Sign in to follow this  
HOUSE

Rob Gronkowski makes massive donation to Buffalo children's hospital

12 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I work in the Philanthropic center for a well known WNY college and Medical Center.

In my role I write queries and code accessing our entire gift database daily, and help turn data into reports.

Without giving away personal details I can vouch that 50k is by no means a 'massive gift'

You would be surprised how many very wealthy people still call the Thruway cities home or partial home,

and how strong they feel about helping our medical institutions and colleges/ universities.

It's a generous gift by Gronk, and is appreciated, but it is by no means 'massive'

galisano's?

14 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

To summarize: a nice act by a giant douche bag.

Yeah.  Whenever I read about someone donating $50,000 to a children's hospital, the first thing I think is, "what a douchebag!"

A-hole has some real nerve.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

hey, it’s $50k more than I’ve donated to Children’s Hospital!!!

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

You see (not really) ... the funny thing, here, is that you came here saying Gronk wasn't worth your time.  But you took the time to post.  Then people called you out on it.  Now you've proceeded to say (again) that it's not worth your time .... yet ... here you are (again) spending time (key word) posting about it again.

When your mom comes home, have her explain what "irony," is.  Love ya, sweetcheeks!

You see, this is where being smart and having above average reading comprehension come in. I’ll be very clear so you’ll be able to follow this time. 

What i said was, I liked Gronk, then he did what he did and now I think he’s a garbage person. Point one. A perfectly valid response to the topic at hand. 

Separate point, maybe that’s too harsh but I don’t care enough to waste any amount of introspective thought on it. 

Fair enough to any any reasonable/ rational human being. 

I understand that doesn’t fit the funny little narrative you guys have going focusing on the one point but hey, I’m sure it’s rare you get much validation outside of this site, so I’d really hate the truth to stand in the way of your fun. 

So please, carry on. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to shoot fish in a barrel. I mean, you guys are more like stationary fish that just sit in one really unfunny position, but I’ll take what I can get. 

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah.  Whenever I read about someone donating $50,000 to a children's hospital, the first thing I think is, "what a douchebag!"

Please feel free to canonize him.

I stick by my summary.

nice act....by a GIANT douche 😉

39 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It will be meaningless as a tax write-off given his reported income.  No need to split hairs over the description of its size.

I bet you've said that before.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It will be meaningless as a tax write-off given his reported income.  No need to split hairs over the description of its size.

With the new tax laws this may not be true.  I suspect his deductions phase out at his income level.

On 6/18/2019 at 5:30 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

Agree, nice he donated but $50k to him is $50 to most of us. Title is misleading

No offense intended here: I think that's looking at it backwards.  $50k does far, far more for the recipient than $50, so while that may appear to be the case from an outsider's POV, as far as the hospital is concerned $50k from Gronk is in no way/shape/form the same as $50 from one of us.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

You would be correct if that was his only donation. He's spreading his donations around like the "half massive" 25K donation he gave in Maine.

It's not splitting hairs, there are plenty of people who donate much more money than that anonymously. 

17 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I think gronk donating money can have impact on one's life way more than anything that happens on a football field. 

I know you had a point you wanted to make and didn't really care what you quoted to make that point, but your comment doesn't make sense given the ongoing conversation.

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

With the new tax laws this may not be true.  I suspect his deductions phase out at his income level.

New tax law or not, deducting 50k off of (at least) $8.8 million earnings this year won't affect his tax liability in any way he would notice.

7 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

You would be correct if that was his only donation. He's spreading his donations around like the "half massive" 25K donation he gave in Maine.

It's not splitting hairs, there are plenty of people who donate much more money than that anonymously. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, teef said:

galisano's?

As charitable as they are, there are people laying low and very well off.

I definitely like him better as a FORMER New England Patriot.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Gugny said:

Really?

See, the first thing I think of when a giant douche-bag stages a major news event, invites all the media, and takes credit for a small donation that actually came from him and his 4 brothers is...

Even bigger douche-bag.

Edited by The Senator

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

Really?

See, the first thing I think of when a giant douche-bag stages a major news event, invites all the media, and takes credit for a small donation that actually came from him and his 4 brothers is...

Even bigger douche-bag.

I guess I'm focusing on the "$50,000 going to a children's hospital," part.  And in no rational person's universe is that a small donation.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I guess I'm focusing on the "$50,000 going to a children's hospital," part.  And in no rational person's universe is that a small donation.

Well look at it another way...

$50K divided by 5 brother’s. = $10K each.  Douche-bag kicked in $10K. 

My dad’s a retired steelworker, and he’s given more than $10K to Roswell Park. But Channels 2, 4, and 7 didn’t get the story ahead of time.

Gronkowski = Douche-bag

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 2

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:36 PM, RocCityRoller said:

I work in the Philanthropic center for a well known WNY college and Medical Center.

In my role I write queries and code accessing our entire gift database daily, and help turn data into reports.

Without giving away personal details I can vouch that 50k is by no means a 'massive gift'

You would be surprised how many very wealthy people still call the Thruway cities home or partial home,

and how strong they feel about helping our medical institutions and colleges/ universities.

It's a generous gift by Gronk, and is appreciated, but it is by no means 'massive'

Giving large donations to hospital that clear 5-6% margin (that's 10's of millions per year) always seemed a strange way to give away your extra cash.

5 hours ago, The Senator said:

Really?

Even bigger douche-bag.

10 grand is peanuts to Gronk.

The way I see it the Tre White hit was worth more to him because it cost more. 

55 minutes ago, Figster said:

10 grand is peanuts to Gronk.

The way I see it the Tre White hit was worth more to him because it cost more. 

The way I see it is that they are two entirely different things.

And Gronk and his brothers have a foundation together that donates millions of dollars to children's hospitals.  It's not like they "pitched in."

Giving $50,000 to a children's hospital can be seen as NOTHING but a positive.  If anyone can find a negative in it, then Gronk is not the douche in that scenario.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And Gronk and his brothers have a foundation together that donates millions of dollars to children's hospitals.  It's not like they "pitched in."

Giving $50,000 to a children's hospital can be seen as NOTHING but a positive.  If anyone can find a negative in it, then Gronk is not the douche in that scenario.

Good point Gu,

Thanks

I'll never like the guy after the Tre hit, but I can like the millions getting donated.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

it is a positive... 

that still doesn't mean Gronk isn't a blockhead / goofball who mocks the town / city he grew up in. 

• Like (+1) 1