Matt Parrino Projects The Bills 53 Man Roster

It came out this morning and there’s some interesting things but no really surprises.  He has the Bills keeping 7 WR’s and 4 TE’s.  Maybe they mee 4 TE’s but I don’t see them keeping 7 WR’s.   He has Isiah McKenzie and Duke Williams making the team along with Andre Roberts.   

The only other real surprise is cutting people like Jeremy Sirles and Raphael Bush.  

Good article though...

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/06/buffalo-bills-post-minicamp-53-man-roster-projection.html

I agree with a lot of it, but not all.

I have Perry making the roster over Yeldon due to special teams ability.

I do NOT see the Bills keeping 7 WRs, but would be pleasantly surprised if they did. I think you can subtract one receiver from that list and replace him with a tight end.

i would prefer they break it down as the top 45 or so who will make it and then the next 15 battling for the last 8 slots. i dont know our second tier players well enough to have any clue which of them make it. though i fully expect Sills on PS.

38 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

It came out this morning and there’s some interesting things but no really surprises.  He has the Bills keeping 7 WR’s and 4 TE’s.  Maybe they mee 4 TE’s but I don’t see them keeping 7 WR’s.   He has Isiah McKenzie and Duke Williams making the team along with Andre Roberts.   

The only other real surprise is cutting people like Jeremy Sirles and Raphael Bush.  

Good article though...

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/06/buffalo-bills-post-minicamp-53-man-roster-projection.html

I pretty much agree with all of this

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

I agree with a lot of it, but not all.

I have Perry making the roster over Yeldon due to special teams ability.

I do NOT see the Bills keeping 7 WRs, but would be pleasantly surprised if they did. I think you can subtract one receiver from that list and replace him with a tight end.

You think 6 WR and 5 TE?

id guess we keep 9 not 11 pass catchers 

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Good article though...

Pretty good guess. Agree with you, Yeah I don't know if they keep 7 WR's either. I think maybe six, but we'll see pretty soon for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I pretty much agree with all of this... Bush getting cut makes sense as I think they like Neal in that big nickel role. 

Yeah.  Bush is competent, but nothing special.  I think the Bills think Neal has more upside, not to mention he's a youngster on his rookie deal.

18 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

At the most 10. 11 feels like “I have a bunch of interchangeable guys at the bottom” which means you do less not more to protect them

10 might be a stretch.  I’m thinking it could be as few as 9 (5WR and 4 TE).  The only good thing is that the Bills carry 2 QB’s instead of 3 like last year, it frees up a roster spot

I also think 7 wide receivers is probably a stretch but I've been surprised by the team over the years.  Until I see them in pads, I don't have a strong opinion about any of the potential bubble players.  Sometimes flexible players that can fill multiple roles, cause an unexpected cut.  For instance, if Duke Williams can run the deep seam routes, work the short zones, and be a capable run blocker, maybe he is kept and a TE is cut.  At this point, who really knows?

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

How is DeMarco still making this roster!?!?!

I think that’s within the realm of possibility.  There is talk of the Bills running a lot of 2 TE sets and sometimes 3 TE’s.  That could finish the role of a FB.  Also with more depth at WR, I think you could see more 3 and 4 WR sets as well.  

I know for a fact that McDermott loves the person and player that is Pat DiMarco but he has made tough calls before and I think he should be a realistic contender for a roster cut

• Like (+1) 1