Is it possible that someone could be a real football fan and think the Bills are called the Bulls?

So I started seeing this woman, and she claims to be a big football fan -- Ravens in particular. On our first date (already knowing I'm a Bills fan), she literally said "Buffalo Bulls." Did I correct her? Yes, yes I did.

But it got me thinking that she has to be faking being a football fan at all in an effort to win my approval. Is it really possible that a person who watches any decent amount of football (or does any kind of following online or otherwise) could really think it's the Buffalo Bulls? I'm not a baseball fan, but even I would know the names of the teams at least, for example.

Not to mention, the Ravens have been a frequent opponent of the Bills in recent years, including last year's season opener!

Also, there's no way this is a mix-up with UB. Trust me on that one.

I sense fake football fandom and dishonesty! RED FLAGS! Sad.

Edited by The Bills Blog
Clarification
  • Haha (+1) 1

Pic?

Since she faked fandom right out of the gate, you'll never know if she means it when she says, "that was amazing!"  In fact, she'll probably be lying every time she says it.

Pic?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

So I started seeing this woman, and she claims to be a big football fan -- Ravens in particular. On our first date (already knowing I'm a Bills fan), she literally said "Buffalo Bulls." Did I correct her? Yes, yes I did.

But it got me thinking that she has to be faking being a football fan at all in an effort to win my approval. Is it really possible that a person who watches any decent amount of football (or does any kind of following online or otherwise) could really think it's the Buffalo Bulls? I'm not a baseball fan, but even I would know the names of the teams at least, for example.

Not to mention, the Ravens have been a frequent opponent of the Bills in recent years, including last year's season opener!

The Bills are so far out of the national media at this point, I would contend most average general sports fans of all ages (not saying she's one of those, she seems to be an NFL fan in particular) don't realize there is even a franchise in buffalo.   Kind of like a general sports fan in florida probably easily overlooks the fact there is an NHL franchise in Arizona, or Calgary.   that kind of thing.   the Bills are a non-entity from a general media standpoint.  as if they don't exist.   McBeanes are working on that.   Trust the Process. 

44 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Dump her right now.  And find a real Bills fan.  Speaking of which, I have a single daughter that is a rabid fan, as well as a couple eligible nieces that are equally obsessed.  If you're independently wealthy I'd consider setting you up.   

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

You guys are cold.  Just kidding, but if she’s a good person, funny and interesting, I would overlook it, and make a joke of it.  Better to fake being a real football fan than on date 1 say “I have no interest in sports”.

It's not important that she is a sports fan,  it's important that she understands that YOU are a sports fan.

• Like (+1) 3