Rob Gronkowski makes massive donation to Buffalo children's hospital

34 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I love when three geeks get together and like each others comments. I bet it makes them feel really cool and popular for a hot minute. 

ZOMG! I’m being so funny, I’m posting something similar to that other guys post so I must be right! 

I used to like Gronk. Now he’s garbage. It’s not worth my time to delve any deeper than that. 

Ill go with my gut in this one, feel free to play comment soggy bread all over my post. You guys seem to really enjoy that. 

Oh and btw, Gronk would bully you and call you names behind your back. Guaranteed. 

Stop and get a life, I think you are very bored!

Really, is NFL football the only thing many of you have going!

19 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Stop and get a life, I think you are very bored!

Really, is NFL football the only thing many of you have going!

If Brady donated a g for every win he had over the Bills to children's hospital I'd be happy.

Their is a definite difference in matter of importance.

I work in the Philanthropic center for a well known WNY college and Medical Center.

In my role I write queries and code accessing our entire gift database daily, and help turn data into reports.

Without giving away personal details I can vouch that 50k is by no means a 'massive gift'

You would be surprised how many very wealthy people still call the Thruway cities home or partial home,

and how strong they feel about helping our medical institutions and colleges/ universities.

It's a generous gift by Gronk, and is appreciated, but it is by no means 'massive'

3 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I love when three geeks get together and like each others comments. I bet it makes them feel really cool and popular for a hot minute. 

ZOMG! I’m being so funny, I’m posting something similar to that other guys post so I must be right! 

I used to like Gronk. Now he’s garbage. It’s not worth my time to delve any deeper than that. 

Ill go with my gut in this one, feel free to play comment soggy bread all over my post. You guys seem to really enjoy that. 

Oh and btw, Gronk would bully you and call you names behind your back. Guaranteed. 

You see (not really) ... the funny thing, here, is that you came here saying Gronk wasn't worth your time.  But you took the time to post.  Then people called you out on it.  Now you've proceeded to say (again) that it's not worth your time .... yet ... here you are (again) spending time (key word) posting about it again.

When your mom comes home, have her explain what "irony," is.  Love ya, sweetcheeks!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Still wish Gronk had his career ended with a broken neck/spine. Oh well... nice “massive” donation from your families foundation. Hope you still get put in a wheel chair,( not in a bad way) you giant dooosh. 

Not cool. Never wish harm on anyone.

When you do that, karma has a way of coming home.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, ProcessAccepted said:

I personally wouldn't describe a $50K donation by Gronk as a "Massive" donation. $50K as an image rehab investment and tax write off is probably more appropriate. Glad he gave the money but the description of the donation is a little too hyperbolic 

It will be meaningless as a tax write-off given his reported income.  No need to split hairs over the description of its size.

12 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I work in the Philanthropic center for a well known WNY college and Medical Center.

In my role I write queries and code accessing our entire gift database daily, and help turn data into reports.

Without giving away personal details I can vouch that 50k is by no means a 'massive gift'

You would be surprised how many very wealthy people still call the Thruway cities home or partial home,

and how strong they feel about helping our medical institutions and colleges/ universities.

It's a generous gift by Gronk, and is appreciated, but it is by no means 'massive'

galisano's?

14 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

To summarize: a nice act by a giant douche bag.

Yeah.  Whenever I read about someone donating $50,000 to a children's hospital, the first thing I think is, "what a douchebag!"

A-hole has some real nerve.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

You see (not really) ... the funny thing, here, is that you came here saying Gronk wasn't worth your time.  But you took the time to post.  Then people called you out on it.  Now you've proceeded to say (again) that it's not worth your time .... yet ... here you are (again) spending time (key word) posting about it again.

When your mom comes home, have her explain what "irony," is.  Love ya, sweetcheeks!

You see, this is where being smart and having above average reading comprehension come in. I’ll be very clear so you’ll be able to follow this time. 

What i said was, I liked Gronk, then he did what he did and now I think he’s a garbage person. Point one. A perfectly valid response to the topic at hand. 

Separate point, maybe that’s too harsh but I don’t care enough to waste any amount of introspective thought on it. 

Fair enough to any any reasonable/ rational human being. 

I understand that doesn’t fit the funny little narrative you guys have going focusing on the one point but hey, I’m sure it’s rare you get much validation outside of this site, so I’d really hate the truth to stand in the way of your fun. 

So please, carry on. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to shoot fish in a barrel. I mean, you guys are more like stationary fish that just sit in one really unfunny position, but I’ll take what I can get. 

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah.  Whenever I read about someone donating $50,000 to a children's hospital, the first thing I think is, "what a douchebag!"

A-hole has some real nerve.

Please feel free to canonize him.

I stick by my summary.

nice act....by a GIANT douche ?

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It will be meaningless as a tax write-off given his reported income.  No need to split hairs over the description of its size.

With the new tax laws this may not be true.  I suspect his deductions phase out at his income level.

On 6/18/2019 at 5:30 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

Agree, nice he donated but $50k to him is $50 to most of us. Title is misleading

No offense intended here: I think that's looking at it backwards.  $50k does far, far more for the recipient than $50, so while that may appear to be the case from an outsider's POV, as far as the hospital is concerned $50k from Gronk is in no way/shape/form the same as $50 from one of us.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

You would be correct if that was his only donation. He's spreading his donations around like the "half massive" 25K donation he gave in Maine.

It's not splitting hairs, there are plenty of people who donate much more money than that anonymously.