Rob Gronkowski makes massive donation to Buffalo children's hospital

49 minutes ago, Rico said:

That’s really nice.

Still, ***** you Gronk.

This is the perfect response! I gave you a trophy and a quoted reply... this was a great donation from a giant doooosh bag. Wish he would have had his career ended by a late forearm to the back of his neck, but we weren’t that lucky... at least this cheap shotting, illegal pick setting monstrosity is no longer suiting up. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know I'm in the minority, but I've always thought that Rob Gronkowski was what was RIGHT for football.  Talented, fun and clean.  The White hit was terrible; but it was an isolated incident for which I refuse to label him.

He's a great dude.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I've always thought that Rob Gronkowski was what was RIGHT for football.  Talented, fun and clean.  The White hit was terrible; but it was an isolated incident for which I refuse to label him.

He's a great dude.

Yep, he’s a great dude, and this sh* t was what was RIGHT for football...

Just now, The Senator said:

Yep, he’s a great dude, and this sh* t was what was RIGHT for football...

I mentioned it with a purpose; to point out that it was an isolated incident - which it was.

And I will maintain, forever, that the worst part of that hit was White's teammates standing by and doing nothing - and never doing anything - in an effort to avenge him.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I mentioned it with a purpose; to point out that it was an isolated incident - which it was.

And I will maintain, forever, that the worst part of that hit was White's teammates standing by and doing nothing - and never doing anything - in an effort to avenge him.

White’s teammates did nothing?  I must have been watching a different game...

“Four penalties were assessed on the play:

• Unnecessary roughness against Gronkowski
  • Unnecessary roughness on Bills S Micah Hyde
  • Unnecessary roughness against Patriots WR Danny Amendola
  • Unsportsmanlike conduct on Bills DE Jerry Hughes

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/12/3/16730586/rob-gronkowski-cheap-shot-video-bills-patriots

The Competition Committee has clearly expressed it’s goal of ‘eliminating flagrant hits that have no place in our game.’ Those hits include the play you were involved in yesterday.”

Given the line the league has drawn over other, similar infractions, putting Gronk on the shelf for a week was at least consistent. Gronk appealed his suspension, but on Tuesday afternoon, the league denied his appeal. He’ll be out Monday night against the Dolphins.

White will be back on the field when the Bills face the Colts this week. He cleared the concussion protocol on Thursday. He said that Gronkowski’s shot was dirty.

He could have broken my neck,” White said. “I’ve got a son to raise. People don’t think about that when they react.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It was up to Barry Church to avenge Gronk's dirty and illegal forearm to Tre White.

Just now, The Senator said:

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/12/3/16730586/rob-gronkowski-cheap-shot-video-bills-patriots

The Competition Committee has clearly expressed it’s goal of ‘eliminating flagrant hits that have no place in our game.’ Those hits include the play you were involved in yesterday.”

Given the line the league has drawn over other, similar infractions, putting Gronk on the shelf for a week was at least consistent. Gronk appealed his suspension, but on Tuesday afternoon, the league denied his appeal. He’ll be out Monday night against the Dolphins.

White will be back on the field when the Bills face the Colts this week. He cleared the concussion protocol on Thursday. He said that Gronkowski’s shot was dirty.

He could have broken my neck,” White said. “I’ve got a son to raise. People don’t think about that when they react.”

I saw what happened and what didn't happen.  They didn't do crap.

I am certainly not denying that it was a dirty hit.  It was horrible.  Among the worst I've seen.

But it was one hit.  Out of an otherwise clean career.  He made a mistake.  He lost his cool.  Luckily, White is okay.

But it does not make Gronk a dirty player; nor does it make him a bad person.  It makes him an excellent player and a great guy who made a terrible error in judgment.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I am certainly not denying that it was a dirty hit.  It was horrible.  Among the worst I've seen.

But it was one hit.  Out of an otherwise clean career.  He made a mistake.  He lost his cool.  Luckily, White is okay.

But it does not make Gronk a dirty player; nor does it make him a bad person.  It makes him an excellent player and a great guy who made a terrible error in judgment.

So I take that had he broken White’s neck and left him in a Kevin Everett condition, Gronk would not be a great guy, but since White can still walk, Gronk’s a helluva great dude?

Are you related to him?

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Naw. They did next to nothing to Gronkowski in retaliation; the most done was Jordan Poyer giving Gronkowski a half-shove. 

Just the other day I was thinking about how ridiculed Jordan Mills was by fans from time to time, about his ability as a blocker, and then recalling how he always had his guys' backs.

Mills probably would've been the guy retaliating against Gronkowski if in the area of the offense.

Say what you will about him, Jordan Mills always had his teammates' backs. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Too much logic and maturity, stop! Your rattling brains here!

• Thank you (+1) 1

While its easy for us Bills fans to dump on Gronk for all the times he'd own our team, its not his fault we didnt draft him. I always thought the hate towards him was misplaced.

We friggin drafted Torell Troupe 1 pick before Gronk went to NE. If anything we shouldve been more livid at our GM than him. Cant blame him for 1 second wanting to make us pay everytime he stepped on the field.

Sure you can be pissed at the dirty hit on Tre & heck i was too, it was total bs. But i always thought it was a Billsy fan reaction to hate the guy. Dudes literally said a bunch of times how it was "cool" his hometown passed him twice in the draft & that he remembered it everytime he played us.

Its a little different but thank the Gods Khalil Mack doesnt play in our division or he'd be crushing us too. Maybe throwing shade is like an emotional coping response people have to get thru the hard times idk. But anyways thanks for the donation Gronk. Dudes made donations to causes in WNY thruout his career, so its nice to see him still giving back. Its not just the money, its also the attention of him being there that counts.

3 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I personally wouldn't describe a $50K donation by Gronk as a "Massive" donation. $50K as an image rehab investment and tax write off is probably more appropriate. Glad he gave the money but the description of the donation is a little too hyperbolic 

It's a great gesture. Criticizing a donation is an absolutely awful move.

Sure it's not the 10 mil PK gave, but 50k is nothing to belittle. 

How much do you give?

4 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I personally wouldn't describe a $50K donation by Gronk as a "Massive" donation. $50K as an image rehab investment and tax write off is probably more appropriate. Glad he gave the money but the description of the donation is a little too hyperbolic 

He didn’t have to donate anything - and I am sure he has made other donations elsewhere. I think it was a pretty nice thing he did - I am a Kaleida employee and I am sure that money will be put to good use for the kids.

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

Russ Salvatore his given 10X that much to virtually every hospital in Buffalo - Mercy, ECMC, BuffGen/Gates Vascular Ctr., Roswell Park Cancer Ctr., Oishei Chlidrens Hospital, all got at least a $half-million$ each.

(OK, so Sisters Hospital only got $250K)

So $50K a “massive” donation?  I think not.

Yeah, it was generous of Gronk, but also self-serving - and he’s still an ass!

I can't believe people are criticizing charity.

I'm not a fan of his, but I'm not gonna say hey why not more. 

Plenty athletes and people have donated more, many more have donated less. 

Charity to a good cause is good with me. Be it a $1 or $1,000,000.

4 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Im sure those children wont look a gift horse in the mouth.