Thinking of getting married? Try Halftime at Pats-Bills Game

5 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

You found a good one that's for sure. It's a rare thing these days. I knew at an early age watching the dynamics of my huge family that marriage and children were definitely not for me. And given the state of our culture these days, I feel like I really chose the correct path.

And there’s no “right or wrong”, so that’s perfectly fine. We all have our own lives to live....and we just do the best we can with the tools we have to work with.. 

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s why I’m happy my son is living with his GF and they are taking their time. Marry quickly and you run the risk of not uncovering all the little things that could annoy you to death! Find out first, then decide if you should pull the trigger. My parents would have freaked if I went that path, but my 91 year old mother now see the benefits. 

Since we did NOT live together first, I’m glad we took 5 years to grow together before having kids. That can be a real stresser!  Don’t rush into any aspect of the relationship! 

I've had a live-in GF for 15 years. For me, that is the best scenario. It removes the chances of getting raked over the coals in court. I only spend money on her when I choose to do so as opposed to being obligated to do so.

Edited by MacGyver

2 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I've had a live-in GF for 15 years. For me, that is the best scenario. It removes the chances of getting raked over the coals in court. I only spend mony on her when I choose to do so as opposed to being obligated to do so.

If it works for you both, that’s all that matters! 

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s why I’m happy my son is living with his GF and they are taking their time. Marry quickly and you run the risk of not uncovering all the little things that could annoy you to death! Find out first, then decide if you should pull the trigger. My parents would have freaked if I went that path, but my 91 year old mother now see the benefits. 

Since we did NOT live together first, I’m glad we took 5 years to grow together before having kids. That can be a real stresser!  Don’t rush into any aspect of the relationship! 

that was definitely a sign of the times.  my brother and i both lived with our now wives.  it was tough for my old school catholic mom, but she got over it.  we've always gotten along, but my wife and i had to feel some issues out when we first moved in together.  it helped in the long run.

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

And there’s no “right or wrong”, so that’s perfectly fine. We all have our own lives to live....and we just do the best we can with the tools we have to work with.. 

and this is it.  i knew i wanted kids, so marriage was part of the equation for me.  if i didn't want a family, i'm not sure if i would have gotten married.  

• Like (+1) 1

My daughter's getting married next June and my son and I are desperately trying to convince her how cool this would be....the 70,000 drunks, the beautiful fall weather, probably TV coverage, likely less expensive than a real venue and reception at Hammer's ....so far she's  not going for it....

On 6/17/2019 at 2:29 PM, Just Jack said:

Why not do it at halftime of the Bills/Pats* game?

https://onebuffalo.formstack.com/forms/bills_halftime_wedding_ceremony

Wedding.jpg

Why not?

Because Vontae Davis will be the marrying pastor, she will somehow end up pregnant with Brady's baby during ceremonies, and you'll be going your separate ways, by the start of the 3rd quarter.

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

Why not?

Because Vontae Davis will be the marrying pastor, she will somehow end up pregnant with Brady's baby during ceremonies, and you'll be going your separate ways, by the start of the 3rd quarter.

Why did that remind me of Rosemary’s Baby? 

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Thinking of getting married? Try Halftime at Pats-Bills Game
18 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

However, your post about the woman side of things is a little insensitive.  Out of all the couples I have known who have gone through a divorce it was the woman who was ripped apart and crushed by the process.  It wasn’t their grand plan and they would have given anything to have it the way it was.

Women initiate 70% of divorces in the United States.

It's estimated that 10% of us are wrong about who we think our biological father is.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

Le Batard and Stugotz brought it up today and proceeded to go on a rant about how crazy/cold/desolate Buffalo is.

It starts about the 4:30 mark.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=27008618

That kind of talk is pure ignorance.

I’ve been all over the country.  Western NY is one of the most beautiful areas out there.  I get that the winters can be rough, but I’ll take Buffalo over Miami any ol’ day.