at 5:57 AM, H2o said:

Personally, I think Harrison Phillips and Ed Oliver will be recognized as one of the most formidable duo's of young interior linemen in the league by season's end. I expect Star and Jordan to be mainly in rotational roles. This defense is gonna be outstanding barring injuries to key players. 

I like your attitude and approve of this message.
as long as Edmunds dials his read /reactions in ? the Dline will improve in chunks. they have the talent and flexibility to play matchup football : )