IMHO - David Sills V will be cut by the Bills and will be quickly picked up by the Patriots.

tomur67

Actually, the Pats will pick him up, convert him back to a QB and he will replace Brady and lead them to 5 more Super Bowls over the next 10 years . . . and Bills be continual losers and we fans will lament letting him go for the next 15 years.

• Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, BobDVA said:

were doomed!

Worse than that!  Go to OTW and watch the “adults” brawling at a 7 year old baseball game. I’m afraid we missed the “doomed” tipping point a while ago.....  

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

Does every white WR from any team have to go to NE to be the next Welker or Edelman?  It’s such a lazy idea.  The reality is, Sills will likely sit on the PS for a couple seasons, barely see playing time, get called up, and everyone will predict 7 catches for 95 and a TD. The real stat line will be 8 snaps, 0 targets.

As an aside, the Pats have been worse than us at drafting WR's this past decade.  The only one that's been good for them in the last 10 years was Edelmen taken in the 7th round of 2009.  Of course they never took one in the first round (yet alone gave up a 1st to move up for one).

Just now, Doc Brown said:

As an aside, the Pats have been worse than us at drafting WR's this past decade.  The only one that's been good for them in the last 10 years was Edelmen taken in the 7th round of 2009.  Of course they never took one in the first round (yet alone gave up a 1st to move up for one).

They did this year! Guess they are trying to reverse their luck.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, he is an extreme long shot to make the 53 man roster.  I do agree he's got a decent shot at the PS.  He does have some ability, but he really needs to spend some time in an NFL strength and conditioning program.  He's way too skinny to avoid being pushed around in the NFL.  DBs are never going to let him get a clean release from the LOS.   Could the Pats claim him from the Bills' PS?  It's possible, I guess, but he's not going to be anything more than a fringe player as a rookie.  In the future?  Who knows?  There were a ton of big receivers in the 2019 draft, many with better athleticism and strength than Sills.

You are clearly saying this because he is white and while we all know Pats love their white skill position players (who didnt think they would go after Cole Beasley??) this one here is a stretch. If he looks good enough in camp he will be on our PS. To think the Pats would just give him a spot on their 53 because he is a white is silly. Pats like white receivers who they draft and shows prowess OR who have proven themselves on other 53 man rosters. They have no history of signing one off another teams PS. Bottom line is, if Sills shows them enough to be on their 53 then he would likely make our 53.

Setting up the hype train early for Sills. I wasn’t sure who exactly on the roster was going to cause meltdown come cut time. But it appears Sills is “the guy” this year. The guy who buffalo let get away and everyone is going to sign immediately cause we can’t judge talent. I’m rooting for the guy, but I’d rather he takes a year on the practice squad than dress him for game days. There’s better guys more than likely who can play/produce better right now. Long term I like what Sills has but hard to translate that as a rookie on a possible run first team