Albums you've listened to the most

There was a Who album a guy down the hall would listen to when he would lock up with a girl named Henriette for days at a time. She had an amazing body, and a face that would frighten small children. She drove a taxi when not in school or boinking my hall mate. The album just played over and over and....

I thought I turned the station every time The Who came on because we attended the concert where those young people died, but maybe it’s because it wore me out trying to drown out the sounds of hot body/ugly faced Henriette? 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

There was a Who album a guy down the hall would listen to when he would lock up with a girl named Henriette for days at a time. She had an amazing body, and a face that would frighten small children. She drove a taxi when not in school or boinking my hall mate. The album just played over and over and....

I thought I turned the station every time The Who came on because we attended the concert where those young people died, but maybe it’s because it wore me out trying to drown out the sounds of hot body/ugly faced Henriette? 

My uncle told me he went camping with some friends in the mid 70s. Middle of the woods. No radio. No records. Just one guy who happened to have a copy of “Who’s Next” on 8 Track. So they just played it all weekend long. Hasn’t listened to a song from that album voluntarily since. 

6 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

My uncle told me he went camping with some friends in the mid 70s. Middle of the woods. No radio. No records. Just one guy who happened to have a copy of “Who’s Next” on 8 Track. So they just played it all weekend long. Hasn’t listened to a song from that album voluntarily since. 

Is your uncle's name Bobby Trippe?

1 hour ago, bdutton said:

The Cure - Disintegration 

The Cure - Wish

Led Zeppelin - OK

Led Zeppelin - Presence

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon

What is Zep OK?

As a record collector, this topic is of interest to me. 

I have a clarification question; is this an "album" that was on tape, CD, or digital, or an actual piece of vinyl?

28 minutes ago, T&C said:

The entire catalog of The Mothers of Invention/The Mothers on the Verve and Bizarre labels.

My record store guy LOVES Zappa.......that stuff is SO weird. Technically brilliant, but way out in space.

Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon

Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

CSN&Y - Deja Vu

Grateful Dead - Dead Set

Grateful Dead - Europe 72

Lynyrd Skynyrd - One more from the road

Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks

The Doors - The Doors

Bob Marley and the Wailers - Legend

Yes - Yessongs

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

As a record collector, this topic is of interest to me. 

I have a clarification question; is this an "album" that was on tape, CD, or digital, or an actual piece of vinyl?

My record store guy LOVES Zappa.......that stuff is SO weird. Technically brilliant, but way out in space.

I'm going with vinyl... there was/is a thread on vinyl from a year or two ago. I've been a collector/dealer for 40 years so making a list is kind of pointless for me anyways, probably you too.

Zappa isn't that weird, a lot of people don't understand WHY he wrote what he did... he did write differently than anyone else though. This is for sure my one most played album ever... a sarcastic funny lampoon on hippies, parenthood, drugs, the Beatles, etc. along with some childhood memories. From 1968:

1 hour ago, T&C said:

I'm going with vinyl... there was/is a thread on vinyl from a year or two ago. I've been a collector/dealer for 40 years so making a list is kind of pointless for me anyways, probably you too.

Zappa isn't that weird, a lot of people don't understand WHY he wrote what he did... he did write differently than anyone else though. This is for sure my one most played album ever... a sarcastic funny lampoon on hippies, parenthood, drugs, the Beatles, etc. along with some childhood memories. From 1968:

Thanks for clarifying. First off, I have seen that album.........and asked my guy all about it. Fascinating stuff. 

As for my vinyl that I've listened to the most? I've only had them for nearly two years now, so many of your albums already listed would count, but not for vinyl.

I'd say:

Pink Floyd, DSOTM

Elton John, Madman Across the Water

Rolling Stones, Exile on Main Street

Black Crowes, Southern Harmony

Buckingham-Nicks (self titled, the album they recorded in Sound City when Mic Fleetwood discovered them)

David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust

Neil Young, Hitchhiker

Santana, Abraxas

Grateful Dead, Europe '72

Supertramp, Breakfast in America (honestly, the best-sounding album out of them all that I own.)

There are SO many more that I've heard WAY more, but not on vinyl. 

Audio Technica AT-LP120 turntable, with an AT VM540ML cartridge.

• Like (+1) 2