Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

ESPYS Awards Nominees  

90 members have voted

  1. 1. BEST NFL PLAYER 2018



Recommended Posts

How the hell did they come up with Gurley instead of Barkley?

 

I voted for Mahomes.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Donald was a better overall player, but positional value means Mahomes will get the award. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said in my best Manuel from Fawlty Towers voice:  “I know.....nahhhhhthing”.

*

Therefore, I voted for Mahomes.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mahomes gets it for sure. He’s the new media crush so everything he does is all time great legend status and of course he did have a fantastic year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really too bad that the Bills didn't have a chance to draft Mahomes.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted for Aaron Donald, but Mahomes will win.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brees. Class over trash.

  • Meh 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5,369 yards and 52 TD's - I mean c'mon. 

 

No one else is even in the conversation.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gugny said:

It's really too bad that the Bills didn't have a chance to draft Mahomes.

Here’s a quarter.  Go cry about it to Schtupp and Bulldog.  (Can you still get a pay phone call for 25 cents?). 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Said in my best Manuel from Fawlty Towers voice:  “I know.....nahhhhhthing”.

 

 

Are you sure that isn't Sgt. Schultz from Hogan's Heroes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jabu said:

 

Are you sure that isn't Sgt. Schultz from Hogan's Heroes?

Sgt. Schultz was more along the lines of “nuth-THING!”, and a catch phrase for the character.  Manuel’s use was feigning ignorance in the episode ‘Communication Problems’.  Interesting that Manuel was played by Andrew Sachs, a German by birth, who dubbed in the character’s lines when the series was translated into German.  There, I think I’ve wrung all the fun completely out of this discussion.  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn’t do it.....I voted Donald......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rico said:

Brees. Class over trash.

 

Who is trash? Only thing I see that differentiates him from the others is that he's white...

 

None of those other guys have done anything trashy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

 

Who is trash? Only thing I see that differentiates him from the others is that he's white...

 

None of those other guys have done anything trashy.

Puzzling word choice for sure, but there's no reason to believe that race was the idea behind it.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MJS said:

Puzzling word choice for sure, but there's no reason to believe that race was the idea behind it.

 

They are all good players. I'd go with short maybe setting Brees apart, but Donald is considered short for his position and I think Mahomes is average. 

 

Only difference between the three I can see is race as to why he would say that because they all seem like good people.

 

Maybe you should be quoting him instead of me. Only on this board can someone ask or suggest why did you call people trash undeservingly be called out instead of the idiot who called people trash.

 

I'm the one you quote? Lol

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

 

They are all good players. I'd go with short maybe setting Brees apart, but Donald is considered short for his position and I think Mahomes is average. 

 

Only difference between the three I can see is race as to why he would say that because they all seem like good people.

 

Maybe you should be quoting him instead of me. Only on this board can someone ask or suggest why did you call people trash undeservingly be called out instead of the idiot who called people trash.

 

I'm the one you quote? Lol

Is quoting offensive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted for all four because the OP set this as a multiple choice poll :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

I voted for all four because the OP set this as a multiple choice poll :devil:

‘Vote early, vote often’  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...