Is it possible that someone could be a real football fan and think the Bills are called the Bulls?

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If you couldn't figure out if she was faking it about football on the first date ..

you may be using the wrong head to think with 

why isn't this topic on Off The Wall?  

Because it's June?

3 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

So I started seeing this woman, and she claims to be a big football fan -- Ravens in particular. On our first date (already knowing I'm a Bills fan), she literally said "Buffalo Bulls." Did I correct her? Yes, yes I did.

But it got me thinking that she has to be faking being a football fan at all in an effort to win my approval. Is it really possible that a person who watches any decent amount of football (or does any kind of following online or otherwise) could really think it's the Buffalo Bulls? I'm not a baseball fan, but even I would know the names of the teams at least, for example.

Not to mention, the Ravens have been a frequent opponent of the Bills in recent years, including last year's season opener!

Also, there's no way this is a mix-up with UB. Trust me on that one.

I sense fake football fandom and dishonesty! RED FLAGS! Sad.

dump her

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Get rid of her. If she believes the Bills were the Bulls then it's a sign. For one, she really isn't a die hard fan of her "team" or football in general. So, she might ruin your Sundays because she won't want to be watching the Bills game or football all day. 

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

People’s definition of fandom can be deceiving.

Take @Bobby Hooks for instance.

Claims he’s a huge Bills fan. Probably tells everyone he sees that he just loves the Bills.

But you’d be hard pressed to get this guy to name 4 players on the team.

giphy.webp?cid=790b76115d08f242634859414

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You guys are cold.  Just kidding, but if she’s a good person, funny and interesting, I would overlook it, and make a joke of it.  Better to fake being a real football fan than on date 1 say “I have no interest in sports”.

I once had someone try to fix me up with a woman who she knew but not very well.  We started by talking on the phone.  Back in those days I had season tickets & never missed a Bills home game .   At one point she asked me "What's going to happen when you can't go to games any longer? "  We never made it to a 1st date.  A few weeks later I ran into the woman who tried to fix us up.  By that time she had gotten to know the other woman better & when I told her I never went out with the woman she fixed me up with and I had to tell the woman she was too depressing for me to date with she said "Good, she's crazy, she calls me up in the mornings, curses me out & hangs up"  

So yes, it's always better to run away from someone who gives you the  “I have no interest in sports” line, especially if she's planning on a future when she's going to cut off your sports before you've even been on a 1st date.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

People’s definition of fandom can be deceiving.

Take @Bobby Hooks for instance.

Claims he’s a huge Bills fan. Probably tells everyone he sees that he just loves the Bills.

But you’d be hard pressed to get this guy to name 4 players on the team.

The only reason you’re saying this is because that one time I called you out at the bar for having to yell out the players names every time they touched the ball like an insecure girlfriend trying to show she knows the footballs as much as the men folk. 

Its okay, just because you have arms like a 14 year old girl doesn’t mean you are one. 

Also, sexism. 

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

The only reason you’re saying this is because that one time I called you out at the bar for having to yell out the players names every time they touched the ball like an insecure girlfriend trying to show she knows the footballs as much as the men folk. 

Its okay, just because you have arms like a 14 year old girl doesn’t mean you are one. 

Also, sexism. 

200w.webp?cid=790b76115d08fd3c74485a5467

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Also, sexism. 

It’s alarming how close this is to reality.

Classic jayryp80

What is it you want her to know about the Bills?   Our 1 playoff appearance in 18 years or the four straight SuperBowl losses?   

She is willing to be a football fan so the less she knows about the Bills at this point the better.   Our fan base is intoxicating (as well as intoxicated) and addictive so taking her to a game or a backers bar opens the gate for you to sway her onto our spacious bandwagon.  She will be dancing to the Shout song by the end of the first game.   With the team headed in the right direction (arguably to some) it is the perfect opportunity for you.  I know, I swayed a Denver girl into being a Bills fan.

Love the topic, way out of left field.   Go Bills!!!!  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It’s alarming how close this is to reality.

Classic jayryp80

What I wouldn’t give to stand across from you at your kitchen island, drinking moderately priced vino, in sweaters with button down shirts underneath talking about the good old days. 

“Do you remember that time T&See was terrible?” Giggle-giggle-snort

Edited by Bobby Hooks

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

seasons matter not.    

clearly it's "football" related, but not really Buffalo Bills news.  more like a Would ya thread w/o pictures

Should be in the college football forum. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

So I started seeing this woman, and she claims to be a big football fan -- Ravens in particular. On our first date (already knowing I'm a Bills fan), she literally said "Buffalo Bulls." Did I correct her? Yes, yes I did.

But it got me thinking that she has to be faking being a football fan at all in an effort to win my approval. Is it really possible that a person who watches any decent amount of football (or does any kind of following online or otherwise) could really think it's the Buffalo Bulls? I'm not a baseball fan, but even I would know the names of the teams at least, for example.

Not to mention, the Ravens have been a frequent opponent of the Bills in recent years, including last year's season opener!

Also, there's no way this is a mix-up with UB. Trust me on that one.

I sense fake football fandom and dishonesty! RED FLAGS! Sad.

judge not lest ye be judged