Simple things that tend to confuse you...

Another Fan

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I just walked outside.  Look straight at it.  Clockwise is right, tighten  Counterclockwise is left and off.

You're right if the hose bib is in front of you, facing the wall.

Gugny is correct if the hose bib is between his legs with his back to the wall

Edited by unbillievable
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

???? What the heck kinda hose bibbs do you have.

Looking at it, it's righty tighty.

In what world is bibbs spelt wif three Bee's?

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Righty on the top is lefty on the bottom. I always felt that was faulty advice! Clockwise or counterclockwise. Maybe people who struggle with that grew up in the digital age? 

What if you're in the southern hemisphere?

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

What if you're in the southern hemisphere?

The toilet swirls the other way.....but right at the equator, It will just blow up in your face 50% of the time. I suggest goggles and a poncho. It’s some serious sh......well, it’s serious. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I just walked outside.  Look straight at it.  Clockwise is right, tighten  Counterclockwise is left and off.

That's impossible.  Send me a video.

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

The toilet swirls the other way.....but right at the equator, It will just blow up in your face 50% of the time. I suggest goggles and a poncho. It’s some serious sh......well, it’s serious. 

Were you military? I'm not, but decades ago I heard that the toilet swirl was a military prank. 

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Were you military? I'm not, but decades ago I heard that the toilet swirl was a military prank. 

I just heard about it on the Big Bang Theory. No military here. 

2 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Setting the clock on the VCR.

Almost anything tech related. My iPad says I have an unread text. I do NOT. I tried to fix it, and almost blew up North America. I have a sound bar and subwoofer.....unconnected in my family room. The guy who “knew how to do it for sure” had me without sound for the first quarter of a Bills game last year. No Bueno! 

I’m calling a tech guy (who was awesome helping my son) to gain a wall and more seating and put the TV over the fireplace. Pay more for quality and get it done right. Cheaper in the long run if he knows what he’s doing. 

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

EII’s posts. 

Sorry EII but someone had to. ?

No offense taken.  It's actually a compliment and points to your deficiency.

The OP's topic is highlighting "operator error." Or: P.I.C.N.I.C. Problem In Chair Not In Computer. The deficiency falls on the person who simply can't handle the simplest of concepts.  Notice, I don't have any?  IE: The problem is you and or others.  HINT: That's not something to brag about. 

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

In what world is bibbs spelt wif three Bee's?

In this world:

Hose-bibb-not-sillcock-450x338.jpg

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

That's impossible.  Send me a video.

What planet do you live on!  Looking straight at this... You turn righty tighty to put on, clockwise.  Lefty loosy to take off, counterclockwise. Holy Moly, your back ain't suppose to be to the wall! 

They are right handed threads:

vacuumbreakeronhosebib.jpg

RightyTighty-e1333839047243.jpg

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

What planet do you live on!  Looking straight at this... You turn righty tighty to put on, clockwise.  Lefty loosy to take off, counterclockwise. Holy Moly, your back ain't suppose to be to the wall! 

They are right handed threads:

vacuumbreakeronhosebib.jpg

When you attach a hose or a bibb, which way is your hand rotating?  It's rotating counterclockwise ... unless you're looking up at it from underneath.