Rob Gronkowski makes massive donation to Buffalo children's hospital

17 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I think gronk donating money can have impact on one's life way more than anything that happens on a football field. 

I know you had a point you wanted to make and didn't really care what you quoted to make that point, but your comment doesn't make sense given the ongoing conversation.

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

With the new tax laws this may not be true.  I suspect his deductions phase out at his income level.

New tax law or not, deducting 50k off of (at least) $8.8 million earnings this year won't affect his tax liability in any way he would notice.

7 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

You would be correct if that was his only donation. He's spreading his donations around like the "half massive" 25K donation he gave in Maine.

It's not splitting hairs, there are plenty of people who donate much more money than that anonymously. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yeah.  Whenever I read about someone donating $50,000 to a children's hospital, the first thing I think is, "what a douchebag!"

A-hole has some real nerve.

Really?

See, the first thing I think of when a giant douche-bag stages a major news event, invites all the media, and takes credit for a small donation that actually came from him and his 4 brothers is...

Even bigger douche-bag.

Edited by The Senator

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

Really?

See, the first thing I think of when a giant douche-bag stages a major news event, invites all the media, and takes credit for a small donation that actually came from him and his 4 brothers is...

Even bigger douche-bag.

I guess I'm focusing on the "$50,000 going to a children's hospital," part.  And in no rational person's universe is that a small donation.

30 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I guess I'm focusing on the "$50,000 going to a children's hospital," part.  And in no rational person's universe is that a small donation.

Well look at it another way...

$50K divided by 5 brother’s. = $10K each.  Douche-bag kicked in $10K. 

My dad’s a retired steelworker, and he’s given more than $10K to Roswell Park. But Channels 2, 4, and 7 didn’t get the story ahead of time.

Gronkowski = Douche-bag

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 2

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:36 PM, RocCityRoller said:

I work in the Philanthropic center for a well known WNY college and Medical Center.

In my role I write queries and code accessing our entire gift database daily, and help turn data into reports.

Without giving away personal details I can vouch that 50k is by no means a 'massive gift'

You would be surprised how many very wealthy people still call the Thruway cities home or partial home,

and how strong they feel about helping our medical institutions and colleges/ universities.

It's a generous gift by Gronk, and is appreciated, but it is by no means 'massive'

Giving large donations to hospital that clear 5-6% margin (that's 10's of millions per year) always seemed a strange way to give away your extra cash.

5 hours ago, The Senator said:

Really?

Even bigger douche-bag.

10 grand is peanuts to Gronk.

The way I see it the Tre White hit was worth more to him because it cost more. 

55 minutes ago, Figster said:

10 grand is peanuts to Gronk.

The way I see it the Tre White hit was worth more to him because it cost more. 

The way I see it is that they are two entirely different things.

And Gronk and his brothers have a foundation together that donates millions of dollars to children's hospitals.  It's not like they "pitched in."

Giving $50,000 to a children's hospital can be seen as NOTHING but a positive.  If anyone can find a negative in it, then Gronk is not the douche in that scenario.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And Gronk and his brothers have a foundation together that donates millions of dollars to children's hospitals.  It's not like they "pitched in."

Giving $50,000 to a children's hospital can be seen as NOTHING but a positive.  If anyone can find a negative in it, then Gronk is not the douche in that scenario.

Good point Gu,

Thanks

I'll never like the guy after the Tre hit, but I can like the millions getting donated.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

it is a positive... 

that still doesn't mean Gronk isn't a blockhead / goofball who mocks the town / city he grew up in. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Millions?  That WOULD be ‘massive’.

I guess if they’ve hit $2M, you can use the plural, but doling it out $25-50K at a time as they do, you’d best stick to ‘a couple hundred thousand’.

EDIT:  I never meant to imply that he and his brothers are ‘douches’ for minimally donating to Children’s Hospitals in any community where they may have a vested interest.

I only meant to emphatically state that Gronk is a total douche-bag, period.

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 2

I don’t like him because of that cheap shot on Tre’Davious but I respect his play outside of that and do understand his attitude on his hometown passing on him in the draft. If it were me I would want to punish Buffalo for doing that. As far as the donation goes he’s got my respect and I feel that it’s wrong for anybody to criticize or minimize it. The guy didn’t have to do it but he did so kudos to him.

• Like (+1) 1