Thinking of getting married? Try Halftime at Pats-Bills Game

39 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Congratz on winning the lottery. I prefer not to play. GF's are the way to go.

I don’t know, my wife and her family might have your point of view on this one!  ? 

I can't imagine this works well unless the wife is as big as, or a bigger football fan than the husband. Anyone pushing this on some poor girl who wanted a nice quiet ceremony is dooming the relationship before it starts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nick the Greek said:

I wanted to propose to my wife on the jumbo tron at RWS. She probably would have said no. Oops! 

I proposed at a 4th of July fireworks display.  I figure that way, not only would my girl associate our romance with fireworks, but I would never forget the date I proposed.  It worked!

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

70,000 drunks at my wedding....just what I always wanted

Related image

And Billy Buffalo, and a Train Horn..................

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

No reason to really get married anymore... Unless you just like spending money.

How does getting married change your spending pattern? On the wedding? The wife is the spender? Not being critical, just not clear about the point. 

My son will be engaged before too long, I think, and it’s an interesting story. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

How does getting married change your spending pattern? On the wedding? The wife is the spender? Not being critical, just not clear about the point. 

My son will be engaged before too long, I think, and it’s an interesting story. 

Wedding and divorce

• Sad 1

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

Wedding and divorce

The priest at my sister’s wedding focused the ceremony on how most marriages end in divorce. It was appalling! They have been married 40+ years now. 

My son’s GF is a young lady we adore! She used to be a wedding planner (now in group sales for a YUGE hotel in downtown Atlanta). She used to do 300+ weddings a year. Crazy Big Azz weddings! She wants something MUCH smaller. Can’t see spending the money on a party for one night when you could put a down payment on a house with the same cash. Love her practical view! Unfortunately, we did a quick list of just our immediate family, and it was a pretty big number. Her family, as one of SIX daughters, is much larger. Her parents gave her a budget, and we’re willing to throw money at it, so it will be interesting to see. They can elope and keep the cash, for all I care. I’d like to be present at some form of ceremony. 

Take your time, and marry wisely. I was an idiot, and just got lucky. I won’t judge at all on divorce. It happens with very good people, and I won’t harp on it the way my sister’s priest did at her wedding. (That was AWFUL!)  Look to the bright side, and try to make it come true. 

Also, consider that a good wife can also be a very good earner. In my case, far better than I could ever have dreamed of personally. 

9 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I am seriously thinking of doing this....it’s just for fun right - You don’t really get married right?

You do get married, and it’s for real. The downside is, we get to start a poll and we get to decide which poster from TBD you get married to. It’s a serious crap shoot.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

You do get married, and it’s for real. The downside is, we get to start a poll and we get to decide which poster from TBD you get married to. It’s a serious crap shoot.  

joe in Winslow

barbarian

boyst

mrags

Exiled 

vote now 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I am seriously thinking of doing this....it’s just for fun right - You don’t really get married right?

Marriage and "just for fun" are seldom used in the same sentence.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

joe in Winslow

barbarian

boyst

mrags

Exiled 

vote now 

Joe is "standing on a corner" and about to be picked up, boyst is in the witness protection program and I wouldn't wish Exiled on anyone, not even himself. I can't tell you about the other two, but maybe they'd be good for each other?