Rob Gronkowski makes massive donation to Buffalo children's hospital

Image result for rob gronkowski

Buffalo fans relentlessly booed him whenever they got the chance.

Now officially retired from the game of professional football, former New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is giving back to the community that helped shape him into the person he is today.

The Amherst native, who torched the Bills for 1,070 yards and 12 touchdowns throughout his nine-year NFL career, returned home last weekend, attending a charity event and catching up with childhood friends.

He also donated $50,000 to Oishei Children’s Hospital.

The three-time Super Bowl champion presented the hospital with the generous donation on Monday.

“Now that I’m retired, Buffalo kind of accepts me a little bit more,” Gronkowski said. “We were out Saturday night, and they were all giving cheers at a charity event and everything.

Like this article?

Sign up for the Bills Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning

“It was cool to finally be accepted once again where I grew up, so I decided I’ll come back and start giving back now, alright?,” he added.

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 10

I personally wouldn't describe a $50K donation by Gronk as a "Massive" donation. $50K as an image rehab investment and tax write off is probably more appropriate. Glad he gave the money but the description of the donation is a little too hyperbolic 

• Like (+1) 23
  • Thank you (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I personally wouldn't describe a $50K donation by Gronk as a "Massive" donation. $50K as an image rehab investment and tax write off is probably more appropriate. Glad he gave the money but the description of the donation is a little too hyperbolic 

Agree, nice he donated but $50k to him is $50 to most of us. Title is misleading

Edited by Mike in Horseheads
  • Like (+1) 4

17 hours ago, Bangarang said:

If Gronk is trying to buy my love, it's working.

He wants to be able to come home to see family......safely. ?

I don’t hate him for being good on our evil nemesis. I also won’t hold him eternally in contempt for an egregious hit on Tre. We all make mistakes, especially in the heat of the moment. This is a great gesture and will help real people. It’s not “massive” if you are in that economic circle, but I won’t diminish it in any way. Well done! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Russ Salvatore his given 10X that much to virtually every hospital in Buffalo - Mercy, ECMC, BuffGen/Gates Vascular Ctr., Roswell Park Cancer Ctr., Oishei Chlidrens Hospital, all got at least a $half-million$ each.

(OK, so Sisters Hospital only got $250K)

So $50K a “massive” donation?  I think not.

Yeah, it was generous of Gronk, but also self-serving - and he’s still an ass!

• Like (+1) 7

...if what has been reported about him is accurate, he has NEVER touched one dime of his $53.79 mil in career earnings......pretty damn remarkable fiscal discipline....so charitable contributions and support are at his whim....good show Gronk....flip side is THE one Latrell Spreewell, who said when NBA Timberwolves offered him $14 mil a year, " I have a family to feed"....azz clown lost everything including all of his exorbitant excesses.....who cares....