TC Predictions: When the pads come on, who will excel, who will struggle?

I think Joseph is gonna flash, especially in the Pre-season games. The guy plays with serious aggression and is as athletic as they come. I expect him to have some "wow" hits out there and make some noise to get playing time. 

15 hours ago, CommonCents said:

That chicken leg WR that half of the board loves will struggle. 

Sheldon Cooper is on the team?!

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

In the battle of Cory/Corey punters: Cory Carter out punts and out passes Corey Bojorquez.

Yes, but they have to punt ‘left footed’.  Better ‘english’ on the ball.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Ray-Ray McCloud will disappear. Quinton Spain will show why he is just in a totally different league to Long and Feliciano. 

Reading some of the Titans fans reactions to the Bills signing him, playing weight will be key for him. Hopefully he comes back in shape.

Darryl Johnson, struggle early, but will challenge Yarbrough and Love.

Tyree Jackson, struggle, with the arrow down.

Vosean Joseph, excel

7 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Reading some of the Titans fans reactions to the Bills signing him, playing weight will be key for him. Hopefully he comes back in shape.

Yea he can get on the lardy side but he is just better than the other two and Teller.

Like some of you have already indicated, I expect Cody Ford to struggle early.  The learning curve for o-line is usually a lot longer than many other positions.  He will have to deal with the complex mental part of the o-line game and also the speed/physicality of line play in the NFL.  I believe he will eventually be a very good player and will be the long term answer at right tackle.  I also think McD will not take a chance on Allen's well-being until he is convinced that Ford is up to the job.  Since they have decent options at this point, Ford doesn't have to be thrown in the fire.

17 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

is this disguised as a Duke williams thread.. ?

The O linemen would best benefit from playing with pads i might think ?

so maybe Ty and Cody Ford will endear themselves to us fans after all. Maybe Waddle just blows it up. Spain should be able to show something.

i expect Ed  to look real good and then not so much at TC. he has much to learn about nuances. 

Edmunds is the guy i hope takes the  leap and it shows up in camp

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I was thinking the same thing, but it’s the dead time for five weeks so it’s a struggle to have any unique topics.  I do hope Williams can be a reclamation project, but for the purposes of the question, Brown and Beasley will excel.  Beasley will get open underneath and with an improved line, Allen will take a step forward hitting him over the middle.  He also has now two deep threats in Brown and Foster, but Brown has a lot more experience.

Should be a fun season.

To be clear, I maybe did have Williams in mind, myself, when I started the thread (because I believe he will benefit from practices where he is allowed to be physical), but I certainly didn't want this to become a thread about him. There has been so much hand wringing, analysis, prediction, and declaration from the tiny amount we have seen in OTAs and minicamp, with no pads, or hitting, that I thought it would be an interesting discussion on how different players would benefit, or worsen once the real hitting started. 

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

To be clear, I maybe did have Williams in mind, myself, when I started the thread (because I believe he will benefit from practices where he is allowed to be physical), but I certainly didn't want this to become a thread about him. There has been so much hand wringing, analysis, prediction, and declaration from the tiny amount we have seen in OTAs and minicamp, with no pads, or hitting, that I thought it would be an interesting discussion on how different players would benefit, or worsen once the real hitting started. 

i was kidding Rocky

: )

fine topic  worth discussion

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not sure I understand the premise of the thread......."no pads versus pads" is non-sequitor in McDermott's "process world"....damn well better show up to work regardless of your garb?.....did I miss something (as usual)?.............

Well, some players might look a lot better in OTAs when they know they’re not going to get tackled by Edmunds, for example. Linemen, especially, will look a lot different when the pads come on— they’re literally not allowed to do their jobs during OTAs. 

Maybe we’ll get a better glimpse of how much Jones’ increased upper body strength will help his game when Tre White is able to make contact?

And, obviously, McD is aware of this. It’s part of his process. 

Feliciano is rumored to have a real mean streak. Hopefully Ed Oliver will give us some eye popping moments when the pads go on. Let's hope so. V Joseph plays with attitude as well. Thing is, they're all teammates. To me, the preseason games are all about finding out how well guys in pads will hit guys in pads from other teams.

One guy that's going to get the recognition he deserves is Taron Johnson . As long as that shoulder isn't a career issue, he's going to be very special.

And he's extremely physical, he's going to pop out oncythose pads come on now that he's basically a lock for the nickel. McD can get very creative with the coverages/blitzes with all this high end talent in the secondary

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/16/2019 at 11:37 PM, Doc Brown said:

Tyree Jackson will be fun to watch.  Still surprised nobody took him in the later rounds.

I think he'll be a shitshow...but that could still be fun to watch.

On 6/16/2019 at 4:46 PM, Buffalo Boy said:

My main feeling is , The FO has brought in enough talent at just about all the positions that regardless of who struggles someone will step up.

I especially think this is true at Receiver and O Line.

My main concern: Milano!!!

That was a brutal fracture and legs are kind of important for a Linebacker. I hope I’m wrong but don’t see him playing at last years level for much if not all of the year.

^^^^^This. We really need him to repeat his form from last year, and I worry that his aggressive nose for the ball(carrier) may fall off some--hope I'm wrong of course, and initial reports out of OTA's were at least positive concerning his effort thus far.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Guys I think that will turn some heads in camp:

Devin Singletary - Not only am I excited to see him, I think he will ultimately be a hard guy to keep off the field. 

Duke Williams - I think he needed mini camp strong and will start to stand out once he can be physical out there and the pads go on.  

Trent Murphy - Now healthy, I think he will surprise some of his detractors this preseason (although that is assuming he can stay healthy).  His name kept popping up as would be sacks during OTA's and Mini Camp.  

Kevin Johnson - Another guy who has had a strong spring and splashed that first round talent.  His biggest issues have been staying healthy, and he said our facilities are a big reason why he came here.  I think the starting CB position opposite Tre is going to be fun to watch and a tight race.

Dawson Knox - The unfortunate injuries to the other TE's have paved the way for a big opportunity to shine early, and while I expect some mistakes, I do think his skill set is going to start to shine and give us a glimpse of his future.  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Guys I think that will turn some heads in camp:

Devin Singletary - Not only am I excited to see him, I think he will ultimately be a hard guy to keep off the field. 

Duke Williams - I think he needed mini camp strong and will start to stand out once he can be physical out there and the pads go on.  

Trent Murphy - Now healthy, I think he will surprise some of his detractors this preseason (although that is assuming he can stay healthy).  His name kept popping up as would be sacks during OTA's and Mini Camp.  

Kevin Johnson - Another guy who has had a strong spring and splashed that first round talent.  His biggest issues have been staying healthy, and he said our facilities are a big reason why he came here.  I think the starting CB position opposite Tre is going to be fun to watch and a tight race.

Dawson Knox - The unfortunate injuries to the other TE's have paved the way for a big opportunity to shine early, and while I expect some mistakes, I do think his skill set is going to start to shine and give us a glimpse of his future.  

Who do you think will fall off when the pads come on?