Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HOUSE

Rob Gronkowski makes massive donation to Buffalo children's hospital

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I've always thought that Rob Gronkowski was what was RIGHT for football.  Talented, fun and clean.  The White hit was terrible; but it was an isolated incident for which I refuse to label him.

 

He's a great dude.

Hmmm, I guess you probably think OJ is great dude also, except for his one slip up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Hmmm, I guess you probably think OJ is great dude also, except for his one slip up. 

 

Pretty harsh, there. It’s like hating Larry Bird or Bill Laimbeer for throwing an elbow, or even a punch, in the heat of competition. It’s wrong, and it’s dirty (and the Gronk hit is as DIRTY as I can think of in decades!), but it’s not like taking a knife to go end two lives. Your hyperbole is off the mark here, IMO. 

 

Oh, and OJ has an ugly track record aside from that night. Way off, there, sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That title had me clicking in expecting to see he donated $5Million and I'd have to reconsider hating him.

 

He drops more the $50k on one night in Vegas.

 

Cool story, but not big news.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

Pretty harsh, there. It’s like hating Larry Bird or Bill Laimbeer for throwing an elbow, or even a punch, in the heat of competition. It’s wrong, and it’s dirty (and the Gronk hit is as DIRTY as I can think of in decades!), but it’s not like taking a knife to go end two lives. Your hyperbole is off the mark here, IMO. 

 

Oh, and OJ has an ugly track record aside from that night. Way off, there, sir. 

Trying to cripple someone is way different than throwing an elbow or fist

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When my niece was there..I saw some very tired nurses..man,they are challenged and worked to the bone.

God bless 

Thanks Gronk....you are Warrior blood.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Trying to cripple someone is way different than throwing an elbow or fist

 

It is an emotional moment in the heat of battle, far short of taking a knife across town and slashing throats. My analogy is far closer than yours, which was my point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50,000 is not a massive donation.  Where I work and at this Children's hospital I doubt he even makes the donor wall.  He has enough money he could donate the naming rights for an entire ward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a donation from his Foundation, not his wallet.  Good for the hospital...

Edited by ricojes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez guys. He didn’t have to donate jack ***** yet he did. $50,000 dollars worth which is a large amount for the average fan. Gronk personally isn’t a big spender who will be broke in 3 years after his career like most players. Cut the guy some slack and stop being nitpicking, whiny cry babies. $50,000 is $50,000 and it’s going towards a good cause. 

Edited by Shooter McGavin
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

50,000 is not a massive donation.  Where I work and at this Children's hospital I doubt he even makes the donor wall.  He has enough money he could donate the naming rights for an entire ward.

 

PLEASE, let us not denigrate a significant donation to a great cause.  Is it what I would classify as “massive”? No, of course not. My wife lives in the world of large foundations and endowments. Nothing massive about this for someone of that wealth. But that takes ZERO away from what actually happened here. A guy who is leaving the only significant job he has ever  known has just committed a large sum of money to a very good cause. I don’t care if it was $50, I welcome his contribution. Don’t lessen it because he has more money than most of us. 

 

.

7 minutes ago, ricojes said:

It's a donation from his Foundation, not his wallet.  Good for the hospital...

 

Who funded the Foundation? Was it your money? I’ll bet it was mostly money Gronk elected to funnel that way. Good for the hospital indeed, and I won’t discount his contribution in any way. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Augie said:

Who funded the Foundation? Was it your money? I’ll bet it was mostly money Gronk elected to funnel that way. Good for the hospital indeed, and I won’t discount his contribution in any way. 

I believe it was Rob and his brothers that started and run the foundation. 

Edited by ricojes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$50k gift from a guy with that much money is what’s known as a “go away” gift. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Augie said:

It is also generous when you give publicly. $50k is $50k. 

 

Yes like Ralph Wilson did.  He did not need to have donated so much money when he died.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that often befuddles me here is how some many people hate on folks who have made some money. He gives away $50k and people say it could/should be more. WTF? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gugny said:

 

I mentioned it with a purpose; to point out that it was an isolated incident - which it was.

 

And I will maintain, forever, that the worst part of that hit was White's teammates standing by and doing nothing - and never doing anything - in an effort to avenge him.

 

Until he publicly apologizes to White saying it was an uncalled for hit he cannot buy forgiveness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Senator said:

 

So I take that had he broken White’s neck and left him in a Kevin Everett condition, Gronk would not be a great guy, but since White can still walk, Gronk’s a helluva great dude?

 

Are you related to him?

.

As was stated by Gug Gronk did not have a history of dirty play. Instead, he was usually the victim of dirty play throughout his career. He lost his composure and could have seriously hurt White on the play. Fortunately, White did not get seriously injured. He was ultimately suspended for that reckless play. The disciplinary system worked as it was supposed to. 

 

I'm not giving Gronk a pass on that play. But it isn't fair to allow that one play to represent how he usually played the game. In addition,  I'm not going to sneer, as others have done, at his generous donation. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Augie said:

One thing that often befuddles me here is how some many people hate on folks who have made some money. He gives away $50k and people say it could/should be more. WTF? 

 

I’m not saying he didn’t do a good thing, but I’m similarly befuddled by how many are ready to anoint him King of the Benevolent Dummies for this.

 

If this was truly about doing good and not about PR, he would’ve made that gift anonymously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

It is an emotional moment in the heat of battle, far short of taking a knife across town and slashing throats. My analogy is far closer than yours, which was my point. 

Trying to cripple someone is more than being in the heat of the moment. Using your logic though, OJ could argue that he was in the heat of the moment also. Your analogy really down plays how vicious and despicable Gronk was... he was borderline psychopathic criminal. Your point isn’t nearly as close as you think, which is my point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Trying to cripple someone is more than being in the heat of the moment. Using your logic though, OJ could argue that he was in the heat of the moment also. Your analogy really down plays how vicious and despicable Gronk was... he was borderline psychopathic criminal. Your point isn’t nearly as close as you think, which is my point. 

 

No, one happened during a play in a heated game. The other required a trip to go visit someone with a knife and gloves. Don’t embarrass yourself. I am NOT excusing Gronk, but take a step back and review. 

7 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

 

I’m not saying he didn’t do a good thing, but I’m similarly befuddled by how many are ready to anoint him King of the Benevolent Dummies for this.

 

If this was truly about doing good and not about PR, he would’ve made that gift anonymously. 

 

I don’t get why doing it anonymously makes it better. How many college buildings or fields are named after families? It’s almost like you LOSE points for making it public. That’s just wrong. Be generous, and appreciate those who are generous. 

 

If you don’t want to like or appreciate him or his gift, that’s fine. Nobody asked for that. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

 

I’m not saying he didn’t do a good thing, but I’m similarly befuddled by how many are ready to anoint him King of the Benevolent Dummies for this.

 

If this was truly about doing good and not about PR, he would’ve made that gift anonymously. 

Pretty sure since it is from the Gronk Nation Foundation, it cannot be anonymous.

Edited by ricojes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...