Thinking of getting married? Try Halftime at Pats-Bills Game

When I got married, I told my Filipina wife that part of the deal was that she had to be a Bills fan.   It was not negotiable.  Not knowing much about American football, or any sport, she easily agreed.

Over the years, though, she's come to realize what I got her into: all the false dreams, scorched hopes, and ruined Sundays.  A couple years ago, after commenting on the all the negative consequences of being a Bills fan, she suggested, "Why don't we root for the Seahawks instead?"  I just silently glared at her with the most evil expression I could muster.  

More recently, however, she's developed an appreciation for the loyalty & camaraderie of the Bills mafia.  Sometimes we hang out with the Bills Backers of Seattle and she feeds off the good will and unfounded optimism.   And whenever we visit my relatives in Buffalo, she makes sure we include a stop at the Bills gift store at the stadium and she proudly wears the gear she buys.  

She'd  probably think renewing our vows at halftime would be a great idea - if that was allowed.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Why not do it at halftime of the Bills/Pats* game?

https://onebuffalo.formstack.com/forms/bills_halftime_wedding_ceremony

Wedding.jpg

I'm getting married on October 12 of this year, my fiancée sent me this and I immediately said "nope" and while we both like the Bills to me this be the most un-personal thing we can do on our special day.  

• Like (+1) 1

That’s just the stupidest idea to come from One Bills Drive since Russ Brandon.

I’d much rather watch something entertaining, like paint drying.

Oh well, sounds like a great opportunity for a nice long half-time dump - bet all the stalls will be full.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

A "bare bones" protestant wedding takes about 10 minutes if you do all the parts.  I like it when it takes a half hour or more with the addition of music, Bible readings, a brief homily etc.  I imagine that it could be done so parts of it took place outside of the stadium before the game, and then you just did the vows at half time.  You can do the vows in about 2 minutes.

i know you are right but i have yet to meet a girl who would agree to that but the girl who would agree would likely be a keeper!!

55 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

When I got married, I told my Filipina wife that part of the deal was that she had to be a Bills fan.   It was not negotiable.  Not knowing much about American football, or any sport, she easily agreed.

Over the years, though, she's come to realize what I got her into: all the false dreams, scorched hopes, and ruined Sundays.  A couple years ago, after commenting on the all the negative consequences of being a Bills fan, she suggested, "Why don't we root for the Seahawks instead?"  I just silently glared at her with the most evil expression I could muster.  

More recently, however, she's developed an appreciation for the loyalty & camaraderie of the Bills mafia.  Sometimes we hang out with the Bills Backers of Seattle and she feeds off the good will and unfounded optimism.   And whenever we visit my relatives in Buffalo, she makes sure we include a stop at the Bills gift store at the stadium and she proudly wears the gear she buys.  

She'd  probably think renewing our vows at halftime would be a great idea - if that was allowed.  

they should allow people to renew their vows at halftime- the year after they win the super bowl and everyone is happy about the Bills.

6 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

I wanted to propose to my wife on the jumbo tron at RWS. She probably would have said no. Oops! 

But it would have been so memorable for so many of us! Why be so selfish?   ?

• Like (+1) 1