The Athletic - $24 for 1 year - today only

I know there are a lot of folks that hate paying for content...but both The Athletic and the Buffalo News Bills Blitz are worth it to me.  Its far less than my combined subscriptions were to Sports Illustrated, the Sporting News and The Bills Digest were back in the cave man days.  Tim Graham's interview with Josh Allen and Vic Carruci's story on John Brown (both today) are really worth the price of admission.

Sorry if this offends the Internet content should be free crowd...

• Like (+1) 7

17 minutes ago, Jukester said:

To celebrate their 1 year Buffalo anniversary.  Not sure if this link will work for all but try it out.

Link

Awesome.  Have wanted to check the Athletic out for a long time & finally did.

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I know there are a lot of folks that hate paying for content...but both The Athletic and the Buffalo News Bills Blitz are worth it to me.  Its far less than my combined subscriptions were to Sports Illustrated, the Sporting News and The Bills Digest were back in the cave man days.  Tim Graham's interview with Josh Allen and Vic Carruci's story on John Brown (both today) are really worth the price of admission.

What did Josh say?

Well, I signed up. Created a user account with my email and password. Downloaded the app and it wants my to create an account too but says that my email is already used, duh. I click on content on the main page and it keeps prompting me to create an account. Cant seem to make it recognize the account I already created and paid for.

FFS! I checked my account. It shows my subscription and payment, along with my team preferences, so I know the account is setup but every article I click gives me the same message.."almost complete, create an account to continue"

Any help? 

Okay, uninstalled the app. That worked.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

What did Josh say?

Lots...

- Better QB room now than last year.  Didn't realize that basically every body but he and offensive assistant Shea Tierney had changed out from the core of the room at the beginning of last season.

- Anderson and Barkley came in just to help and support him.  Alluded that it was different than the Peterman and McCarron dynamic where all three were competing for the same job

- Lots of off the field questions.  Says he really focuses on helping causes - Super Cade; Leukemia and Lymphoma society (Sister works for Central CA chapter)

- The temptations of the role

- Relationship with Barstool Sports -- for which Tim kind of chastised him

- Building relationships with new teammates -- Morse and Beasley were singled out

Its a good read.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, JoeF said:

How about that advertisers should pay crowd?  How much has SDS gotten from them?  Not even an ad I have seen.  Hopefully those pushing it will not force him to automatically rewrite URLs has he has done in past.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Lots...

- Better QB room now than last year.  Didn't realize that basically every body but he and offensive assistant Shea Tierney had changed out from the core of the room at the beginning of last season.

- Anderson and Barkley came in just to help and support him.  Alluded that it was different than the Peterman and McCarron dynamic where all three were competing for the same job

- Lots of off the field questions.  Says he really focuses on helping causes - Super Cade; Leukemia and Lymphoma society (Sister works for Central CA chapter)

- The temptations of the role

- Relationship with Barstool Sports -- for which Tim kind of chastised him

- Building relationships with new teammates -- Morse and Beasley were singled out

Its a good read.

The only thing I got out of that was...he thinks Tyree has more talent than Peterman and McCarron.Any Bulls fan already knew that.Watch Johnson light it up in Fla this season.

Peace.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I signed up for that price....need my bills news out here on the West Coast

Damn...I thought you were Riverside in Buffalo.

Ha..put Riverside,California on you local.

Edited by Misterbluesky

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

that's probably $23 dollars too much.

I'm only getting the sub because of Vic Carruci,he's legit and get's hot as a insider.Graham is Ok IMO...sometimes he drifts into Sullivan-like negative talk...he did it when the two of them teamed up with Javad on (Wgrz-NBC 2).

Anyway..the full year is the price of a delivered pizza.

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm only getting the sub because of Vic Carruci,he's legit and get's hot as a insider.Graham is Ok IMO...sometimes he drifts into Sullivan-like negative talk...he did it when the two of them teamed up with Javad on (Wgrz-NBC 2).

Anyway..the full year is the price of a delivered pizza.

Well it is if you are in market which over prices the pizza. Never paid $24 for a pizza including driver tip.

4 minutes ago, CBD said:

Carucci isn't part of The Athletic

Uh ..oh.

false advertising.

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well it is if you are in market which over prices the pizza. Never paid $24 for a pizza including driver tip.

We don't do Domino's or Little Caesar's here.

• Haha (+1) 1