Division Power Rankings: AFC East comes in last

14 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The worst divisions are usually the ones with the least parity. That makes the East the obvious choice... That being said, they could easily be the fastest to flip and turn into one of the most competitive divisions. 

the Pats collapsing would just make the AFC East even more the worst

soon Tommy will be gone and things will change 

Josh looks like he can be the guy.  Many say blockhead Darnold is legit.  Some (still) think that Rosen can be good enough.

that could be 2 maybe 3 long(er) term QB's in the AFCE.   

They could end up like the combinations of Flacco, Dalton and Big Ben.

It's pretty difficult to put the AFC East in front of any other division, top to bottom, at this point, based upon recent history.  Every other division in the AFC has at least two legitimate playoff contenders (Houston/Indy/Jax, KC/LAC, Pitt/Cle/Balt) while the East has two teams fighting for respectability (Buf/NYJ) and one clearly in rebuild mode.  It's possible Miami will have the worst record in the league this season.

13 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Other than the pats would it be all that out of line to say we likely have 2 bad teams and 1 that could possibly break through and be decent?

dolphins look no better than giants/skins. Jets seem unlikely to make a stride. I think we have a shot but are like a less proven Dallas. 

Unless you are putting NE as head and shoulders above philly it’s kind of “meh” to argue the NFCE as worse 

Ya I'm looking at both divisions and feel NE is much better than Philly, Dallas I feel is in the same category as Jets/Bills , Teams with legit potential to make a run. 

Whether you rank Jets or Bills as 3rd in the division , I feel they both are better than Wash and Miami and the Gmen might be equally terrible. 

But I see your point and understand

14 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I disagree with him... I think the Jets, Patriots, and Bills are all going to finish above .500 this season

Seems a bit outlandish but you never know. Last year only one division finished with 3 teams above .500. I am not seeing the Jets rounding out the three, even if NE has a rough year.