Is it possible that someone could be a real football fan and think the Bills are called the Bulls?

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

No. This is the wrong way to look at it. In every relationship people have interests their significant others don’t share. 

The way way I see it I’d prefer to be with someone that doesn’t like sports. I like my Bills time. Either alone, or with buds. That would change dramatically if she liked it too. 

No thanks. 

If your wife doesn’t allow you to watch sports because she doesn’t like it. That’s not a her problem, that’s a you problem. Grow up, and find a women to be in an adult relationship with. 

that's where i'm at with it.  my wife doesn't have to like sports at all, (although she does get into the behind the scenes drama of it) and that's fine.  i think i like 30% of the ***** she likes.  just don't disturb or have a problem with something i enjoy.  it's good to have some separate interests.  you each go and do your own thing, and when it's time to hang out and give her the noise, everyone is in a bit better place.

8 minutes ago, teef said:

that's where i'm at with it.  my wife doesn't have to like sports at all, (although she does get into the behind the scenes drama of it) and that's fine.  i think i like 30% of the ***** she likes.  just don't disturb or have a problem with something i enjoy.  it's good to have some separate interests.  you each go and do your own thing, and when it's time to hang out and give her the noise, everyone is in a bit better place.

Don't act like you don't take her to Geva...

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Don't act like you don't take her to Geva...

we actually had season tickets to the auditorium (plays and musicals) for a few years.  there was a good balance though.  90% of the time she took her mom or one of her girlfriends.  they'd go out to dinner and drinks, then to the show.  i would have to go to 1 or 2 a year, which was do-able.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, teef said:

we actually had season tickets to the auditorium (plays and musicals) for a few years.  there was a good balance though.  90% of the time she took her mom or one of her girlfriends.  they'd go out to dinner and drinks, then to the show.  i would have to go to 1 or 2 a year, which was do-able.

Spoken like a true,loving seasoned husband.?

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/18/2019 at 9:19 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

I once had someone try to fix me up with a woman who she knew but not very well.  We started by talking on the phone.  Back in those days I had season tickets & never missed a Bills home game .   At one point she asked me "What's going to happen when you can't go to games any longer? "  We never made it to a 1st date.  A few weeks later I ran into the woman who tried to fix us up.  By that time she had gotten to know the other woman better & when I told her I never went out with the woman she fixed me up with and I had to tell the woman she was too depressing for me to date with she said "Good, she's crazy, she calls me up in the mornings, curses me out & hangs up"  

So yes, it's always better to run away from someone who gives you the  “I have no interest in sports” line, especially if she's planning on a future when she's going to cut off your sports before you've even been on a 1st date.  

What you described isn't her just saying, "I have no interest in sports," it's "I have no interest in sports and therefore you'll have to stop watching sports." In that case, yes - run away.

But her having no interest in sports, in and of itself, is not a reason to ditch her. My wife has no interest in sports but she has no problem with me watching football. She'll even watch a game with me now and then. We've been together for 32 years and I'm glad I didn't run away when she said she wasn't interested in sports.

9 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

What you described isn't her just saying, "I have no interest in sports," it's "I have no interest in sports and therefore you'll have to stop watching sports." In that case, yes - run away.

But her having no interest in sports, in and of itself, is not a reason to ditch her. My wife has no interest in sports but she has no problem with me watching football. She'll even watch a game with me now and then. We've been together for 32 years and I'm glad I didn't run away when she said she wasn't interested in sports.

I like to watch at home with my brother(blood)..and a friend or two..brother in law included.They bring some things over..we have food..nothing special and we WATCH the game.It's fun without the stupid chatter...

3rd and 6 at our 38 yard line...pivotal talk happens..line talk etc

Not...Jenn is having a surprise birthday party for Timmy on the 8th of October..Saturday at 4.

21 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

the Bulls or the BEEEWW'S?

Do you stay awake for the second half's of the 4 o'clock games...

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Agreed. My wife has no interest in sports, not even those popular where she came from, but encourages me to go out and watch game with friends.

She even has been to a few preseason games.

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I like to watch at home with my brother(blood)..and a friend or two..brother in law included.They bring some things over..we have food..nothing special and we WATCH the game.It's fun without the stupid chatter...

3rd and 6 at our 38 yard line...pivotal talk happens..line talk etc

Not...Jenn is having a surprise birthday party for Timmy on the 8th of October..Saturday at 4.

Do you stay awake for the second half's of the 4 o'clock games...

I lived on the Left Coast, for a long time and the 4Pm games were 1PM there.